SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

I won 4x tickets for Christine and the Queens last Sunday, when I arrived none of them were valid at the gate. 

Turns out AXS had voided them, and sent out new tickets at about 1.45pm that day, so I had to go into my emails and find them. They wouldn't scan off my phone, so I had to manually read out 4x barcode numbers to a guy who typed them in and we got waved through.

8 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Only way is to let someone else log into your dice account on their phone using your phone number. You'll just need to give them the activation code you'll receive by text.

In that case I will just give them away to whoever wants them, not gonna bother selling them. First dm gets them. 

Jade Bird has replaced Sam Fender and they've put Tamino is her place

Does anyone know anything about him? I don't remember seeing his name on the list previously

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

Why is it invalid? All the tickets we're going up on today are competition winners ones...

My friend just got an email from Viagogo saying the seller uploaded the ticket incorrectly; apparently it's been sold elsewhere? But I'm unsure if that's referring to my sale of it, or something else. Not quite sure what to do 

6 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I really fucked up wearing shorts. 

I'm wearing shorts and leaving in an hour, is it not advisable? 

Just now, 19liam75 said:

It's a bit windy. I'm also a wimp

Just now, Stuielooie said:

It's a bit windy. I'm also a wimp

😁 as long as there is no rain it shouldn't be too bad 

if anyone does want some bmth ones inbox me and you can log in my dice.

29 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Jade Bird has replaced Sam Fender and they've put Tamino is her place

Does anyone know anything about him? I don't remember seeing his name on the list previously

I’ve listened to him a fair bit as he’s on the Green Man line up - don’t like him at all. 

Looks a lot like Timothy Chalamet though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

This won't be much help to you but I used the offer and got them through instantly. So if you didn't there must be an issue at some stage of the process.

Cheers for that. Finally got through to on the phone. The superviser was vaguely aware of the show but unaware of the the 2 for 1 deal. Wanted screenshots sending which luckily I have.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jenko said:

Cheers for that. Finally got through to on the phone. The superviser was vaguely aware of the show but unaware of the the 2 for 1 deal. Wanted screenshots sending which luckily I have.

Top marks for preparation.

Does anyone know if Dice have released there prize tickets for tomorrow yet? Need one for Mumford but gonna wait to see if I can avoid paying.

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

I really fucked up wearing shorts. 

1 hour ago, 19liam75 said:

I changed to jeans and am pretty warm from the walk. Either will be fine though! It's comfortable weather and not forecast to be too chilly later either. 

So anyone who is there now and for some reason reading this, how busy is it?

23 minutes ago, 1986 said:

So anyone who is there now and for some reason reading this, how busy is it?

Busier than Christine and less open than last weekend but still fine ATM. Bag checks a bit more vigourous

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

My friend just got an email from Viagogo saying the seller uploaded the ticket incorrectly; apparently it's been sold elsewhere? But I'm unsure if that's referring to my sale of it, or something else. Not quite sure what to do 

Just go, they'll be able to argue their way in.

1 hour ago, John L said:

Busier than Christine

2 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Just talking to security and they have 22,000 people here today for BMTH

Maybe the 4000 full-price tickets sold for those two was genuine. 😱😱😱

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe the 4000 full-price tickets sold for those two was genuine. 😱😱😱

Oucharoony!

Be interesting to see what impact this has on next year. I remember reading they had signed a five year deal with Tower Hamlets for the use of the Park so I'd guess they still have to do two weekends. Do they go after bigger names that will sell out or scale back, booking smaller, cheaper names with less of a financial hit?

My guess would be a mixture of both. One big name each weekend then two smaller gigs.

19 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Just talking to security and they have 22,000 people here today for BMTH

I'm told sales are 34000

Edited by DR OK

1 minute ago, DR OK said:

I'm told sales are 34000

Is that full price tickets sold or including those given away?

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oucharoony!

Be interesting to see what impact this has on next year. I remember reading they had signed a five year deal with Tower Hamlets for the use of the Park so I'd guess they still have to do two weekends. Do they go after bigger names that will sell out or scale back, booking smaller, cheaper names with less of a financial hit?

My guess would be a mixture of both. One big name each weekend then two smaller gigs.

I am worried for the fest after all this with the tickets this year - it's a terrible experience for those fans who paid full whack, and really bad publicity for the fest. It's a well run festival, with well curated lineups, on the whole. They've been unlucky this year with days like today being a perfect storm of reasons not to sell.

Sales are likely to suffer in subsequent years if a percentage of people hold out for cheaper tickets nearer the event. The exception would be if a popular act with strong undercard (see: Strokes) is well received and expected to sell out.

Will be watching intently for future editions...