My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I definitely one year (don't recall which but it was 2011 or earlier) got a ticket before they went on sale at 9am.

Fired everything up, clicked the link as a test and got through to the booking page.

It must have been 10-15 mins before they were actually due on sale.

Anyone else get this or remember the year?

Yes I did that too. I think I went to check the link at about 8.15am and got tickets and then spent the next few hours panicking it wouldn't go through until the email confirmation landed.

I also used a backdoor link that was posted on here another year when someone spotted a flaw and also got them a couple of minutes before 9 another year.

I think that was three festivals in a row I got them in a way other than just clicking the link from 9am. The next festival was no luck until the resale thoughand every festival since there have been no short cuts or lucky early sales that I have found or been aware of

25 minutes ago, pentura said:

Has anyone tried the autofill on Chrome / IE / Firefox etc on any of the above links?

Might come in handy come t-day

I've got it setup in Safari. Works a treat.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever encountered any issues with using Safari? I've always used Firefox in the past but Safari seems faster on Macs.

Edited by EZYSEY

I thought recently about going into work on Sunday and turning on 10-15 computers in the office. Obviously I would only be able to refresh on one but some of the other ones may hit the ticket page on the 20 second refresh.

Has anyone tried anything like this or should I just stick to trying it at home like a normal person and not seek to gain an unfair advantage? (Which might not be an advantage anyway as the likelihood of the getting through on the see tickets auto refresh seems minimal)

13 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I thought recently about going into work on Sunday and turning on 10-15 computers in the office. Obviously I would only be able to refresh on one but some of the other ones may hit the ticket page on the 20 second refresh.

Has anyone tried anything like this or should I just stick to trying it at home like a normal person and not seek to gain an unfair advantage? (Which might not be an advantage anyway as the likelihood of the getting through on the see tickets auto refresh seems minimal)

I had five computers all with about 10 windows on a really quick auto refresh through a plug-in last time. Didn't get anywhere, which is not surprising what we now know about the 60 times a minute limit!

Can't do any harm leaving them on the 20-second auto refresh I wouldn't have thought

17 minutes ago, rubenz said:

The only time ever got through is in 2016 when I came into work because their wifi was better. I was in in 10 mins.

I was on my own that year and had 3x PC's on..... this year I am coming into work with a bunch of friends coming with me.

Just be careful about the more than 60 refresh a minute.... I realised that all the PC's have the same IP address so we cant refresh more than that combined..... which between 4 of us means we can only refresh every 4 seconds each.

1 minute ago, duke88 said:

I had five computers all with about 10 windows on a really quick auto refresh through a plug-in last time. Didn't get anywhere, which is not surprising what we now know about the 60 times a minute limit!

Can't do any harm leaving them on the 20-second auto refresh I wouldn't have thought

I've just realised the basic floor in my plan is that I wouldn't be able to login to any of them as I'd need other people's passwords and doubt they would hand them over for a glasto ticket sesh!

Just now, rubenz said:

I've just realised the basic floor in my plan is that I wouldn't be able to login to any of them as I'd need other people's passwords and doubt they would hand them over for a glasto ticket sesh!

don't you have friends that could come with you and bring their laptops / ipads?

Just now, rubenz said:

Can you not log in to multiple computers on your account? They shouldn't be computer-specific.

2 minutes ago, CeriG said:

The only time ever got through is in 2016 when I came into work because their wifi was better. I was in in 10 mins.

I was on my own that year and had 3x PC's on..... this year I am coming into work with a bunch of friends coming with me.

Just be careful about the more than 60 refresh a minute.... I realised that all the PC's have the same IP address so we cant refresh more than that combined..... which between 4 of us means we can only refresh every 4 seconds each.

We use terminal servers for some work - would the Chrome on there have a separate IP address to the one on my own desktop?

And would the wifi on my laptop have a different IP address to my wired desktop?

Thinking I can get phone on 4g, desktop PC, laptop on Wi-fi, and desktop on terminal server. Would that work?

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

We use terminal servers for some work - would the Chrome on there have a separate IP address to the one on my own desktop?

And would the wifi on my laptop have a different IP address to my wired desktop?

Thinking I can get phone on 4g, desktop PC, laptop on Wi-fi, and desktop on terminal server. Would that work?

I've checked the 3 PC's we are using and they all have the same IP address on what ever internet we use, ie chrome, edge.

However, on our remote connection that we use for our systems... through there we have a different IP address - still the same on all 3 Pc's though.

I'm going to connect remotely.... 1 person on edge, 1 on chrome and 1 on 4g.

