Glastonbury Related Dreams and Nightmares

RichardWaller

I had a very pleasant one last night.

On June 21st, restrictions were lifted and Glasto basically said "fuck it, we're gonna do a mini festival this weekend." Tickets were free but you had to go on some pilgrimage type thing to get there. I was walking with a few mates and there were thousands of people around us and the festival was miles away but as we got closer we started to hear music and the crowds, see the lights and the stages etc. it was magical

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Typical Glasto nightmare last night.

I was able to get entry on the Tuesday, met by Emily and given a personal guided tour of the whole site (that was the best bit). When Wednesday arrived, at different times of the day pretty much everyone I know turned up and each had their own difficulties (can't find the site, can't get in, need help working out where to pitch up, etc.) - I spent all day trying to help them out while keeping up with my own festival. One by one, all of them decided they didn't enjoy Glastonbury and left disappointed. It ended with a strong sense that I had failed to properly show them what it's like.

Sigh.

Edited by kalifire

• 9 months later...

First resale related nightmare last night!

The website address wouldn't be recognised by my computer, no matter what browser I tried. I then tried a different computer which decided it needed to update! I then got it on, and the F5 key fell off! I finally got it back on and got to the website, just to get a white screen... I then woke up!

Needless to say, I'll be rechecking devices don't need an update before March!

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, kalifire said:

Typical Glasto nightmare last night.

I was able to get entry on the Tuesday, met by Emily and given a personal guided tour of the whole site (that was the best bit). When Wednesday arrived, at different times of the day pretty much everyone I know turned up and each had their own difficulties (can't find the site, can't get in, need help working out where to pitch up, etc.) - I spent all day trying to help them out while keeping up with my own festival. One by one, all of them decided they didn't enjoy Glastonbury and left disappointed. It ended with a strong sense that I had failed to properly show them what it's like.

Sigh.

Pretty much echoes a waking concern I have.

There are 6 of us coming from Melbourne,  pretty much all based on my hype (over last 25 years) for the festival.

I've got no doubt the the festival will live up to the hype , but the real possible horror of a positive Covid test at the gate has me worried.

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

There are 6 of us coming from Melbourne,  pretty much all based on my hype (over last 25 years) for the festival.

I've got no doubt the the festival will live up to the hype , but the real possible horror of a positive Covid test at the gate has me worried.

Very much doubt there will be any sort of testing in place … the legal obligation to self isolate is ending this week 

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Can’t see that happening now restrictions are being lifted. I would imagine advice will be given to those vulnerable, indeed everyone,  to take precautions, make sure they are vaccinated, hand sanitise  etc.  So don’t have nasty nightmares about that, just incredible dreams about what they are about to experience! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a glasto nightmare last night. 

Not a mystery why given it’s balance payment day and I’m ticketless… 

In fact, I actually had two separate nightmares. 

In my first dream we were still ticketless but had managed to secure a Sunday ticket. We’d arranged to meet family there, who are traders and as a result are always there. However, Mrs B was pregnant and insisting we would only go for a bit. At the last minute my mother-in-law invited us for dinner and Mrs B insisted we’d be going. Somehow it was only going to take ten minutes to pop to her mum’s. 

Cue Sunday morning and Mrs B is taking forever, as is her wont. I was getting increasingly frustrated as she was unable to decide what to wear and kept asking if we should still be going. This is a theme for her as she’s very indecisive, and in actual fact we were 45 minutes late trying to get out of the house yesterday evening as just before we left she started a debate about whether we should be going out. 

Anyway, ultimately we ended up arriving on site with just enough time to walk to William’s Green, say hello to family and then leave. It was worse than not going at all. 

In the second dream, I had a ticket but was with people I play rugby with who are very much mainstream, spend the whole of a stag do in Wetherspoons types. They were content just to sit drinking at the tent with the music from TOS in the background and thought this alone was amazing. They had no appetite to explore any more of the festival. As a result I spent the whole festival feeling I was missing out on the best stuff. For some reason I was unable to venture off alone, until Sunday night at which point I was legging it around the site like a madman trying to see something in every area. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a resale dream last night. Couldn't find the spreadsheet at first, but when I did I got through straight away. It was the coach resale, but once you picked your departure point it listed all the coach times and how many seats were available on each. Most coaches had 20-30 seats available, must have been a lot of people who didn't pay their balance! Loads of green on the spreadsheet 😍

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Weird ass Glasto dream last night;

The market area was indoors?, partner was passing me scrambled egg by hand (no spoon/bowl etc) so i was walking around with handfuls of scrambled egg - yeah no idea!!

This bit I can explain: had a tent but no furnishings (this year we will be in a tent part-time unless the very expensive but extremely well located offsite glamp manages to squeeze my campervan in 🤞🤞

so tent but no furnishings; so partner comes back from the indoor? market with 2 very heavy garden deck chairs, you know the kind with the big cushions on.  And proceeds to carry them around Glasto, whilst I have handfuls of scrambled egg?  All this whilst friends of friends are shacked up quite comfortably in my feckin campervan.

So yeah bring on another couple of months of of that kind of brain melt😉

On 3/11/2022 at 4:33 PM, Simsy said:

Had a resale dream last night. Couldn't find the spreadsheet at first, but when I did I got through straight away. It was the coach resale, but once you picked your departure point it listed all the coach times and how many seats were available on each. Most coaches had 20-30 seats available, must have been a lot of people who didn't pay their balance! Loads of green on the spreadsheet 😍

This wasn’t a dream, it was a premonition. 

Had my first last night......usual theme of missing everything due to some issue.  This time it was Mrs P dragging a huge bag to the campsite which got covered in mud, requiring urgent cleaning in our tiny tent which we then fell asleep in and when we awoke everything was over and we'd slept though the whole weekend.

It was sooooo real 😬

Last nights dream involved me waiting with my companion on the Tuesday night, and there was a huge earthquake. Massive structural damage to where we were staying, and unfortunately she became trapped as the ceiling on top of us fell in on her, and she didn’t make it out. 

I went on to have a great festival 😳

Not had it this year yet but quite regularly get the ‘fell asleep and missed the whole festival’ dream. 

I once missed a whole wedding reception because I passed out on the bog before the end of the starters, woke up just in time to see off the happy couple at the end of the night.🙄🙄

It’s a regular dream for me, arrive at big event I’ve been looking forward to, fall asleep, then wake up just in time to go home having missed everything.

My first of 2022 last night. My sister and her husband decided to come on the Sunday. Having never been before they decided going to Glastonbury town was a better option. I was forced to show them round all day then was gutted I’d missed the last day. Was livid when I woke up. Ruined my morning.  

Haven't had any yet this year but I always have the same dream where I arrive late and can't find anywhere to camp. When I do eventually get camped I can't seem to make it to any stages for a multitude of different reasons and before I know it it's over and I've missed it all. 

Edited by Dave_c

• 6 months later...
46 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

For two nights in a row, bang on 4.30am, my daughter who’s just turned 2 has woken up screaming and crying that she wants to go home. We’ve told her she is at home and once she’s calmed down we asked her where home is. “Glastonbury.” 

I presume she’s hacked your right move account at a very young age 😀