My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

33 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Quite.   It has been the case for me *at home* but so far no one seems to have tested for themselves to corroborate or otherwise.  

I tested it on my pc and laptop both on home wifi, one auto refreshing at a fast speed the other every 2 seconds. The one with the fast auto refresh got the busy page but the pc connected to the same home wifi stayed the same... very confusing!! I'm just going to play it safe on the day with pc on Wi-Fi, phone on 4g and laptop on the 20 second refresh thing 

30 minutes ago, vinylvictim said:

I've just reread the faqs (properly this time), it is baffling... it all seems a bit contradictory.

It is number 6 on the tips part that makes me read, re-read and then read lots more....... and then start to worry even more.

6. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 6 minutes on the booking page elapses, your registration number will be locked for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again, if there are still tickets available.

Hello, this will be my first time at Glastonbury if I manage to get tickets, so reading this thread is really stressing me out.  I've tried for tickets before and totally failed.  I didn't even know about f5 though! Just let the website refresh for me!

Anyway, I have a couple of questions - sorry if really obvious....

1. There are 4 of us in our group - if we all try and buy all 4 tickets on our respective devices, will the system "know" and kick us out? How do people get around that? 

2. If I want to go by coach but don't get tickets on Thursday,  will there be other coach tickets available just not as part of the ticket /coach package?

1 minute ago, ghoulieanne said:

Hello, this will be my first time at Glastonbury if I manage to get tickets, so reading this thread is really stressing me out.  I've tried for tickets before and totally failed.  I didn't even know about f5 though! Just let the website refresh for me!

1. There are 4 of us in our group - if we all try and buy all 4 tickets on our respective devices, will the system "know" and kick us out? How do people get around that? 

2. If I want to go by coach but don't get tickets on Thursday,  will there be other coach tickets available just not as part of the ticket /coach package?

Hopefully this helps:

1. All 4 of you should try, if more than one of you get through at the same time it isn’t a problem, unless you take too long (Making mistakes for example, so be very organised), and the first one that gets through to the end then you have your tickets ...if the others were to keep trying unknowingly then if they get through they get a message saying these tickets are already allocated. Almost everyone on here works together in groups, it increases your chances.

2. The coach tickets will after Thursday only be available again at the resale in April, they are just sold as linked to buying a ticket, but of course you can make your own separate travel arrangements via public transport. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It is number 6 on the tips part that makes me read, re-read and then read lots more....... and then start to worry even more.

6. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 6 minutes on the booking page elapses, your registration number will be locked for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again, if there are still tickets available.

The way I see it, there is only a problem if one person in the group gets through and makes a complete hash of it, taking far too long, making mistakes, and locking the others out. Six minutes is plenty of time, and even if a mistake is made I’d expect you’d still have enough time to re-do the error. I’d guess with cut & paste or text replacement on a smartphone, the process can be completed within 1-2 minutes.

It says ‘up to’ 10 minutes, hopefully in most cases it would be much less than that, but we can’t be sure of course.

29 minutes ago, ghoulieanne said:

Yes National Express offer coaches to the festival from all over and you can buy those at any time pretty much.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Just a quick question is it just the £50 deposit you pay if lucky enough on Sunday or do you pay an admin fee ?  Been the last 2 times but minds gone blank and don't want to risk not having enough money in my account to pay for 6 tickets.

If I remember rightly it’s just the deposits.

think the admin fees are taken when you pay the balance.

6 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Just a quick question is it just the £50 deposit you pay if lucky enough on Sunday or do you pay an admin fee ?  Been the last 2 times but minds gone blank and don't want to risk not having enough money in my account to pay for 6 tickets.

Just the fifty!!

Not really on topic - but one of ours has a reg number but no longer access to the email address it is registered against. Rather than find out that it's been deleted on T-Day at the worst possible time, is there a way to identify if it is still valid? It's pointless putting in the email address on the page as he cannot access it.

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Not really on topic - but one of ours has a reg number but no longer access to the email address it is registered against. Rather than find out that it's been deleted on T-Day at the worst possible time, is there a way to identify if it is still valid? It's pointless putting in the email address on the page as he cannot access it.

Maybe  easier just to re-register? 

1 minute ago, Gacheezbo said:

People in my group are panicking as some of us (bugger!) forgot to update our photos that are over 2 years old , shouldn’t be an issue surely? I mean I haven’t aged that badly 

Not an issue if you haven't changed much since your photo; wouldn't worry.

2 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

People in my group are panicking as some of us (bugger!) forgot to update our photos that are over 2 years old , shouldn’t be an issue surely? I mean I haven’t aged that badly 

I've taken that to be their advice to keep the queues moving quickly instead of spending a long time checking each of us out, from photos of years ago, and it's not mandatory.

9 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is there no way they can reset the email it’s linked to? I’ve had this nightmare today with my I cloud.. the email address I haven’t used for years. Had to bloody reset that first before I could rest my I cloud.

worth looking into if you can before Sunday.

if not, then I’d at least try it on T day. How old is their reg number? 

4 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

If you've got ID I'd say your fairly safe. I've known a few incidents amongst friends where they've queried it even with ID but they've always been resolved.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

That's nowt compared to the coach sales. We have a group of 6 trying for tickets from Manchester. Requires £720 worth of liquidity!

Ditto... and as usual it’s coming off our card... others in our group have our CC details ?

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

This whole scenario is coming about because they failed to do the easier option before the mid-day deadline today.

Ah, bugger.....

Maybe contact seetickets then and explain your dilemma

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's nowt compared to the coach sales. We have a group of 6 trying for tickets from Manchester. Requires £720 worth of liquidity!

Was just looking at coach prices today - someone is making a buck or two from those prices.

I managed coach tickets from Bristol one year - worked a dream by getting cheap advanced singles and a cheap Ibis. Wonder if I could convince my lot to try that!

4 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Is there no way they can reset the email it’s linked to? I’ve had this nightmare today with my I cloud.. the email address I haven’t used for years. Had to bloody reset that first before I could rest my I cloud.

worth looking into if you can before Sunday.

if not, then I’d at least try it on T day. How old is their reg number? 

The reg holder isn't particularly IT literate - he doesn't even know which email address it was originally to reset. Left it with the person to re-register but didn't manage to. My issue is if it doesnt work on T-Day and we dont end up getting tickets because of that reason, there'll be 5 other people pretty pissed off in the group. Gonna give See a call tomorrow and see what they say. Reg number probably post- 2013.