My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

If I log into my remote desktop connection and go onto the internet there its a different IP address.... Why is that even though it's on the same device?

Am I best to use say chrome on my remote connection and edge on my normal desk top?

45 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Start here, dozens of pages of grief follows: 

Eugh.... why did I read this. Totally bobbing myself. Last year was so easy but after 3 previous years of failure and reading this it clearly is just luck of the draw.

21 minutes ago, CeriG said:

If I log into my remote desktop connection and go onto the internet there its a different IP address.... Why is that even though it's on the same device?

The remote desktop connection links you to the device as if you were sat at it and any onward connection to the Internet will be from that device and it's own IP so different to the IP on your home device.....even though you are using it connect to the other one.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

The remote desktop connection links you to the device as if you were sat at it and any onward connection to the Internet will be from that device and it's own IP so different to the IP on your home device.....even though you are using it connect to the other one.

You can tell I'm not very Techy cant you... ha!!

I will use my remote desktop then and the others can use the normal PC's..... cheers mate

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That thread is visceral reading at this time of year. It also makes my eye twitch when I read posts casually saying things like “anyone having any luck? I’m not” and “nothing so far for me!”

If you are spending time posting stuff like "no luck so far" etc. then you are missing valuable F5 time!    I even worry about breathing once the ticket sale is on let alone messing about with posting/texting etc.

Just now, phillyfaddle said:

Brutal :'-( Despite all the techie hacks, when it comes down to it, it's just a lottery isn't it?

That's what i've convinced myself.

But we're all culpable of convincing ourselves things in order to make us feel better!

This is why if you've been successful doing it a certain way previously you'll do the same again and if you've been unsuccessful you'll convince yourself there are things you could have done better.

It's just our minds way of dealing with things. 

12 minutes ago, karaseen said:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

Go there. Refresh like a demon. The holding page will appear.

Now I have the holding page without even needing to refresh....

Shit. It's so freekin' soon

31 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just noticed I posted that around 8.45am there was 222 people in that thread.

I absolutely cannot wait for Sunday!

Even trying for a guy at work during the Thursday coach sales just to get that t-day feeling.

I'm not gonna lie, I find it a little bit disturbing how much you seem to be getting off on the T-Day stress :lol: I love the spreadsheet organisation beforehand, but for the actual 30 mins-1 hour of refreshing (and probably for at least half an hour before) I just feel like vomiting. I'm praying for someone to score tickets in the opening five minutes so I can chill the fuck out!

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not gonna lie, I find it a little bit disturbing how much you seem to be getting off on the T-Day stress :lol: I love the spreadsheet organisation beforehand, but for the actual 30 mins-1 hour of refreshing (and probably for at least half an hour before) I just feel like vomiting. I'm praying for someone to score tickets in the opening five minutes so I can chill the fuck out!

Yeah I think you can only enjoy it as much as Joey T seems to if you've never experienced failure...

3 minutes ago, Dukey said:

What info do I need for mates I'm getting tickets for? Reg number, postcode, name, anything else? Thanks in advance.

just reg and post code. you don't enter the name. you'll need to match the name to the reg number to get your monies though.

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

It disturbs me that it no longer counts down from 20 to zero and that when I refresh, although my URL bar changes, the actual page doesn't so much as flicker

HOW AM I GOING TO KNOW IF IT CRASHES??

*breath*

Would imagine it will count down when it's live.

Just done a couple of hopeful F5's just thinking there's a some chance it'll stick me on the ticket page 5 days early.