Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

guys don’t shoot the messenger but i have a 100% guarantee from a source i have at FR that the headliners are catfish, travis scott and fall out boy 

Surely not. 

As everyone else has said, Hella Mega Tour.

Edited by TKOCF

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

As much as I'd love to argue against The Strokes, they're the only band who sold out their APE day last year without mass giveaways weren't they? They're clearly still a draw.

Catfish sure as hell aren't headlining this if they're doing Neighbourhood.

I am so conflicted on this. They did sell out APE but hadn't played the UK for 4 years. They maintain their headline status through scarcity instead of consistency. If the Voidz aren't touring I reckon Reading it is, if the festival even wants them? They did early european fests this year so late fests in europe i.e. Reading would make sense. If the Voidz are touring I reckon they will do Glastonbury or something

52 minutes ago, gfa said:

I am so conflicted on this. They did sell out APE but hadn't played the UK for 4 years. They maintain their headline status through scarcity instead of consistency. If the Voidz aren't touring I reckon Reading it is, if the festival even wants them? They did early european fests this year so late fests in europe i.e. Reading would make sense. If the Voidz are touring I reckon they will do Glastonbury or something

You're overthinking it. The Strokes are a decent ticket seller and if indie is still at Reading and Leeds then The Strokes are welcome. They will play wherever in the world as long as they are free and the money is good - there is no pattern to be looked at regarding The Strokes summer plans (they played start, end and middle of summer in Europe this year btw) and certainly not The Voidz.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

I mentioned a while back that Bring Me The Horizon will be one of the headliners but ill mention it again anyway. BMTH are 110% one of the headliners, The rest i dont have a clue but trust me ive got this from a very good source at Leeds last year that its them. So there you go your First R & L 2020 headliner is BMTH and im personally delighted its them! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You're overthinking it. The Strokes are a decent ticket seller and if indie is still at Reading and Leeds then The Strokes are welcome. They will play wherever in the world as long as they are free and the money is good - there is no pattern to be looked at regarding The Strokes summer plans (they played start, end and middle of summer in Europe this year btw) and certainly not The Voidz.

Yeah probably

38 minutes ago, Samjones said:

The first announcement last year was the 21st of November, could we expect and announcement on Monday?

Usually we get a an announcement of the announcement either the Friday/Monday before so possibly could get one of those tomorrow and an announcement next week. Personally think we'll be waiting a while longer though.

2 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Does the survey not suggest they still haven’t booked the headliners yet, or is it more for them to gage how happy/disappointed we’d be with the headliners they’ve picked?

Could be either. I think it was 2018 maybe when there were rumours that the final headliner wasn't booked till about February or something? I'd hope the latter though.

28 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Could be either. I think it was 2018 maybe when there were rumours that the final headliner wasn't booked till about February or something? I'd hope the latter though.

I’m hoping it being a more refined list than usual points to that, or at least that they’re nearly there or have a few options

13 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

Is it just me that thinks Gambino is a bit out of nowhere on that survey? all the other acts  have been at least mentioned as a rumour to headline.

You're not the only one, I skimmed their twitter post and he isn't mentioned once by anyone, same for Cardi B (on twitter at least) the general consensus I've seen is MCR  

9 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

Is it just me that thinks Gambino is a bit out of nowhere on that survey? all the other acts  have been at least mentioned as a rumour to headline.

Ive got mates who work in the booking industry, they've said normally how its done, when they book acts that arent as good or big or out there as they hoped they do a quick survey to see if people are interested in seeing them. They put some names that wouldn't headline but if people vote them they'll try snap them up to make up for the lesser headlines.

For example they have Strokes, BMTH and Travis Scott only. Strokes are old hat and wont pull a crowd and BMTH and Travis Scott are both sub size at best and they know it, so they check with the fans without actually telling and then the fans will not vote say Strokes but Tyler instead and so they'll try there best to book him as an opposing headline on R1

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Ive got mates who work in the booking industry, they've said normally how its done, when they book acts that arent as good or big or out there as they hoped they do a quick survey to see if people are interested in seeing them. They put some names that wouldn't headline but if people vote them they'll try snap them up to make up for the lesser headlines.

For example they have Strokes, BMTH and Travis Scott only. Strokes are old hat and wont pull a crowd and BMTH and Travis Scott are both sub size at best and they know it, so they check with the fans without actually telling and then the fans will not vote say Strokes but Tyler instead and so they'll try there best to book him as an opposing headline on R1

As far as I'm aware, Gambino's only done Lovebox and those two O2 Arena shows since he released Awaken My Love. Not to mention he's fantastic live, I think there would be a huge demand for him at R/L

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The strokes would work as headliners next to Stormzy and Travis Scott... who are huge ticket sellers.

this would be poorly received imo, neither stormzy or travis have the icon status that the previous outright rap headliners have had. i’m 17 and i don’t know anyone who is that bothered about the strokes, feel like it’s a proper downgrade on 2019 and for me it’s weaker than 2018. would need a very strong undercard 

18 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

this would be poorly received imo, neither stormzy or travis have the icon status that the previous outright rap headliners have had. i’m 17 and i don’t know anyone who is that bothered about the strokes, feel like it’s a proper downgrade on 2019 and for me it’s weaker than 2018. would need a very strong undercard 

i’m 18 and everyone i’ve spoke to would be very very happy if the strokes were booked

• Like 1