Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Just now, eFestivals said:

a bank hasn't "personally" done anything either. :rolleyes: 

He's responsible for a regime keen on execution, that persecutes different religions, that oppresses attempts at furthering democracy, etc. He could personally stop those with his despotic powers. he doesn't.

No hea not responsible for that. He is not the ruler and nor does he hold absolute power. He could not personally stop any of those things.

I think Man City overall were the better team. In the second half of the season they were very controlled. I can't remember them going into the last 10-15 minutes of the game needing a goal.

However can't agree with the argument that because Man City finished 1 point above it makes them the better team over the season. It's close enough that it could go down to who benefited most from official decisions. Note I also accept that Liverpool may have benefited more and the gap could have been wider.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No hea not responsible for that. He is not the ruler and nor does he hold absolute power. He could not personally stop any of those things.

he's the PM of UAE (oh, how did he get that job? :P ) and the senior active royal of Abu Dhabi where he has absolute power.

But he can do nothing and is powerless. :lol: 

Oh, apart from when robbing both entities with his despotic powers to spend on his Manc plaything.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

utter bollocks. :rolleyes: 

While your man milks a country's people dry to spend on his Manc plaything.

Don't see any homeless in Abu Dhabi

Standard of living is quite high and the ruling party has invested their wealth very well.

This play thing is worth far more than he has invested. Spectacular business decision.

I get it Neil, you're upset. You have been Scouse flag waving all season. Come unstuck in the end but nevermind.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he's the PM of UAE (oh, how did he get that job? :P ) and the senior active royal of Abu Dhabi where he has absolute power.

But he can do nothing and is powerless. :lol: 

Oh, apart from when robbing both entities with his despotic powers to spend on his Manc plaything.

No he is not. He is the deputy Prime Minister of thr UAE.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it does see people locked up for 6 weeks for falling asleep in a taxi tho. 

I got locked up for 15 hours in this country for kissing a girl goodbye at train station.

They should stick a statue up of Citys owner at that slave museum they have in Liverpool. 

Easty it’s pretty sad how you are reacting after your team just won one of the most competitive, hard fought, impressive title races in memory. Your anger and vitriol is very disappointing. At times on here you have given me the impression that you could be better than such a response, but to see it it the wake of your team retaining the league in such an impressive manner points to some true colours being unveiled. The sort that are quite unappetising in honesty. 

Enjoy the win; look forward to the FA cup; and “calm down”.....it’s a fucking game....

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Chris Hughton sacked. Kept them up and got to an FA Cup semi final. Awful run in the last few months in the league though.

Seems a bit short sighted. Who they gonna get? I think that's one relegation spot filled for next year.

Bloke has had it tough in the PL, he should never have been sacked at Newcastle. We might need him back yet, see what happens with Rafa.

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Seems a bit short sighted. Who they gonna get? I think that's one relegation spot filled for next year.

Very possibly yeah. Although they only won 3 of their last 23 and 9 games in total. 36 points is a low ish tally to stay up with. They're lucky the other 3 were so shit. 

No idea who they'll get but assume they've someone lined up if they're sacking him this early. 

If Rafa leaves Newcastle due to lack of funds etc I don't know why anyone else would want the job.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Very possibly yeah. Although they only won 3 of their last 23 and 9 games in total. 36 points is a low ish tally to stay up with. They're lucky the other 3 were so shit. 

No idea who they'll get but assume they've someone lined up if they're sacking him this early. 

If Rafa leaves Newcastle due to lack of funds etc I don't know why anyone else would want the job.

Why did Rafa want it in the first place? It was him that got in touch with the club. I still don't know why he came or stayed, Ashley has been a useless owner since 2008.

Yes Brighton haven't been great but what are their expectations? To stay up you'd assume, and that's what they've done. I can understand the logic, make a change now and hope it works out come the new season but I'm not sure it'll pay off.

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Chris Hughton sacked. Kept them up and got to an FA Cup semi final. Awful run in the last few months in the league though.

He did brilliantly at Brighton. Took over when Hyypiä left them languishing at the bottom of the Championship and turned them into contenders almost immediately. The fans will always respect him for being the man who took Albion to the Prem, kept them there and earned an FA Cup semi at Wembley but ultimately he's paid the price for a team that at times this season, did not look set up to score a single goal.

16 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Possibly. The next recruitment will be huge. Make the wrong move, get the wrong guy in and they could be heading down. I like Hughton but I think it probably is a good time to change for all involved. Wonder who is on their shortlist? I think they would be a nice proposition for many managers.

Just now, jyoung said:

Possibly. The next recruitment will be huge. Make the wrong move, get the wrong guy in and they could be heading down. I like Hughton but I think it probably is a good time to change for all involved. Wonder who is on their shortlist? I think they would be a nice proposition for many managers.

As Nal said, they must have someone lined up.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

I think they would be a nice proposition for many managers.

Hmm, dunno. Depends on investment. They lost 20 games in the league. Didn't really get properly hammered though apart from one or two games. You'd think a little bit of investment there could make a huge difference. Maybe thats the plan and they just didn't trust him to splash the cash. 

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

As Nal said, they must have someone lined up.

Puel, Jokanovic, Bilic probably the best available and realistic options but we may see some changes over the summer.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Hmm, dunno. Depends on investment. They lost 20 games in the league. Didn't really get properly hammered though apart from one or two games. You'd think a little bit of investment there could make a huge difference. Maybe thats the plan and they just didn't trust him to splash the cash. 

They did invest but said investments haven't made as much of an impact as the club would have liked. Whether that's because the attacking players they got in aren't good enough or whether that's because they were shackled to a defensive system, will be seen next season. I'm probably speaking with bias as I am from the area but I believe the club is well positioned for success but of course that does not come easily in the Prem.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

It's a risk, but it's probably a bigger risk to stick with a manager and system which isn't working. At least this way, they can get someone else in to set them.up better for next season 

Probably the right decision from Brighton. Hughton has been great to get them where they are, but they regressed this season and are one of the favourites for the drop next year. 

Could end badly, but they could end up with something much better. Worth the risk if you're in that position imo.