My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

2 hours ago, pentura said:

I definitely don't think exceeding 60 F5's will be an issue. I have found that by the time you hit refresh, it takes a second or two for the page to load anyway, and that's without the amount of traffic on the page on the day slowing it down so anyone exceeding 60 refreshes a minute seems excessive to me when the page hasn't even loaded and you're already onto another refresh

This is exactly what I do. It both slows my refreshes to less than 60 a minute, and gives me just that second of waiting and looking that (hopefully) stops me refreshing again if it's that glorious moment of getting through to the booking page!

7 minutes ago, billum said:

This is exactly what I do. It both slows my refreshes to less than 60 a minute, and gives me just that second of waiting and looking that (hopefully) stops me refreshing again if it's that glorious moment of getting through to the booking page!

Exactly! Would hate to be at the booking page only for your finger to come down on the F5 and end up at the back of the queue! 

• Upvote 1

Im confused by this IP stuff. Are we saying if you use multiple devices from your home wifi for example and exceed a certain number of refreshes then you're hindering your chances somehow?

Theres people who use 5 or 6 devices, 10 refreshes a minute on each device isn't a lot and this would then exceed the limit?

Well i'm going to throw another theory out there:

If you hit F5 at the right time you'll get through.

In reality it's a game of chance.

If you get a ticket it's human nature you'll do the same again next time as you've been successful doing it before

If you don't get a ticket you'll come on here blasting that it's down to your geographical location, god hates you, it's not as good as it used to be anyway and spew out shite like it should be a ballot system & there should be some sort of loyalty scheme.

Have I missed anything?

Edited by JoeyT
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, across97 said:

Im confused by this IP stuff. Are we saying if you use multiple devices from your home wifi for example and exceed a certain number of refreshes then you're hindering your chances somehow?

That's what's being said.

That doesn't mean it's correct.

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

All sorts coming out on here I never knew.. so if there's 2 of us trying from the same house (assume that means same IP), then it's collectively 60 refreshes?..

We all know there's gonna be just one of you trying from flat at 9am on a Sunday morning this year.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Re. these Chrome hotkeys.

How do you know you wont need to use one of the keys that you assign a shortcut to?

I set up keys 1 to 9 a few days ago and just realised I won't be able to key in my CVV number.

I was just gonna do what someone suggested on here, use P1 - P6 for postcodes and R1 - R6 for reg's

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Re. these Chrome hotkeys.

How do you know you wont need to use one of the keys that you assign a shortcut to?

I set up keys 1 to 9 a few days ago and just realised I won't be able to key in my CVV number.

You need to assign them to something you wouldn’t ordinarily type, ideally use a # or some other symbol in combination with the numbers.

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Do you mean they were the only two people trying and that they may have clashed with each other, or that one of those people in the batch of 6 may have got a ticket via a different means?

If it's the former I don't believe that's an issue, either can succeed or not and if they do and the other gets through they would receive the clash message.

I don't know how those folks manage it in here who have large lists of multiple batches or 6 to attempt, luckily for me I've got less friends than fingers.

Yeh I meant two out of the six had got through and were clashing with each other - I try to be careful to make sure no ones given their reg details to anyone else to use in a group of six!

We currently have 20 people that need to be arranged into groups....very stressful, but I feel like in theory it increases chances (although most likely at least one group will be unsuccessful)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Well i'm going to throw another theory out there:

If you hit F5 at the right time you'll get through.

In reality it's a game of chance.

If you get a ticket it's human nature you'll do the same again next time as you've been successful doing it before

If you don't get a ticket you'll come on here blasting that it's down to your geographical location, god hates you, it's not as good as it used to be anyway and spew out shite like it should be a ballot system & there should be some sort of loyalty scheme.

Have I missed anything?

I think that's pretty much it!  People think I'm some sort if ticket day expert as managed to get tickets 10 years running but in reality I only bought tickets three times and the rest were other people in the group. The main thing is to be organised and have several people trying. We are all obviously quite clued up on here but I think you would be surprised by some of the haphazard attempts people make to get tickets!

One of our 6 is abroad on holiday though will be trying on a laptop. Given his details etc are all UK he will be fine using his debut card won't he? I know it says non-UK transactions have to be credit card but I assume that's just for non-UK residents, UK residents just have to go ahead as normal even if from a foreign IP?

4 hours ago, vinylvictim said:

Is it not just the session timeout? I'd assume that has always existed to prevent people hogging a server side connection but not actually using it to book (unlikely to happen but still possible).

I think the FAQ/Info has just been updated to publish the time now so people aren't complaining about getting caught out.

The session timeout is 10 minutes overall, as per FAQ's last time....new FAQ's also state as such but there is also now a 6 minute window to complete the transaction.  Why, I don't know, but it *seems* to suggest you get 6 minutes to complete the transaction and if you don't you then have the session for a further 4 minutes to get it through.  Baffling. 

7 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

One of our 6 is abroad on holiday though will be trying on a laptop. Given his details etc are all UK he will be fine using his debut card won't he? I know it says non-UK transactions have to be credit card but I assume that's just for non-UK residents, UK residents just have to go ahead as normal even if from a foreign IP?

Exactly this. You’ll be fine

3 hours ago, across97 said:

Theres people who use 5 or 6 devices, 10 refreshes a minute on each device isn't a lot and this would then exceed the limit?

Ok...I tested this at home a while back.  If I do over 60 x F5's in a rolling 60 seconds I get a busy page.  If I then reduce the F5 rate a little the busy page gets dropped.  If I then switch to a second device on same *home* WiFi and up the F5 rate again the busy page fires before a full 60 seconds has passed - thereby proving that devices on same *home* WiFi all count towards the F5 rate. 

I have not tested on any csmpus/work WiFi and would be alarmed if the same was true - although how such services are recognised and treated differently by See is a mystery to me. 

Perhaps someone on a campus network could try this out to allay fears before Thurs/Sun? 

As for F5 rate for an individual then certainly if you intend to be sure you don't have a booking page before hitting F5 again then the page load time during the sale should ensure you won't exceed the 1s limit. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

If I log into my wife's work server from my Wi-Fi is that using a different IP or is it still using my home IP address???

I'm guessing you'll be using a VPN connection to your wife's server from your home wifi....if that is the case then and you can open a Web connection from the server desktop then yes it will be seen by See as on a different IP to a device using your home wifi itself. 

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

The session timeout is 10 minutes overall, as per FAQ's last time....new FAQ's also state as such but there is also now a 6 minute window to complete the transaction.  Why, I don't know, but it *seems* to suggest you get 6 minutes to complete the transaction and if you don't you then have the session for a further 4 minutes to get it through.  Baffling. 

I've just reread the faqs (properly this time), it is baffling... it all seems a bit contradictory.