Lineup 2020

randlfan

16 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I feel like we'll get a huge suprise booking that no one expects.

Post Malone was quite a suprise last year, KOL before that so maybe we'll get some exciting new comer

Post Malone wasn't a surprise someone said this like a few pages back too, a lot of people expected him to return.

Watched this bbc radio interview with catfish - seems like they want to just play as many outdoor shows as possible instead of playing a few bigger ones each year. good watch its on their youtube can't miss it.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Post Malone wasn't a surprise someone said this like a few pages back too, a lot of people expected him to return.

I don't know, I think a lot of people were surprised to see him back co-headlining the year after playing 5th down. I remember there being shouts of him being back a couple years later to headline but I'm certain there was no one predicting him to be headlining this year.

53 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I don't know, I think a lot of people were surprised to see him back co-headlining the year after playing 5th down. I remember there being shouts of him being back a couple years later to headline but I'm certain there was no one predicting him to be headlining this year.

Headline maybe not but after his and dua's set people were saying they expected him to have been rebooked there and then. Obviously Dua wasn't but he seemed to have been booked very quickly after playing

Panic were fantastic in 2018, so as a previous user said, fuck it, get them back to headline one year, why not? Beats the boring, generic bookings any day, and no one can deny they don't put on a performance. 

However, it won't be next year I don't think. Can seem them being more likely for 2021 or 2022 at the latest. At this point, can really see Liam Gallagher / Stormzy / Bring Me The Horizon being the three headliners. Doubtful that there will actually be a co-headline, as there hasn't been another co-headline the year after there has been co-headliners. First for everything I guess, but I can't see it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Panic were fantastic in 2018, so as a previous user said, fuck it, get them back to headline one year, why not? Beats the boring, generic bookings any day, and no one can deny they don't put on a performance. 

However, it won't be next year I don't think. Can seem them being more likely for 2021 or 2022 at the latest. At this point, can really see Liam Gallagher / Stormzy / Bring Me The Horizon being the three headliners. Doubtful that there will actually be a co-headline, as there hasn't been another co-headline the year after there has been co-headliners. First for everything I guess, but I can't see it.

Kendrick and Panic co-headlined last year and TOP and Postie did this year. 3 for 3?

I wouldn't mind that trio tbf, would see BMTH and Stormzy. Although as said, Stormzy looking unlikely now.

Edited by TheWaters

6 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Kendrick and Panic co-headlined last year and TOP and Postie did this year. 3 for 3?

See, I'd always considered Panic a co-headliner with Kendrick, but Melvin Benn stated in his TPD interview that Panic wasn't a co-headliner, rather they'd just been given headline status? Not quite sure what he means by that to be honest. Makes me wonder if Panic were an outright headliner, as was Kendrick? I think that's what he was trying to say anyway. 

Stormzy isn't my cup of tea personally, but would definitely see Bring Me, the secret set last year was fantastic. As for LG, would more than likely find myself at The Pit/The Lock Up if someone I liked was on (Rise Against would be insane), but if there was no one else on taking my fancy, a bit of 'Supersonic' to see off Leeds Festival on a Sunday night wouldn't be the worst, I just think the boys voice is gone now.

Edited by Pottsy2913

2 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

See, I'd always considered Panic a co-headliner with Kendrick, but Melvin Benn stated in his TPD interview that Panic wasn't a co-headliner, rather they'd just been given headline status? Not quite sure what he means by that to be honest. Makes me wonder if Panic were an outright headliner, as was Kendrick? I think that's what he was trying to say anyway. 

Nah he was trying to say Kendrick is the real headliner, Panic were just a glorified sub who had it in the deal to be billed as co-headliners.

They did sell out an arena tour pretty much instantly so could see them doing a big outdoor headline show soon for sure.

Bit of an odd one, but are Rise Against a possibility, or is Download a more likely destination? Haven't played Reading/Leeds since 2011(?) I believe, and with a new album confirmed to be on the way, a headline slot on The Pit/The Lock Up against LG or Stormzy could work quite nicely?

They've announced festival dates for June/July next year, so holding out hope!

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They did sell out an arena tour pretty much instantly so could see them doing a big outdoor headline show soon for sure.

Yeah, good point, didn't even think of them doing a one off outdoor headline show to be honest, would be nice to see!