Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like the Elton tickets went in double quick time. What has irked me is that he added a couple of extra dates and now what is currently his last ever gig is now in London on my birthday.

Damn you Reg!

Pretty sure it won’t be his last ever gig - maybe the last gig of the last tour, but he’s said he’ll still play live, just not big tours.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There were only a few very expensive tickets left for London last time I checked.

Keep checking the AXS site. They've already added a few extra dates today and I wouldn't be surprised if they added more.

Edited by doogie

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't tell anybody, but I secretly listen to Azealia Banks not infrequently. I think she's actually really good. Wouldn't dream of going to see her though, terrible person. Pirated her music and all.

We all do.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like the Elton tickets went in double quick time. What has irked me is that he added a couple of extra dates and now what is currently his last ever gig is now in London on my birthday.

Damn you Reg!

The initial announcement said the shows would go into 2021 so it won’t be his last ever show whichever way.

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did it? Must have missed that, thought he was stopping after 2020.

Longest farewell tour ever.

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah I thought it was a 3 year tour. '18, '19, '20

"Kicking off in the U.S. on September 8, 2018, the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour will consist of more than 300 shows across five continents, hitting North America, Europe and the Middle East, Asia, South America and Australasia before reaching its conclusion in 2021."

-From the official announcement.

Interpol were stunning again tonight. They're just so fucking tight and it never seems like any of them are even trying (in a good way). Stick them headlining John Peel up against Stormzy or Paul McCartney next June please.

Thought Nilufer Yanya was pretty decent, but she's seriously lacking any stage presence. Will hopefully come with time.

No disco ball, no NY.

20181116_214256.jpg

51 minutes ago, sisco said:

He’ll play to a packed out JP crowd.  I have no doubts about that

Got him down for Other but I'm sure he'll get a decent crowd wherever. I still maintain there won't be enough Gerry Cinnamon fans on the farm to take over the festival with Gerry Cinnamon chants.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Interpol were stunning again tonight. They're just so fucking tight and it never seems like any of them are even trying (in a good way). Stick them headlining John Peel up against Stormzy or Paul McCartney next June please.

Thought Nilufer Yanya was pretty decent, but she's seriously lacking any stage presence. Will hopefully come with time.

No disco ball, no NY.

20181116_214256.jpg

When I saw them in 2011 it seemed like that in a very bad way. Saw a lot of people saying they were in a bad place around then, though.

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

When I saw them in 2011 it seemed like that in a very bad way. Saw a lot of people saying they were in a bad place around then, though.

Yeah one of the members left in 2010, and that album they were touring flopped big time as well I think. Think there was a lot of uncertainty about their future at that point. Give them another go if the opportunity arises at a festival or whatever; I've seen them the last few times they've been in Manchester and they've all been genuinely amazing.

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

I echo the Interpol sentiments above. I didn't have a great spot but I rocked up as they came on so thats on me. How big are they? None if my friends like them so I don't have any reference.

I don't have any mates who listen to Interpol either actually, we've gotta push them harder. They sold that gig out last night almost immediately I think, and obv it was on the back of two nights at the Royal Albert Hall, so they're pretty big. Quite a few of us on here have touted them as JP headliners, so I think that is probably about bang on. But then again, looking at the 2017 JP headliners (Annie Mac, Phoenix, Metronomy), I'd say Interpol are bigger than the lot, in the UK at least. 

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

Yeah one of the members left in 2010, and that album they were touring flopped big time as well I think. Think there was a lot of uncertainty about their future at that point. Give them another go if the opportunity arises at a festival or whatever; I've seen them the last few times they've been in Manchester and they've all been genuinely amazing.

I don't have any mates who listen to Interpol either actually, we've gotta push them harder. They sold that gig out last night almost immediately I think, and obv it was on the back of two nights at the Royal Albert Hall, so they're pretty big. Quite a few of us on here have touted them as JP headliners, so I think that is probably about bang on. But then again, looking at the 2017 JP headliners (Annie Mac, Phoenix, Metronomy), I'd say Interpol are bigger than the lot, in the UK at least. 

Sigur Rós the year before tho.