10 minutes ago, Dangertappy said:

If we try to use this link now though, could our registration details be blocked or something? If we were to click on thst link on T- day, could we book in theory?? This is so stressful ?

It shouldn't block your reg as it isn't getting past the pre-sale validation to get in to the booking process

I've got major pre-match nerves.

Missed out in the main sale last year after an unbroken 2008 - 2016 run in getting the tickets for my group. I don't want to go through that winter of discontent again that was Oct - April last year again.

This is the plan for me and the Mrs on Sunday:

PC through VPN

Tablet through Wifi

2 x phone on 4g

The other 4 in my group will be on their pc and 4g phone.

I'll go in through the Seetickets front door but will be checking here for any shortcuts.

I was here for the DNS hack whatever year that was, but was too scared to stop refreshing to learn what you had to do so I missed out there. I'm gonna have a read up on it so i'm ready to go if it happens again.

**Another thing to bear in mind I don't think i've seen mentioned:

Last year someone in our group was in 2 different groups without us knowing, and we got chucked out the the end of our ticket process as he'd already got his ticket in the other group. We were sent back to square one, and never got that far again and that's why we missed out.

DON'T HAVE YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER IN MORE THAN ONE BUYING GROUP!

Thanks for the replies. Thinking about it I would only need to go online rather than access any work stuff so should be possible just by switching the computers on anyway rather than needing to login. 

May just login to the work network from home and then also use my home WIFI and 4g phone in a 3 pronged attack. 

Think I may be overthinking it as now contemplating whether I can refresh with a mouse with my right hand and also refresh a tablet and mobile at the same time with my left!

Good luck all!

I'm going into Work as well.

1 Computer on server and Phone on 4G. I've also got friend from our group trying at her home and my mum trying at family home. So good range spread across so just hoping for the best. Just those nerves slowly coming through the closer it gets.

First time properly doing TDay- 2016 someone else organised getting our coach tickets. 2017 I decided only in January I wanted to return with friends I made the previous year (they got tickets already) and I go for resale (Still to this day I'm very surprised I was successful with that)

Not been on or posted here in ages. I went into hiding after missing out in both sales last time. Never had an issue with getting tickets before, and almost thought I was immune to missing out... until it happened.

This thread has brought all those feelings of anguish back to me. The kids sometime joke about the time Daddy was sat at the dining room table, shouting obscenities at the laptops, kicking the chairs and rudely interrupting whatever was on Cbeebies, and it's only recently that I can just about chuckle at what it is must have looked like being a fly on the wall...

...now the fear is well and truly back!!! ?

I'll have PC on home broadband and the wife on her mac ensuring < 60 F5's in 1 minute between them (shouldn't be hard as the page takes a few seconds to load). A laptop on VPN into Europe (to cover that angle). A laptop RDP'd into the network at work (to use the 10Gb business pipe and for yet another IP-Address).

So four devices spread over 3 different ip-addresses from our house on Thursday & Sunday .

Have five people in our group which equals three sets of people trying from different locations all with the same list of reg-numbers.

Think we've done all we can - also offering a beer-free Saturday as a sacrifice to the ticket gods

Just now, CeriG said:

If I log onto the remote connection to my work pc from home will I be using our home internet or works internet?

Asking because works internet is stupidly good.... 192 mbps download.

It will be as fast as your home connection surely - it's the wires going to your house that determine the speed.

1 minute ago, CeriG said:

If I log onto the remote connection to my work pc from home will I be using our home internet or works internet?

Asking because works internet is stupidly good.... 192 mbps download.

Both! Your connection to work will be using your home broadband, but your connection from the work PC to SeeTickets will be the 192mbps connection.

This obvs gives you the extra IP, but by all accounts (and I really do think it makes sense), the speed of the connection to See is immaterial in getting tickets

2 minutes ago, billum said:

Both! Your connection to work will be using your home broadband, but your connection from the work PC to SeeTickets will be the 192mbps connection.

This obvs gives you the extra IP, but by all accounts (and I really do think it makes sense), the speed of the connection to See is immaterial in getting tickets

Thanks... was wondering if to have my mum at home connected to my remote desktop whilst I'm at work and hubby at his work as she is watching the kids......

Last year I bought all 3 of them with me into work.... NEVER AGAIN!!!

2 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Thanks... was wondering if to have my mum at home connected to my remote desktop whilst I'm at work and hubby at his work as she is watching the kids......

Last year I bought all 3 of them with me into work.... NEVER AGAIN!!!

I *think* if your mum is connected to your remote desktop from home, while you're using that machine at work yourself too, she's basically using the same IP address as you, so no help there

Be better if she simply used that same computer at home on your home broadband, wouldn't it? Extra IP and all that