My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

After 33 years of success using almost every method known to man or beast, the one universal truth is that what you've used before successfully is no guarantee of future success. 

Those of us who had long established methods of back buttons, F5s and auto-refreshes could then find little success the next year when friends using ipads over wifi or 3g got through without much delay.  Sometimes folks in the UK report it being fairly straightforward, other times the same from overseas.

All of the points from the first post are useful about having your information ready and 100% accurate should you get to the buy page - you don't want to be the eejit who has given an incorrect reg number that prevents 5 of your friends from getting a ticket.  Ignore the bit about just buying 1, that's simply immoral when it comes to ticket day etiquette - assuming they are friends rather than those folks who always leave you to go through this whilst they chip off to the pub/have a lie in.

The key advantage of looking after your friends is that they hopefully will be free to try at the same time - as above having other folks on different devices can be the difference between success and failure.  My worst ever experience was trying for 16 hours solid with no success whatsoever, then a friend who had managed to secure theirs managed to get ours too - suddenly those hours looking at white pages or listening to engaged tones become merely a cloudy memory :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Doesn't seem to be the usual glasto chat among work colleagues and acquaintances with regards to wanting to get tickets either ( usually they never end up getting tickets but doesn't seem to on people's radar as much) 

Wish I could say the same, but just about everyone I know who’s ever shown any interest seems keen this time around.

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Doesn't seem to be the usual glasto chat among work colleagues and acquaintances with regards to wanting to get tickets either ( usually they never end up getting tickets but doesn't seem to on people's radar as much) 

Well we can't rest on our laurels all the same, but *maybe* (probably not) we'll have a slightly easier time of it this year, just for things to ramp up to a new unseen level of fever pitch for the big 2020

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, billum said:

Well we can't rest on our laurels all the same, but *maybe* (probably not) we'll have a slightly easier time of it this year, just for things to ramp up to a new unseen level of fever pitch for the big 2020

Bloody hell. I'm worried enough for this year and then you go and write this!!! ??

Edited by semmtexx

At least we don't have to compete with the scalpers for tickets.

Take That sold out so fast and were on resale ticket sites while I was still getting "site busy" messages.

is it too early to start a sweepstakes on how fast the tickets will sell out?

I'll put a stake in the ground - Coach sale 20 minutes and main sale 35 minutes (Assuming Seetickets get their shit together).

Edited by Penrhos

5 hours ago, billum said:

I like the jist of this post very much, I got in fairly early in 2012 for 13...

On 9/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, ShutUpDonny said:

Hi, Glasto virgin here (apologies if this question belongs elsewhere). Can anyone confirm if a non-UK debit card (MasterCard) is definitely no-go for international buyers? Do I really have to spring for a credit card?

Also, even if I get the card on time, I'm going to see Jack White on October 4th, and the show starts at 8 pm (6 pm UK time), so getting coach packages will be really tricky. How tough will it be to try on mobile/laptop? [To complicate things even more, Jack White bans phones at shows, so I'll have to miss the start anyway]

To my knowledge, you can only use credit cards if you don't have a UK debit card. Do check the info on the main site though.

As for trying to get tickets on your mobile, how many tickets are you trying for? If you scroll back through this thread some people are going to set up keyboard shortcuts which should make things easier if you get through. Tickets go REALLY quickly so you'll need to be poised and ready to go the second they go on sale. Have you got friends trying for you also?

• Upvote 1

well good luck to all - this is the last ticket I bought for Glastonbury - I Bought a bunch of tickets from the CND shop in London ' face to face ' - was in and out  in a flash - ever since then I have been a Volunteer so I have missed all the stress.

The best of British Luck to you all. 

53044_n.jpg.aab2872f643b7d414f5d96d0152fd394.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, billum said:

I'm not convinced 2020 will be extra busy. For a lot of casuals, 2020 is just another Glastonbury - I'm not sure the anniversary makes it anymore attractive and it's not like the Eavii are going to blow the budget. The headliners may be more high profile and mainstream but they won't be known before ticket day. 

This year will be as busy as ever. There were still be a few million trying for a few hundred thousand tickets.

54 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

well good luck to all - this is the last ticket I bought for Glastonbury - I Bought a bunch of tickets from the CND shop in London ' face to face ' - was in and out  in a flash - ever since then I have been a Volunteer so I have missed all the stress.

