Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I used to be on this thread ages ago, but i had to make a new account.

imo, Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy(headline) or Travis Scott(co-headline with someone) and MCR are what I'm thinking. i also think someone like the Kaizer Chiefs will headline festival republic and the Vaccines will be back third on Sunday for their sing a long hour.

Kaiser Chiefs festival republic ? I think the only chance there is of them being in R1 tent is against Travis Scott/Stormzy but even then probably an afternoon main slot.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Also, would people accept Florence and the Machine as a headliner??

I don't think many people at Reading would care for her at all.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think many people at Reading would care for her at all.

Not sure on this one. She's still very popular and I genuinely don't know too many people personally that go to R&L and don't like her haha.

Think she's go down quite well with a strong sub o co-head. The newest album is definitely a different direction but she's got enough of a back catalogue to pull it off I reckon.

31 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

100%! Would absolutely love that and she definitely deserves it. I think someone mentioned she's taking a break or something a while back in this thread though.

Nah, not for me, although its just a subjective thing. I'd love Lana Del Rey for instance, despite the fact she's probably even less suited

23 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

FRI - Stormzy, Tyler the Creator, J Hus// R1- Idles

SAT - Biffy Clyro, Vampire Weekend, Nothing But Thieves// R1 - Lizzo

SUN - Travis Scott/BMTH, Skepta, Architects// R1 - Bombay Bicycle Club

I would personally be v happy with this overall, but don't see Biffy headlining - are Foals or Strokes more likely?

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Not sure on this one. She's still very popular and I genuinely don't know too many people personally that go to R&L and don't like her haha.

Think she's go down quite well with a strong sub o co-head. The newest album is definitely a different direction but she's got enough of a back catalogue to pull it off I reckon.

Nobody dislikes her really but she is hardly going to sell tickets to the Reading crowd lets be honest, not nearly as well as say Catfish and the Bottleman even - let alone more established 'default' Reading headliners say Kasabian

1 hour ago, loopy01 said:

Liam Gallagher//Travis Scott//MCR

would also love to see Gerry Cinnamon, Vistas and Sea Girls on the main stage too. 

That would be acceptable to me. Wolf Alice 3rd on Gallagher day, someone decent under Scott or Blink 182 maybe and it would be a decent end to every night for me