2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Good shout, forgot that was coming.

New Macca album out today. On my listening plans for the morning along with the new Tunng and Maribou State. Going to try and catch up with the Vaccines album as well, still haven't listened to that.

I've got Eminem downloaded, but find absolutely no urge to listen to it...

I really like the Vaccines latest one, music for sunny, happy days. By coincidence i am right now, just 2 tracks in to Maribou State. Not heard of them before today but was near the top of “new releases” on Spotify. Not bad, might grow on me.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I feel like I'm missing something with IDLES, maybe I just need to sit down and listen through ti their stuff more but they just seem a bit bland to me? Everyone seems to be loving them, but I just can't get into it...

Bland?? Blasphemy.

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I feel like I'm missing something with IDLES, maybe I just need to sit down and listen through ti their stuff more but they just seem a bit bland to me? Everyone seems to be loving them, but I just can't get into it...

Stop liking different things and having an opinion you heretic!

I think that for me it's that combination of something to say, a message that seems to resonate with me, and a delivery and an energy that ties it together. 

• Like 1

Not sure I've seen it mentioned on here but I really like Anna Calvi's new album. The new Spritualized album is good too, not on the same level as their classic but a very nice listen nonetheless. Between those two, Idles, Big Red Machine and Mogwai there's been some really good albums out the last couple of weeks. 

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure I've seen it mentioned on here but I really like Anna Calvi's new album. The new Spritualized album is good too, not on the same level as their classic but a very nice listen nonetheless. Between those two, Idles, Big Red Machine and Mogwai there's been some really good albums out the last couple of weeks. 

I made a decision a few years back that I really don't need another Spiritualized album in my life, Lazer Guided Melodies and Ladies and Gents are enough. I mean, I bought a couple more but never listen to them, and realistically they're never going to scale those early heights again.

Forgot there was a new Anna Calvi album, will give that a go, thanks.

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

The new Spritualized album is good too, not on the same level as their classic but a very nice listen nonetheless.

If that's your only point of reference for Spiritualized and you're enjoying them then you could do worse than getting your lugs around the intervening material. They're pretty consistent.