Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Can you remember what it is like to win trophies?

Yeah saw the League Cup (in whatever guise Carling?)win against Cardiff at Wembley. Dalglish was the manager and got sacked at the end of the season.Crap game,not the best trophy but it was a spawny win on penalties.

34 minutes ago, pryce said:

God I would love to know what it's like to win something..

This ?

While Liverpool were winning I was freezing watching Ayr make an arse of the playoffs.

Buzz went round the ground when it went 3-3. Genuinely can’t remeber that ever happening around any European score. Incredible stuff. Will be a great final.

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

This ?

While Liverpool were winning I was freezing watching Ayr make an arse of the playoffs.

Buzz went round the ground when it went 3-3. Genuinely can’t remeber that ever happening around any European score. Incredible stuff. Will be a great final.

Maybe Ayr one day.Hats off to the dedicated fans.

3 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

This ?

I watched Wrexham make an arse in the play offs for the fourth time last week! It's the hope that kills you! Interesting I saw it was one of our ex players who played a key role in your defeat. I don't remember seeing him score one goal, never mind two!

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I watched Wrexham make an arse in the play offs for the fourth time last week! It's the hope that kills you! Interesting I saw it was one of our ex players who played a key role in your defeat. I don't remember seeing him score one goal, never mind two!

Aaah the Racecourse Ground.Great to see the less rich teams still supported on here.The famous friendly game when Rafa wore jeans.

Well,well 2-2.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't like same nation finals regardless of how the teams get there. It just never feels right to me.

I know what you mean. Find out tomorrow if it'll be an all English Europa as well.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I have always thought the away goal rule is a terrible rule. I doubt many Spurs fans agree after their route to the final!

Eh ? I was out my seat there. Brilliant stuff. Will be a great final to watch. Incredible that the 2 English teams made it. Great stuff.

They needed to score 3 in the 2nd half and they did. That’s been the rule for yonks.

I sense if Spurs win it you will be raging ? 

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Eh ? I was out my seat there. Brilliant stuff. Will be a great final to watch. Incredible that the 2 English teams made it. Great stuff.

They needed to score 3 in the 2nd half and they did. That’s been the rule for yonks.

I sense if Spurs win it you will be raging ? 

Undoubtedly a great comeback, I will be fine with either team winning the final. I watch as a neutral.

I have always been against the away goal rule, as posts from previous years would show. I think a draw is a draw and shouldn’t matter whether the goals are scored home or away. I think you would still get just as exciting games without it. Like you say they all know the rules at the start, I just think it’s a crap rule.

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Don't see how this matters in the slightest.

Agreed. We’re never going back to the days of only the “champions” being in the competition and random draws. I can see PTs point but it’s ancient history.

After this year’s competition, who would only have wanted Man City qualifying ? 

What a tournament it’s been this year ? 

• Upvote 1

Fantastic game for the 2nd night running.

Didn't realise the final was as late as June.. I guess Kane will be back.

Edited by lost