Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Agreed. We’re never going back to the days of only the “champions” being in the competition and random draws. I can see PTs point but it’s ancient history.

After this year’s competition, who would only have wanted Man City qualifying ? 

What a tournament it’s been this year ? 

I wouldn't change the rule to stop it happening, just prefer it when it doesn't.

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

When we're they not respected? They are in the top 3 respected managers in the league.

I've heard numerous man Utd fans say poch isn't good enough for utd cos he hasn't won anything. Ditto ( though less so ) for klopp

Edited by zahidf

Disappointed Ajax didn't do it, like many have said I prefer a final between two teams from different countries. 

Spurs probably a tougher game than Ajax too, always worrying that having beaten a team twice in a season that it may be their turn.

13 hours ago, Lad said:

He'd have been better saying that than what's this fuckery then.An achievement isn't a trophy.If nothing is won the season goes down as a failure.It goes with the territory.

Who cares what other teams think?It was never the Liverpool way to be going dizzy by not even winning a trophy.Enjoy the victory but be aware it's only a stepping stone.It all means nothing without a trophy.

Fans of Liverpool and Spurs will never forget the games from the last day or so, that’s what football is all about. 

Memories and ones that get you right in the gut. 

Football bloody hell. 

7 hours ago, mjsell said:

Lads, it's Tottenham. 

Are people still going to ride the "Tottenham's achievements are overplayed" train on here? 

It's a great achievement and for all the talks of a European super league it would stop the likes of Spurs, Athletico, Dortmund, Porto, Leverkusen etc who have managed to get to finals in the last 20 years.

Looking back I don't think we have had a true underdog win since Porto which is surprising in a knockout tournament where luck plays s greater role. In terms of an underdog beating big opposition in the final your probably going back to Dortmund.

Hopefully minimal fan trouble in the final and a good game. I still feel Liverpool will win, but think they would have felt more confident with Ajax.

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a new fan then.

It's the last trophy LFC won that I can remember.Which was the question asked.It was a bit of a dig but fair enough cos it was me who'd emphasised winning trophies.  Are you going to make up a speel about another one only you know about??

Playing Ajax would have been well better in every way but there it is another great comeback to get to  the final. Missed chances bites Ajax,a team that LFC supporters  have a good rapport with so the Madrid final becomes very different.

52 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It's a great achievement and for all the talks of a European super league it would stop the likes of Spurs, Athletico, Dortmund, Porto, Leverkusen etc who have managed to get to finals in the last 20 years.

Looking back I don't think we have had a true underdog win since Porto which is surprising in a knockout tournament where luck plays s greater role. In terms of an underdog beating big opposition in the final your probably going back to Dortmund.

Hopefully minimal fan trouble in the final and a good game. I still feel Liverpool will win, but think they would have felt more confident with Ajax.

two legs in the knockouts and seedings help with the lack of underdogs thing.

odds on both English teams blowing it tonight with very poor performances? I can see it with everyone expecting two double finals

Wow, what a week of football.

In fact, what a year for English football fans. The World cup ride in the summer, all the divisions have been highly competitive this season, the ladies team won the She Believes Cup and now head into a World Cup tournament with a real shot at winning it, 2 teams in the Champions League final, both through because of unbelievable comebacks.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I will openly admit I was fuming when Spurs scored. Ajax would have been a lot easier to face you’d thihk.

Spurs have run us close twice this season which worries me as surely they are due one. Think I might have to leave planet Earth if that happens.

I think we're more likely to beat spurs, but I'm much more scared of losing to them.

14 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Your club won the footie lottery Easty. Cool it.

Its a valid point. Lad is suggesting football is all about winning trophies and I disagree. How can football be all about winning trophies if he has hardly seen his team win any? ?‍♂️