Thanks for the luck, have always enjoyed your well informed posts on here, I did my first stint volunteering at Glasto last year with Oxfam and as such have priority for next year so am pretty much guaranteed on being there in some capacity, I would however prefer a regular punters ticket as I have friends going who haven't been before and would love to spend my time with them showing them around, that said I'll spread the luck and say all the best to every one trying next week. :)

5 hours ago, Penrhos said:

is it too early to start a sweepstakes on how fast the tickets will sell out?

I'll put a stake in the ground - Coach sale 20 minutes and main sale 35 minutes (Assuming Seetickets get their shit together).

Not sure about coaches, but main sale is always just slightly quicker than last time isn’t it? I assume they configure it with that in mind.

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Evening @glasto-worker how you doing? The last few pics you shared (in the Royal Free) looked mighty scary! I may of course missed many happy posts since then, my apologies if I have! Good to hear you're going to be fit for 2019.

Edited by semmtexx

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

I'm not convinced 2020 will be extra busy. For a lot of casuals, 2020 is just another Glastonbury - I'm not sure the anniversary makes it anymore attractive and it's not like the Eavii are going to blow the budget. The headliners may be more high profile and mainstream but they won't be known before ticket day. 

This year will be as busy as ever. There were still be a few million trying for a few hundred thousand tickets.

You may well have a point about it being "just another year" bit you might imagine there will be a lot of publicity about it, hence more people applying? 

A few million trying? Is that right - this real figures or a best guess? 

11 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Evening @glasto-worker how you doing? The last few pics you shared (in the Royal Free) looked mighty scary! I may of course missed many happy posts since then, my apologies if I have! Good to hear you're going to be fit for 2019.

you have a good memory - that was June and July 2017 - 

so while many people were getting out their face at Glastonbury - they were giving me Morphine injections every few hours in ICU and had two nurses Looking after me 24/7 - that was rough they had to do a load of tests ' every two hours ' - I am sure it was for my good but I would have preferred being on a normal ward - its sods bloody law ' the only year since 1979 that I could watch Glastonbury on TV and in ICU TV was banned ' 

I have been posting but not in the normal sections and its been a very busy time - { take too long to explain } but this year I did try something new and ended up as a Oxfam volunteer at Womad and River Cottage festival - it went well although the walking distance at Womad  was close to my limit and I doubt if I will work at Womad next year.

Glastonbury 2019 will be tricky as they have new Security in place which meant that WBC staff had to get out from the Crew Coaches ' close to gate A ' and then march up to Gate D { where the crew site is } with all their gear - so I will have to arrange a Crew car park pass as that car park is a lot closer and I am sure I can arrange for help shifting my gear between car and crew site - its a shame as I will miss the Coach banter - one year I was on and their was a voice from behind telling a whole bunch of new Volunteers what Glastonbury was like to  work # but he was getting a lot wrong # - the way he was talking he was claiming he was a ' top man ' but I know all of them - turned round to see this guy who I vaguely recognised but I knew he had only ever worked at Glastonbury once - I pulled him aside and had a word with him - he said dont worry ' they wont know I am talking bollocks ' !!!

if I had to work in a public bar at glasto - I just would not do it as the distance is outside my limit but by good fortune due to my long service I can pick any bar I wish so opt for the crew bar which is inside the crew site so there is very little walking - if there is someone I want to see on the Pyramid then I can arrange a buggy ride to the backstage area - { easy to get down - more tricky to get back }

it will take years before I can ditch the walking stick - but at least I can still walk - many had a foot or leg amputated.

good luck with the tickets

oxfam2.thumb.jpg.8b84ac8849268794ac0bbb486866d466.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, JayBalls said:

Thanks for the luck, have always enjoyed your well informed posts on here, I did my first stint volunteering at Glasto last year with Oxfam and as such have priority for next year so am pretty much guaranteed on being there in some capacity, I would however prefer a regular punters ticket as I have friends going who haven't been before and would love to spend my time with them showing them around, that said I'll spread the luck and say all the best to every one trying next week. :)

I did work for Oxfam this year so have a good idea what its like and I know some people were able to wangle a split shift and there was days at Womad where we had a free day .

I know there was a board so people could swap shifts but I did not need to swap so not sure how they got on.

some guys worked days before the event opened so they were not on duty for most of the event days which looks your best option for Glasto - hope your friends get their tickets sorted and you have time to show them round.

Edited by glasto-worker

So for postcodes, does it matter how they are entered? For example for my registration my post codes is XX1 1XX (with a gap) where as my friends is XX11XX (without a gap). Do they need to be entered the way they were submitted or if a space is added or taken away will it not matter? The same goes for upper and lower case letters.

I also seem to have one more digit in my number, is that right?

Edited by mf_2005