Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

11 hours ago, Miyn said:

That's really good. If I lived in Edinburgh I'd be all over this. Sunday looks particularly good. Interested in The National, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club and Black Country New Road. And clashes depending I'd check out Simz and Self Esteem potentially.

For some reason I can't drum up much interest from my mates but even if I'm on my own that Sunday is worth a day ticket at least.

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For me its pretty ho hum.  As someone who went to the original Connect up at Inveraray Castle I was looking forward to the line up, but - a few acts aside - I'm struggling to muster up much enthusiasm for it.

Hmmm, given how starved Edinburgh is for decent gigs I really don't think you can knock it. Yes there is nothing that is particularly novel but there are lots to like even if you've seen em all before. I hope they can shift tickets and make it a success.

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Hmmm, given how starved Edinburgh is for decent gigs I really don't think you can knock it. Yes there is nothing that is particularly novel but there are lots to like even if you've seen em all before. I hope they can shift tickets and make it a success.

Definitely.  

I may try to pick up a day ticket closer to the time.

45 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Daft question but have Stereophonics been ruled out of the sub pool?

If they're willing to take a support slot at BST then can't seem the turning their noses up at one for Glastonbury...

NME interview the other day said they haven't had a call, so out of it for this year, though wouldn't be surprised to see them do that in the future. They were subbing V Fest (before Kings of Leon twice!) about 10 years ago so I was surprised to see the talk about them only accepting headline slots a couple of years back. 

I think they'd be a good Other headliner too - similar to Pet Shop Boys etc. 

I know they're not fashionable but I think they've got better and better as a live act over the years - I really like some of the later tracks, as in the past few years, not necessarily the ones that came after the first couple of albums. I'm seeing them in Manchester next month and really looking forward to it. 

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Daft question but have Stereophonics been ruled out of the sub pool?

If they're willing to take a support slot at BST then can't seem the turning their noses up at one for Glastonbury...

I don’t think it’s so much them being willing to sub and more Glastonbury not wanting them to sub. I realise they’re still weirdly popular, but that would be a crap booking.