The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Metcheck really wants us to have a bit of heat on the Wednesday afternoon and an equally hot night, which is quite confusing as I would have thought you'd need the sun out to get that sort of heat.  Maybe Azores Finger right up the plume does that?  

Either way, I'm happy with that and the general improvement.  Was getting a bit concerned for a minute there

wth.png

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Metcheck really wants us to have a bit of heat on the Wednesday afternoon and an equally hot night, which is quite confusing as I would have thought you'd need the sun out to get that sort of heat.  Maybe Azores Finger right up the plume does that?  

Either way, I'm happy with that and the general improvement.  Was getting a bit concerned for a minute there

wth.png

Would be perfect that, not cold or wet and not too hot, there were times on the Tuesday and Wednesday in 2017 where it was too much, especially when there are no places to hide from it. The tree in the Pyramid field had loads of people under it then.

10 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

wth.png

I think something may have gone wrong there. I don't a UV level of 4 would be possible at night would it??

Just now, richy24 said:

I think something may have gone wrong there. I don't a UV level of 4 would be possible at night would it??

Maybe if there's the super-est of super moons reflecting all of the suns power onto Pilton?  otherwise I think you're right.

7 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Would be perfect that, not cold or wet and not too hot, there were times on the Tuesday and Wednesday in 2017 where it was too much, especially when there are no places to hide from it. The tree in the Pyramid field had loads of people under it then.

Yep, as long as you get in before lunchtime when it starts to get warm it'll be joyous. 

It does cool down as the week progresses but that could be down to it being out of range for the current forecasts and sticking to average temps.

18 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Met office just gone all in with their 4pm update...ignore the word uncertainE0E23F26-20C4-4518-A7A9-801EED46A8FD.thumb.png.c798a32406d2d42529b0fa37b52649d9.png

Another positive update. I feel we need to brace ourselves for shocking update from JackOne on Netweather tonight. It's all getting too promising

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

Another positive update. I feel we need to brace ourselves for shocking update from JackOne on Netweather tonight. It's all getting too promising

Then we get Gav's first video update on Friday too. Bound to be a few more up's and down's yet. 

3 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Is he still going? 

I used to follow it religiously but then he let me down and now I just follow along with TheNal's cheery optimism

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

There so much 2016 about this years pattern.

"Download, poor bastards"

"Late June looking dry"

"Things are looking up" etc

Weather thread June 11th 2016.

Christ this one from June 12th 2016 really does speak volumes...

Screenshot_20190611-163900_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

There so much 2016 about this years pattern.

"Download, poor bastards"

"Late June looking dry"

"Things are looking up" etc

Weather thread June 11th 2016.

Going back and reading a few pages of the 2016 thread is making me very nervous.  Though i am holding on to the fact we have had less rain in the last 4 months this year than 2016

8 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Going back and reading a few pages of the 2016 thread is making me very nervous.  Though i am holding on to the fact we have had less rain in the last 4 months this year than 2016

But the festival starts later in June this year 26th as opposed to 22nd.