Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

28 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Felix is an attacking midfielder, no? He'll be a wad of cashmoney alone.

He's gonna be a squad player and they won't sign him without selling someone else first by reports? 

20 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I can see City dropping 230 million.

Total sure. I can't see it being net this time. They cycle a defender and an attacker out and take it 40ish between them, sign new ones for 70ish total, then drop 30 on a left back and 40-50 on a DM. Where else are they going to make signings? 

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Seems a bit short sighted. Who they gonna get? I think that's one relegation spot filled for next year.

Bloke has had it tough in the PL, he should never have been sacked at Newcastle. We might need him back yet, see what happens with Rafa.

Brighton were relegation contenders before Hughton left and they still are. I don't see signs of progression and the football is pretty dull. As a fan I would probably want something different, aiming to finish 17th without much entertainment doesn't seem much fun.

I can't see Norwich of Sheff Utd spending huge money, so it's as good a time as any to switch.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Brighton were relegation contenders before Hughton left and they still are. I don't see signs of progression and the football is pretty dull. As a fan I would probably want something different, aiming to finish 17th without much entertainment doesn't seem much fun.

I can't see Norwich of Sheff Utd spending huge money, so it's as good a time as any to switch.

They should have had replacement ready to go.

Seeing some of the clips of City's "celebrations" last night. Oh dear. Its no surprise there is such envy towards LFC's fan culture. Every one of those players and "fans" would be elsewhere without the money. Theyre all in on it. They know.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Seeing some of the clips of City's "celebrations" last night. Oh dear. Its no surprise there is such envy towards LFC's fan culture. Every one of those players and "fans" would be elsewhere without the money. Theyre all in on it. They know.

Couldn't be arsed with City and the types  on here who cry even when they've just become champions but you do know that they followed the team everywhere,in numbers,in lower leagues?

9 minutes ago, Lad said:

but you do know that they followed the team everywhere,in numbers,in lower leagues?

a crap attempt, frankly.

Aldershot were taking 1,000+ fans to away games when in the 8th tier - and their home gate is only 3000 on a good day.

Proportionally, City's away support in those lower leagues was pants.

You mustn't have seen them.They travelled in big numbers everywhere.From what I can see they had a 33000 average attendance in 2002 in a lower league.Not bad and doesn't suggest poor support.Bit of a cheek slagging fans who follow their club through thick and thin.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Going by that Aldershot had a better support than LFC and man u.

quite possibly - tho you need to remember that there's essentially unlimited tickets available for away fans in the lower leagues.

When they're used to getting 10 men and a dog, they're chuffed as fuck to get 1,000 in.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

quite possibly - tho you need to remember that there's essentially unlimited tickets available for away teams in the lower leagues.

When they're used to getting 10 men and a dog, they're chuffed as fuck to get 1,000 in.

Probably are and good luck to them.City aren't mates of mine but I'm commenting on the revision of history.City have always had a fan culture, admittedly some of it was septics with plassy bananas,but this arrogance about football is a joke.Especially from people who just geg onto everything.

On the other hand the City fan who's cry arsing after becoming champions is a joke as well.