The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

It rained fri night/sat morning. It lashed it down sunday night. There was a couple of showers saturday. It was grim. It was not fun. It rained when the bowie thing was at the park too. Sat night? Coming back from that to tangerine fields took 2hours as it was littered with people stuck in mud and crushes galore.

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

There so much 2016 about this years pattern.

"Download, poor bastards"

"Late June looking dry"

"Things are looking up" etc

Weather thread June 11th 2016.

Reading back the last couple of pages of this thread confirms what i thought i remembered. Apart from a couple of big showers we didn't really get that much rain over the festival. Unfortunately every time it started to dry we got another one.

All the damage was done the weekend before the festival with a couple of huge downpours!

24 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

2016 was awful.

I still maintain it gets overblown.

Yes parts of the site were bad, i.e the Markets, exits to south east corners e.t.c but it wasn't impossible to get around.

I clocked 65 miles on my tracker for the weekend Wednesday to Sunday and cant recall anywhere I couldn't walk through.

Edited by Stretlow

18 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I still maintain it gets overblown.

Yes parts of the site were bad, i.e the Markets, exits to south east corners e.t.c but it wasn't impossible to get around.

I clocked 65 miles on my tracker for the weekend Wednesday to Sunday and cant recall anywhere I couldn't walk through.

Looking back it was pretty bad. Generally not having anywhere to sit ruined the Wednesday and Thursday and the downtime between acts.

Glastonbury is always fun but it was a tough weekend. 

36 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

I went with a few people that 2016 was their first ever Glastonbury experience. They hated it and will never be back. It's a shame. It was awful.

I also vowed I can't do this shit anymore.... But here I am! And I can't wait!

2015 was my first, it was glorious. 2016 was so grueling, it was OK at the time, but I was physically exhausted for weeks after! Couldn't face 2017, but back this year and tho I'm glued to this thread I won't let the weather get to me as much! 

But please make it sunny 

I don't settle for average or even below average weather at this point. I've just come home from work on my motorbike and I'm cold and freezing. It's like October out there. Unbelievably grim for June.

I never thought I'd say this but if this was the weather during the festival, I don't think I'd manage to stay until the end. The wet I could handle but this cold....!!!!

Glad to see everyone seems a bit more optimistic on this thread today! 

However, Accuweather seem to have changed their tune. Yesterday they were predicting sun/clouds in the run up and during the festival but they’re now predicting rain pretty much every day leading up to the festival and then thunderstorms during the festival...

2 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Glad to see everyone seems a bit more optimistic on this thread today! 

However, Accuweather seem to have changed their tune. Yesterday they were predicting sun/clouds in the run up and during the festival but they’re now predicting rain pretty much every day leading up to the festival and then thunderstorms during the festival...

and im predicting their forecaster collecting his p45 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I think I was watching Rat Boy of all things, sheltering from the rain.  I didn't get wet at all in 2016 - the Sunday drizzle doesn't count.

Spent the afternoon at the West Holts bar, but the skies absolutely opened when Dhakabrkha played

4 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Nice! You got a link for this? 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91894-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-summer/page/28/

Be warned, it's just another thread to get hopelessly addicted to and obsess over! 

They speak in a foreign language , but you can usually pick up the general gist of what's going on, plus they regularly bicker with each other, which is quite entertaining.

• Like 1