Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

19 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Us British are a bit obsessed with 'hunger and desire' for some reason. Held us back for years. As you say, some journalists still stuck with that way of thinking.

The Llorente sub made all the difference yesterday. 

I’m sure both the Ajax and Spurs players had equal hunger and desire. It’s not like they play champions league finals every week!

45 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Should be a minimum 80k limit on stadia for these finals. Baku? GFY.

Very few stadia have that, but Baku apparently has a capacity of 70k. Fuck knows how they're giving such a small allocation.

57 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Not sure if there's any London based reds fans here, but does anyone know of any Liverpool friendly bars to watch the final? Moving back to London the day before and would quite like to watch it without fear of upsetting some Spurs fans ?

look for Arsenal ones, you will be ok in one of those

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Not sure if there's any London based reds fans here, but does anyone know of any Liverpool friendly bars to watch the final? Moving back to London the day before and would quite like to watch it without fear of upsetting some Spurs fans ?

You'll be fine in any Arsenal or Chelsea.

29 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You'll be fine in any Arsenal or Chelsea.

A few weeks ago I watched a Liverpool game with a bunch of Chelsea and Arsenal fans, constantly telling me how much they can't stand the idea of Liverpool winning anything. 

They've all become much friendlier in the last few days.

19 minutes ago, Dan R said:

A few weeks ago I watched a Liverpool game with a bunch of Chelsea and Arsenal fans, constantly telling me how much they can't stand the idea of Liverpool winning anything. 

They've all become much friendlier in the last few days.

Yep. Personally I'm not that bothered. Rivalries are a bit of fun at the end of the day, I'm not too keen on when it boils over into pure hatred and anger.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Yep. Personally I'm not that bothered. Rivalries are a bit of fun at the end of the day, I'm not too keen on when it boils over into pure hatred and anger.

Pretty much spot on.

I remember living in Manchester during the heyday of the united/arsenal rivalry, it was a united pub and there was just one arsenal fan in there all the time. Lots of banter but never boiled over to anything else. 

On the other hand I walked into a city pub when I first moved there in my united top, now that could of been a bit tasty if I did not use common sense and did what they asked. ?

33 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Good news for spurs fans. Bad for everton fans

Really hope this is true! Not the player we need as the system can't accommodate both him and Siggy with Gylfi Sigurdsson being the better player. Might do well at Spurs though.

Edited by lost