My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Okay, I'm getting my little copy and paste document together now - is this everything I need?

Reg for each person
Postcode for each person

Card number
Expiry date
CSV number

I don't *think* you need the start date, but you do need the cardholder's address. This will be filled in automatically if it's the registered address of the first person in the list of registrations (under 'YOUR DETAILS'), but if you're using your own card for a group that doesn't include you, you'll need to edit it to your address

37 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Best tip I can recommend is book a cheap holiday abroad around Ticket sale day. The two times I have done it (Greece n Tenerife) are the two least stressful Glasto ticket experiences I have ever had. Got through in under 10 mins both times and then had the joyous time of celebrating getting a ticket in the sun with beer. Alternatively if you didn't get them you'd be on holiday and soon get over it too so it's win win. Thankfully i did get them though. 

Sat there at home in your under crackers and getting the dreaded SOLD OUT notice is just not something I want to experience ever again. 

I know this is all anecdotal, but in 2016 I was bricking it on dodgy hotel WiFi in Cyprus, buying for three groups of 6, and it was also my fastest and easiest Glasto ticket buying in history!

39 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Best tip I can recommend is book a cheap holiday abroad around Ticket sale day. The two times I have done it (Greece n Tenerife) are the two least stressful Glasto ticket experiences I have ever had. Got through in under 10 mins both times and then had the joyous time of celebrating getting a ticket in the sun with beer. Alternatively if you didn't get them you'd be on holiday and soon get over it too so it's win win. Thankfully i did get them though. 

Sat there at home in your under crackers and getting the dreaded SOLD OUT notice is just not something I want to experience ever again. 

This bodes well. Off to Spain on Wednesday

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Can there be any logical reason why connections from overseas may be advantageous??

I sort of desperately hope it may be true, whilst I'm stuck in Manchester my son will be trying from Iceland, and one of his friends from Singapore.

Might need to up my game in future and book a mini-break just to secure G tickets! ?

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

Got my 2017 ticket in the resale in 30 seconds while having breakfast in the Algarve. Maybe you are on to something. Thomas Cook here we come.

Edited by tjamest

1 hour ago, billum said:

I don't *think* you need the start date, but you do need the cardholder's address. This will be filled in automatically if it's the registered address of the first person in the list of registrations (under 'YOUR DETAILS'), but if you're using your own card for a group that doesn't include you, you'll need to edit it to your address

Ta! I'll be the lead booker so hopefully should be fine :)

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

Did you buy them with your phone? or did you take a laptop? 

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Can there be any logical reason why connections from overseas may be advantageous??

I sort of desperately hope it may be true, whilst I'm stuck in Manchester my son will be trying from Iceland, and one of his friends from Singapore.

I'm living in the Netherlands and I scored 4 out of 4 Glasto's: 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.

Could it be that when you live outside the UK, you enter on a different & less crowded Internet Service Provider?

Or a more obscure theory: does Seetickets/ Glastonbury recognise IP addresses from abroad and give them priority in order to have a more multicultural and international diversity amongst the Festival goers... ?  

9 minutes ago, rinzeanne said:

I'm living in the Netherlands and I scored 4 out of 4 Glasto's: 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.

Could it be that when you live outside the UK, you enter on a different & less crowded Internet Service Provider?

Or a more obscure theory: does Seetickets/ Glastonbury recognise IP addresses from abroad and give them priority in order to have a more multicultural and international diversity amongst the Festival goers... ?  

Don't think so. We've had our group try from Russia, Italy, Slovakia, Thailand, Ukraine in addition to the UK. Seems to have made no odds to our chances. Sometimes we get 'em,  sometimes we don't. 

1 hour ago, rinzeanne said:

Not unless it does this purely on a euro basis. I've tried from Peru and Tanzania and got nada. Only time I've ever got anywhere I was in the UK. My friends have tried from Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Burma and god knows where else, but for us at least its always the guy in the UK who gets the tickets

My brother got 6 of mine and mates tickets for 2017 from a tiny part of Switzerland he lives in, and wasn't even going himself! He wants to come for 2019, he's not been before. Hopefully good old Switzerland pulls through for us again.

I'm not very techy but he said he was using Tor. 

So yeh all go to Switzerland if you can.

2 hours ago, mf_2005 said:

This whole blocked for refreshing too many times? Is this new? And how many do you get before it's a no go for you? Past years I've hammered refresh like no one's business and been so far successful.

This year is the 1st we’ve known it’s there for sure, after tech guru Parsonjack found it’s still active. I doubt they added it during the off-season, so it was probably in effect  last year too. The limit is 60 refreshes per minute, so quite possible to reach it manually if you’re too hard on the old F5.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

8 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

This year is the 1st we’ve known it’s there for sure, after tech guru Parsonjack found it’s still active. I doubt they added it during the off-season, so it was probably in effect  last year too. The limit is 60 refreshes per minute, so quite possible to reach it manually if you’re too hard on the old F5.

It was there for the Oct 2016 sale although I may not have spotted it until after...I mention it in a post somewhere from back then although it didn't get much attention.

Hi, Glasto virgin here (apologies if this question belongs elsewhere). Can anyone confirm if a non-UK debit card (MasterCard) is definitely no-go for international buyers? Do I really have to spring for a credit card?

Also, even if I get the card on time, I'm going to see Jack White on October 4th, and the show starts at 8 pm (6 pm UK time), so getting coach packages will be really tricky. How tough will it be to try on mobile/laptop? [To complicate things even more, Jack White bans phones at shows, so I'll have to miss the start anyway]

Edited by ShutUpDonny