Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

11 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Just went on Priority presale to get a pair of tickets. £98.75 for 2 on the balcony. I checked what I paid when they went on sale last May and it was £56.57. She didn't even sell it out before the cancellation. I'm saying no today and seeing how I feel nearer the time.

Jesus, yeah that is a lot higher than I expected, I would have thought it would be closer to 30 per ticket than 50

15 hours ago, gfa said:

That friday is a shocker

Decent undercard for a US fest

Saturday is only day worth it, Green Day tool the money and another festival a fatcry from itself. Also, it's not the US

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Montreal is in Canada so theres that.

oh hey. Who wants to come over to an 1800 cap gig 

image0.jpeg

Why do you get feeling this is to try and make out that Blur who aren't big in the US are playing a small venue.

15 hours ago, Drinky said:

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.7d9ac3fae29af685e5b59413c28a8621.jpeg

More US action

Hippo Campus would be good

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

I agree that it's a reasonable undercard but the Canadian city of Montreal's in America now?

My bad

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

Quite something given that U2 and REM became very friendly, to the point a supergroup of the two played at Bill Clinton's inauguration in 1993.

REM were hardly known in the UK at the time (hence the bottles), although I was there as one of their tiny band of devotees.  They were specifically requested by U2, so this may have been the start of the bands' friendship.

22 hours ago, The Nal said:

959df11f-5303-428f-8265-58b76d3d20f7.jpeg

🙃

dreamlandtoday.jpg

Is there even enough people in Athy to fill that place? Remember seeing it when stayed there a few years ago, The Frames played in a circus tent at Ballintubbert House. That was a brilliant night.

6 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Is there even enough people in Athy to fill that place? Remember seeing it when stayed there a few years ago, The Frames played in a circus tent at Ballintubbert House. That was a brilliant night.

No idea Ive never been to Athy. "Hometown" gig for JM so I guess itll sell well.

9 hours ago, JonnyG said:

REM were hardly known in the UK at the time (hence the bottles), although I was there as one of their tiny band of devotees.  They were specifically requested by U2, so this may have been the start of the bands' friendship.

There seems to have been a lot of mistreating support acts at that time tbf. Some of Depeche Mode's said they got rough treatment from fans, with one in 1993 saying they even walked from the tour as they hated the experience that much.

I read Bono's book recently and he was very glowing of REM while hanging out with them backstage at Milton Keynes Bowl, though it gave the impression they just happened to be booked together rather than it being a specific request by U2 themselves.