The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

12 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91894-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-summer/page/28/

Be warned, it's just another thread to get hopelessly addicted to and obsess over! 

They speak in a foreign language , but you can usually pick up the general gist of what's going on, plus they regularly bicker with each other, which is quite entertaining.

Hooked on it now for every update in the morning, then at midday and agan at 6pm. FFS.

Love how one chap is just posting single charts and being really negative, and being told he hasn't got a clue what he's on about!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91894-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-summer/page/28/

Be warned, it's just another thread to get hopelessly addicted to and obsess over! 

They speak in a foreign language , but you can usually pick up the general gist of what's going on, plus they regularly bicker with each other, which is quite entertaining.

They seem to agree next week/weekend will be nice, but it won’t last. Nice weather coming a week too early?

1 hour ago, PaintedInSand said:

I went with a few people that 2016 was their first ever Glastonbury experience. They hated it and will never be back. It's a shame. It was awful.

I also vowed I can't do this shit anymore.... But here I am! And I can't wait!

Can confirm. He whinged the whole time. 

• Like 1

This 

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

My ONLY fear is that this good weather has come a week early.............

This is good news if true though....

One of the most positive things in FI is seeing the Greenland high being slowly eroded. The building blocks are being put slowly into place for something much improved in the second half of the month.

OK I've been scared to come into this thread too much - just one quick look a few days ago which reassured me slightly but then have been reluctant to come in again.

So, I've had a quick look here and it seems to be a mixture of pessimism and optimism.  I have concluded that I am going to assume it is going to be rainy.  I will pack accordingly and anything better is a bonus.

2016 was tough but enjoyable.  I will enjoy myself regardless.  End of. 

p.s. two weeks!  Eeek!

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

Hooked on it now for every update in the morning, then at midday and agan at 6pm. FFS.

Love how one chap is just posting single charts and being really negative, and being told he hasn't got a clue what he's on about!

Haha, exactly the same, first thing i check every morning now and last thing i check before bed (plus the 1000 times in between).

Ye, that chap was scaring me at first, seems to find the worst possible outlier (picking up the lingo now ?) and posts it up. Quite enjoy seeing him regularly getting slapped down by other posters. 

8 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

This 

This is good news if true though....

One of the most positive things in FI is seeing the Greenland high being slowly eroded. The building blocks are being put slowly into place for something much improved in the second half of the month.

That's what i'm picking up from it all, the high over Greenland is what's screwing us at the moment, if that can dissipate then we can expect to see a much more settled June (i think). 

1 hour ago, PaintedInSand said:

I went with a few people that 2016 was their first ever Glastonbury experience. They hated it and will never be back. It's a shame. It was awful.

I also vowed I can't do this shit anymore.... But here I am! And I can't wait!

2016 was mine and my wife's 1st Glastonbury experience, though we had done plenty of other festivals but it was my dad's 1st ever festival.

We all loved it and can't wait to go back no matter what the weather.

My dad's been to one other festival since and that was Y Not and that year the festival got cancelled due to the ground/weather conditions. He's a curse. 

1 minute ago, ourkid1984 said:

2016 was mine and my wife's 1st Glastonbury experience, though we had done plenty of other festivals but it was my dad's 1st ever festival.

We all loved it and can't wait to go back no matter what the weather.

My dad's been to one other festival since and that was Y Not and that year the festival got cancelled due to the ground/weather conditions. He's a curse. 

He's not coming this year is he? 

Update from the Netweather forums....

5 minutes ago,  mb018538 said: 

Was just going to post the same. The last couple of days have shown it decaying by day 10, tonight it’s still very much there by day 9. One to watch....if it doesn’t shift then we won’t get too far.

This is from the model that’s already the best and had a big upgrade today, really not what we were all hoping for.....GFS clearly a massive outlier and the outliers being driven by a tendency to break down the northerly blocking. Bit of a horrid rut summer 2019 appears to be stuck in....

5 minutes ago, xandercs12 said:

I have no idea what half of the words on that forum mean. Can somebody translate into muggle language please?

The hoped for improvement in the weather might not come to pass. We might well be stuck with this horrible weather for the foreseeable....

On that forum someone also said this

Ridiculous negativity after that ECM run- it's actually showing MUCH warmer conditions than we have at the moment so I don't get what the flood of moaning is about. A warm and humid week showing on the ECM

Understandable if you're in Scotland or Northern Ireland that you wouldn't be a fan of this run, but most of the moaners aren't!

The other thing is, while it would be nice, we don't necessarily need pressure to lower over Greenland for something warmer to come our way.

maybe not all hope is lost

6 minutes ago, xandercs12 said:

On that forum someone also said this

Ridiculous negativity after that ECM run- it's actually showing MUCH warmer conditions than we have at the moment so I don't get what the flood of moaning is about. A warm and humid week showing on the ECM

Understandable if you're in Scotland or Northern Ireland that you wouldn't be a fan of this run, but most of the moaners aren't!

The other thing is, while it would be nice, we don't necessarily need pressure to lower over Greenland for something warmer to come our way.

maybe not all hope is lost

Agreed, it looks *alright* to me... I get the feeling they're moaning it's not going to be scorching hot wall to wall sunshine... 

Or should that be fence to fence?

5 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Agreed, it looks *alright* to me... I get the feeling they're moaning it's not going to be scorching hot wall to wall sunshine... 

Or should that be fence to fence?

I think it’s basically ‘will probably be alright, not amazing but not sh*t either but too long away to tell.’ Also it seems like the worst will be up north and the south will be generally a lot better. Either way I’m not gonna work myself up about it.......much 

Edited by xandercs12