Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

27 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Fear Factory and Pantera clash that would be a shame.

is that Busted!!! they are going to get "busted" surely.

I think there is a generational divide between how people react to Busted, Millennials and up remember them when they came out and seeing them as a boyband with guitars that cashed in on the new resurgence of "punk" or "alt" music that was huge at the time and thought they were garbage. Whereas anyone younger probably saw them as a gateway to that side of music and lumps them in with them. So they can play festivals like Slam Dunk and Download now with little to no backlash or even irony.

1 minute ago, 1986 said:

I think there is a generational divide between how people react to Busted, Millennials and up remember them when they came out and seeing them as a boyband with guitars that cashed in on the new resurgence of "punk" or "alt" music that was huge at the time and thought they were garbage. Whereas anyone younger probably saw them as a gateway to that side of music and lumps them in with them. So they can play festivals like Slam Dunk and Download now with little to no backlash or even irony.

ahh that is rather heartwarming.  I'm glad that the youngsters are taking them at face value.

19 hours ago, -TLR- said:

my wife just messaged me to ask "do you want to see Damian Marley at crystal palace".

i had no idea he was playing any london shows...

Damian Marley with Steel Pulse and Channel One Sound - f**k yeah!

but £60....  f**k... maybe....

i must admit it would be freakin' cool to see him on the same(ish) stage his dad played 44 years ago...

Quite a lot of this years Crystal Palace gigs ended up on seat filling sites. I've not bought for The National for that very reason. Good chance of that or cheaper on Twickets near the time I'd reckon.

45 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Exactly this. I view Busted, Fall out Boy, McFly etc as try-hard, faux-punk nonsense but have a soft spot for Green Day and Blink 182 🤷‍♀️

20 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Exactly this. I view Busted, Fall out Boy, McFly etc as try-hard, faux-punk nonsense but have a soft spot for Green Day and Blink 182 🤷‍♀️

Whatever you think of them I'd put FOB with Green Day and Blink, as much as they owe to those bands they still worked their way up and had catalogue of gradually more successful albums and tours before getting big . Busted and McFly just seemed to show up on TV out of nowhere.

Unless I'm wrong and someone's now gonna tell me Busted and McFly treaded the boards of all the British dive venues before that song about f**king their teacher shot them to the stars.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Whatever you think of them I'd put FOB with Green Day and Blink, as much as they owe to those bands they still worked their way up and had catalogue of gradually more successful albums and tours before getting big . Busted and McFly just seemed to show up on TV out of nowhere.

Unless I'm wrong and someone's now gonna tell me Busted and McFly treaded the boards of all the British dive venues before that song about f**king their teacher shot them to the stars.

I know, I actually made a documentary* about them. I just think they SUCK 🤣

*which was also trash, ngl

Edited by ilovelanegan
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

I know, I actually made a documentary* about them. I just think they SUCK 🤣

*which was also trash, ngl

Making docs for sh*t bands still sounds better than my job 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1986 said:

Well it says McFly were already playing arena gigs within a year and a half of forming, so they certainly did get on quite the fast train to the top.

What's curious from reading Wikipedia is that both bands recruited members by putting classified ads in the back of NME. A strategy that might be tricky to replicate now with NME being online only.

4 hours ago, 1986 said:

Also, that's how they got their break?

Makes it sound almost like a British version of Van Halen's Hot for Teacher.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

No no no. Has to be something good.

you missed the one youre all wishing pops up in June but havent got a prayer

IMG_5124.jpeg

She's barely played any concerts in the 21st Century according to her setlist.fm profile. One step at a time before getting any signs of venturing to our little rainy island.

9 hours ago, paulshane said:

not sure if this has been posted, and its probably 0% on being at glasto, but holy f**k:

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/527329/body-count-ft-ice-t-tickets

i got thrown out of Essential Festival in Brighton sometime in the nineties because the nice security man deemed that i crowd surfed too many times during Body Count's set.

unfortunately, for him 😀, he for some reason threw me out into the backstage compound where i promptly bumped into Jeremy Leveller wandering around who got me back into the festival.

good times!

(also, and i may or may not have imagined this, but my memory is that the next day we were in one of the arcades by the seafront playing a tank game where you sit in a chair and go round shooting each other in tanks... and i looked around and who should be standing there behind watching but Ice-T!...  i'm 99.9% sure that happened... but i did do a hell of a lot of drugs in the nineties...)

10 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I’ve seen these seat filling sites referenced a lot lately. Are they just ticket resale sites or a separate entity that sell off empty seats on the cheap?

Look on the spare gig tickets seatfillers thread 🙂 

• Thanks 1