My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Now I have the holding page without even needing to refresh....

The https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy URL will simply load the holding page, and an F5 will just refresh that page only.....which you don't want to be doing come Thurs/Sun.

That's also an old busy page that has now been replaced by this one...although I don't know the URL to open it directly....not that you want to that is.

Screenshot_2018-10-02-10-05-35.png

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

The https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy URL will simply load the holding page, and an F5 will just refresh that page only.....which you don't want to be doing come Thurs/Sun.

That's also an old busy page that has now been replaced by this one...although I don't know the URL to open it directly....not that you want to that is.

Ah ok...god, I hope I use the right link on the day :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ah ok...god, I hope I use the right link on the day :wacko:

To be honest the only link to use on the day is https://Glastonbury.seetickets.com Using links with further extensions *could* be recognised as improper attempts and get you blocked.  The URL inspection at the load balancer is probably sophisticated enough to render anything else pointless in any case.

Edited by parsonjack

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

To be honest the only link to use on the day is https://glastonbury.seetickets.com.  Using links with further extensions *could* be recognised as improper attempts and get you blocked.  The URL inspection at the load balancer is probably sophisticated enough to render anything else pointless in any case.

That link brings this page up.

EF305F7E-5FDC-4260-A6C6-55DC95C6AFE4.png

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

To be honest the only link to use on the day is https://glastonbury.seetickets.com.  Using links with further extensions *could* be recognised as improper attempts and get you blocked.  The URL inspection at the load balancer is probably sophisticated enough to render anything else pointless in any case.

Think the full stop on the end is throwing this link out.

• Upvote 1

Just noticed the Glastonbury website has listed the following cards for UK payment,

Payment by card for UK sales is by the following card types – Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro Domestic, Solo, Mastercard

IIRC its always just been debit cards and not credit for previous UK sales hasn't it? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

To be honest the only link to use on the day is https://Glastonbury.seetickets.com Using links with further extensions *could* be recognised as improper attempts and get you blocked.  The URL inspection at the load balancer is probably sophisticated enough to render anything else pointless in any case.

Thanks!

Just cmd-r'd fast enough on it to get to the holding site page - so at least I know it works :) Would never actually refresh that fast in the actual sale though, as wouldn't be convinced that I wouldn't refresh myself away from the page or even know if the page had loaded before I hit refresh - particularly if the 20 sec counter doesn't count down 

"cmd-r'd" def doesn't have the same ring to it as F5'd

Just now, cb4747 said:

What is this link for? I keep getting email notifications from visual ping (watching secret resale’s in 2016) 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/tour/glastonbury-2016

In the past that's been the landing page for selecting different options (worthy view, tipis, campervan etc). I'd expect a 2019 version to go live on Thursday this week for wed/thurs coach tickets

Reading these with interest, I think a lot of it is down to pot luck really.

Although I recall the backdoor link in Oct 2012 for 2013 sale, I didn't understand it but my mate did so loads of us got tickets thanks to efests that year. :)

I'm flying off to Baku tonight to see Arsenal play Qarabag and land back Saturday night...straight to bed and then straight up again for the ticket sale, at this this year I won't be sat at work all week and then at home all weekend stressing about it!

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Just noticed the Glastonbury website has listed the following cards for UK payment,

Payment by card for UK sales is by the following card types – Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro Domestic, Solo, Mastercard

IIRC its always just been debit cards and not credit for previous UK sales hasn't it? 

No, last sale they allowed credit cards for UK buyers

9 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

What is this link for? I keep getting email notifications from visual ping (watching secret resale’s in 2016) 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/tour/glastonbury-2016

Good spot.  That'll be the page that you get directed to on Thurs/Sun...but with all the ticket options added...and the URL will be 2019 instead of 2016.

Edited by parsonjack

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Good spot.  That'll be the page that you get directed to on Thurs/Sun...but with all the ticket options added...and the URL will be 2019 instead of 2016.

You can put 2019 now and it takes you to that page

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Start here, dozens of pages of grief follows: 

i had a read at this, absolutely loving how people help each other out on here by getting others their tickets!!  Will definitely be on here Sunday to help as much as I can! Made me so nervous reading the panic tho!

• Upvote 1

I definitely one year (don't recall which but it was 2011 or earlier) got a ticket before they went on sale at 9am.

Fired everything up, clicked the link as a test and got through to the booking page.

It must have been 10-15 mins before they were actually due on sale.

Anyone else get this or remember the year?

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I definitely one year (don't recall which but it was 2011 or earlier) got a ticket before they went on sale at 9am.

Fired everything up, clicked the link as a test and got through to the booking page.

Yeah I think it was 2013 because I got my first ticket in 2011 resale, unless that was it.

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yep, it was for 2009 festival. I got all ours at 08:30!

46 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If you do end up on this page is that only due to too many refreshes?

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yes the same happened to me, got them at 8:55. I have had a few years off so have not been since 2015 although have had the stress of ticket day getting them for my daughters. My eldest daughter got engaged at Glastonbury 2017 and is getting married end of May next year and wants us to go again with her.

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Wow!  Presumably that year was a one -off?