Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Every UK  Festival, but particularly R&L and Download will have absolutely missed a trick in not getting them for 2020. 

Think they haven’t made themselves available for UK festivals. If their priority is to do a show for their own fans, MK is the better shout this year. 

Plus they might have new material next summer and reading / download would be better!

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Think they haven’t made themselves available for UK festivals. If their priority is to do a show for their own fans, MK is the better shout this year. 

Plus they might have new material next summer and reading / download would be better!

That would make more sense. That being said, they’re doing Download Australia and Japan, so maybe they’d have done the UK leg too.

They’re miles more interesting than bloody System of A Down. Or Liam Gallagher for that matter.

41 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If R&L have failed to get MCR in both 2020 & 2021 then they’ve fucked it.

I mean its not like that would damage the festival in any way, shape or form...

edit: with download's tiny pool of headliners they should really be getting MCR instead of reading anyway

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Okay as much as I hate to say it...what do you think the chances of this are?

Imagine Dragons/Travis

Liam Gallager

Biffy/BMTH

Firstly, for suggesting it, get out.

Secondly, the frontman is supposedly taking a break to be a father so I don't think its likely. The band's stock seems to have dropped a little since they subbed.

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If R&L have failed to get MCR in both 2020 & 2021 then they’ve fucked it.

I guess it comes down to how much faith you have in R&L’s booking policy. I reckon if they were more aware / on the ball / gunning for their reunion they could have had them this year. However, R&L / Download tend to book their headliners really really really early now. Maybe MCR only became available after all the headliners were chosen?

40 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Harry Styles subbing?

I feel like a R1 headline or that would go down well ticket sales wise and be a decent booking but on the poster it would just look awful having him sub - so much stick would be sent their way if they announce that honestly.

I know it’s already been spoken about with @Matt42 mentioning that he’s heard an MCR show in June at MK bowl but might as well reinforce it for anyone in doubt.

Got a mate who works for Live Nation who’s told us to “book 20th June off work if you like MCR and book into a hotel in Milton Keynes”.

Yungblud supporting too apparently.

Edit- it’s also apparently MK Stadium rather than MK Bowl.

Edited by TheWaters

ORDER DETAILS
Rammstein: Europe Stadium Tour 2020
Date:
Sat., 20/06/2020, 17:00
Venue:
Ricoh Arena, 71 Phoenix Way, CV6 6GE COVENTRY, United Kingdom

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

“book 20th June off work if you like MCR and book into a hotel in Milton Keynes”.

thanks i hate it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I know it’s already been spoken about with @Matt42 mentioning that he’s heard an MCR show in June at MK bowl but might as well reinforce it for anyone in doubt.

Got a mate who works for Live Nation who’s told us to “book 20th June off work if you like MCR and book into a hotel in Milton Keynes”.

Yungblud supporting too apparently.

Edit- it’s also apparently MK Stadium rather than MK Bowl

I didn’t know the venue but I knew they were over here between June and July and aren’t playing any UK festivals. 

I was told they were doing Coachella, Lolla US, Rock Werchter, Mad Cool and their own UK date. I was told the UK date is the only ‘non’ festival date of the summer. They are in Europe between June and July, and those are the only festivals I know they are doing but I imagine they will do doing some more. It seems like this info was right.

Edited by Matt42

31 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Same day as Kasabian too. Slightly considering selling my ticket if this materializes.

I wonder why they’ve come in June to be honest. My guess is that Coachella is a strong reason why they have reunited, so June / July is their only window to come to Europe as they will be back in the US in august for Lolla and some other shows. I reckon Download sorted their headliners really early, otherwise they would have probably headlined Download judging by the timing of the dates they have announced. 

Also if Goldenvoice / Coachella are funding this reunion I don’t think Download could wait until January to announce them as a headliner. Download usually announce their headliners in September.