SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is that full price tickets sold or including those given away?

probably 34000 given away lol. I swear the second weekend hasn't even got 34,000 capacity as it has less than the 40k on weekend one?

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oucharoony!

Be interesting to see what impact this has on next year. I remember reading they had signed a five year deal with Tower Hamlets for the use of the Park so I'd guess they still have to do two weekends. Do they go after bigger names that will sell out or scale back, booking smaller, cheaper names with less of a financial hit?

My guess would be a mixture of both. One big name each weekend then two smaller gigs.

I think they'll stick with a big weekend with proper undercards and then a smaller one like how this one is. Strokes should have been a presents one really imo, it didn't need the full undercard that it had and so should have Chemical Bros really. The weaker acts should be together with the proper undercard I think. Strokes definitely shouldn't have been the Saturday I think thats for certain.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can't imagine that they will have sold 34000 with the number that they appear to be giving out...

3 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I am worried for the fest after all this with the tickets this year - it's a terrible experience for those fans who paid full whack, and really bad publicity for the fest. It's a well run festival, with well curated lineups, on the whole. They've been unlucky this year with days like today being a perfect storm of reasons not to sell.

Sales are likely to suffer in subsequent years if a percentage of people hold out for cheaper tickets nearer the event. The exception would be if a popular act with strong undercard (see: Strokes) is well received and expected to sell out.

Will be watching intently for future editions...

Yeah after this year I definitely wouldn't attend the festival ever again - not after the piss-poor customer service and just general lack of care for customers.

2 hours ago, Slugy said:

Does anyone know if Dice have released there prize tickets for tomorrow yet? Need one for Mumford but gonna wait to see if I can avoid paying.

They sent out messages about half an hour ago.  I just won tickets but already bought some so am looking to sell mine for £20 each if you're interested?

They have just released another batch, I've got now tickets for every day... They haven't sold any tickets at all, have they? 

I don't really know what to do, I was supposed to go to Muse tomorrow, which btw hasn't sold out either. 

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oucharoony!

Be interesting to see what impact this has on next year. I remember reading they had signed a five year deal with Tower Hamlets for the use of the Park so I'd guess they still have to do two weekends. Do they go after bigger names that will sell out or scale back, booking smaller, cheaper names with less of a financial hit?

My guess would be a mixture of both. One big name each weekend then two smaller gigs.

I really don't think there's much reason to invest thought into what they'll do year-on-year with this. They'll already be talking to a few names for next year's event. It's a big company with a lot of money and as much as we here like drama, I don't think there'll be much change until the end of the deal. Maybe the change will come from how fans react to this now it's been a pretty miserable experience this year and what competitors can do to capitalise but LN don't really seem to be doing a lot better with their London events (Wireless excluded).

They’ve tried to build the weekends around a big Saturday name but failed. The Champions League tomorrow has hammered them this weekend.

If they had priced the weaker events better (say £40) they would have done better overall.

This years line up is much weaker than last year and better headliners is the lesson I think they will learn.

PS Squid are much better than Idles

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chemica said:

Anyone got one extra for Bon Iver? Can buy beer as a thank you. 

ape ones haven't been sent yet, i'll send you mine though if i win them

Very thin crowd for BMTH

Crowds are barely past the viewing platforms. Run the jewels who by their own standards were average probably should have headlined. Came out of HEALTH expecting low numbers but this is embarrasing.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sold And given away - total sold ~19500

I’ve got 2 for Mumford and 2 for Bon Iver on my DICE app - if anyone knows how I can share them for others happy to offer out.

I honestly can’t believe how APE survives next - no one will risk buying tickets will they?! I’ve “won” free ones for every day but Stokes. 

So I managed to walk near enough to the front for bring me the horizon, but as a casual fan jesus christ what a show- so much fun!! Brilliant setlist, the crowd around me were lovely, no dickheads which is rare in London, and I just had a  blast! For all the negativity around the sales etc I really didnt expect to have such a good time but I bloody loved it!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

So I managed to walk near enough to the front for bring me the horizon, but as a casual fan jesus christ what a show- so much fun!! Brilliant setlist, the crowd around me were lovely, no dickheads which is rare in London, and I just had a  blast! For all the negativity around the sales etc I really didnt expect to have such a good time but I bloody loved it!! 

this is exactly how it was. don’t let the pessimists sway your opinion. it was absolutely absolutely phenomenal. BMTH were unbelievable and the crowd were great

• Like 1

Who else went yesterday?

Managed to see IDLES, SWS, WSS, Architects and BMTH, thought they were all great.

Architects the highlight for me, thought they were incredible and enjoyed IDLES v much, friend that came with me doesnt like their music but definitely found them entertaining. - another highlight has to be WSS bringing Oli out for silence speaks.

Couldn't have asked for better weather really, nice atmosphere all day and was pleasantly surprised by how well BMTH performed imo (only because I've seen them before and wasnt sure how they'd handle headlining, but they smashed it)

Would 100% go again next year if theres a day I like as much, just feel for those that went on The Strokes day, as I didnt notice any issues with sound. Brilliant day to kick off the festival season for me

Edited by jamieaslee

Had a cracking day yesterday. Really well organised, much better experience than Slam Dunk. 

The guy who I spoke to showed me the areas they closed yesterday as they only had just over half the capacity. 

Loved Idles and RTJ. Sound for Architects was poor where I was stood for first half but after moving was much better. Great band. 

I wasn't bothered about BMTH but ended up staying for 90 mins as was much better than I thought it would be. 

Will be back next year. 

Having no lines at the bar was the highlight of the day for me.