Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

See, I actually like this lineup. Nice and varied. Looks like the youngsters don't agree with me though. They're tearing it to shreds

I agree - looked at getting a Saturday day ticket for Bleachers, Last Dinner Party and Fontaines… almost £200 on Ticketmaster!

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

So The Prodigy are going to clash with Blink 182. LDR having to have that top line too haha. 

It's a very odd lineup

Prodigy finish on the other main stage before Blink start. They are the only reason I’m volunteering there this year.

13 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Is this a really disappointing line up for your average 16 to 18 year old?

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

So The Prodigy are going to clash with Blink 182. LDR having to have that top line too haha. 

It's a very odd lineup

I don't think Prodigy and Blink are actually clashing

Its a standard Reading lineup

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

See, I actually like this lineup. Nice and varied. Looks like the youngsters don't agree with me though. They're tearing it to shreds

I think its excellent (22). Our lot either refuse to go back to Reading as they think they are past it (valid) or already have other stuff booked

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I agree - looked at getting a Saturday day ticket for Bleachers, Last Dinner Party and Fontaines… almost £200 on Ticketmaster!

Look a week before and it will be way lower.

They've decided to hike day tickets by over 50% for some reason

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think its excellent (22). Our lot either refuse to go back to Reading as they think they are past it (valid) or already have other stuff booked

It really has turned into a post-GCSE and A-Level results weekender and with respect, a lot of that demographic won't have the broadest musical taste. That's what the festival gets for pitching itself towards that group for the past decade or so. I still think it'll sell pretty well and some of those acts might bump the average age bracket up a notch or two.

For me, it's a slight shift back to the variety of the lineups in RnL's golden age. Not anywhere near as strong (this year is really padded out with DJs) but a fair few genres are covered. I'm tempted by a Friday ticket en route to Field Day, we'll see.

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It really has turned into a post-GCSE and A-Level results weekender and with respect, a lot of that demographic won't have the broadest musical taste. That's what the festival gets for pitching itself towards that group for the past decade or so. I still think it'll sell pretty well and some of those acts might bump the average age bracket up a notch or two.

For me, it's a slight shift back to the variety of the lineups in RnL's golden age. Not anywhere near as strong (this year is really padded out with DJs) but a fair few genres are covered. I'm tempted by a Friday ticket en route to Field Day, we'll see.

I think its very strong.

Big acts wise theres not really that many djs - Fred Again, Skrillex and Dom Dolla.

13 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Is this a really disappointing line up for your average 16 to 18 year old?

Reading has annoying habit of booking stuff I'd like to see, but spreading it thinly over the weekend so no one day is enticing enough to merit buying a day ticket.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I also cannot get on with decent sized acts only doing 45-50 minute sets on the main stages.

When each acts only playing a tiktok song who cares!

Jokes aside, new stages changeup may have sorted this

5 hours ago, gfa said:

I really rate this years lineup, the headliners announced pre Christmas convinced me and my definitely already well past it mates to make a return to Leeds this year. Not sure I'd wanna pay full price for it but at £260 in the Barclaycard pre-sale I think we've done alright.

Feels a lot more varied genre wise this year than it has been in the past few years. 

10 minutes ago, thewomble said:

I really rate this years lineup, the headliners announced pre Christmas convinced me and my definitely already well past it mates to make a return to Leeds this year. Not sure I'd wanna pay full price for it but at £260 in the Barclaycard pre-sale I think we've done alright.

Feels a lot more varied genre wise this year than it has been in the past few years. 

I'm jealous

Glasto while obviously very different for my lots taste will struggle to compete big act wise.

7 hours ago, gfa said:

I see it’s sold out now so the kids -or whoever is going - do have £200 lying around.

Dynamic pricing coming to UK festivals?

17 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I see it’s sold out now so the kids -or whoever is going - do have £200 lying around.

Dynamic pricing coming to UK festivals?

Its not dynamic pricing its just tiers which have been done by pretty much every fest bar glasto for years

Just with ridiculous pricing for the top tier!

The saturday sold out which is the day with the two acts that have mental rich fans (Lana and Fred)