Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Neil just mentioned Taylor Swift looks to be a goer in the BST thead, which would make it seven shows booked out of a likely nine - two nights apiece for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, and P!nk, plus single shows for Billy Joel, Blackpink and Taylor Swift.

That would leave... two?

Taylor Swift simply does not add up with currently announced shows and then Take That, Elton and Adele. She'd 100% have multiple shows too it just doesn't make any sense.

23 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Neil just mentioned Taylor Swift looks to be a goer in the BST thead, which would make it seven shows booked out of a likely nine - two nights apiece for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, and P!nk, plus single shows for Billy Joel, Blackpink and Taylor Swift.

That would leave... two?

Worth mentioning at this point that the BST licence is for 7 shows at 65k, and 2 shows at 50k.

So some of them are going to be smaller. No idea which though.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Worth mentioning at this point that the BST licence is for 7 shows at 65k, and 2 shows at 50k.

So some of them are going to be smaller. No idea which though.

...tempted to say Blackpink will be one of these. There's a chance Billy Joel could well have been the other - it sold far quicker than I expected.

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sam Smith

Sheffield Utilita Arena, 12 April
Dublin 3Arena, 14
London The O2, 18
London The O2, 19
Glasgow OVO Hydro, 22
Birmingham Resorts World Arena, 25
Manchester AO Arena, 24 May

Lot of room between those dates as well

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Lot of room between those dates as well

An odd one - looks like all but Manchester starts the tour, and then the latter show comes at the end of the full European run.

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Take that would do well over 65K, they are still massive with the middle aged mums who say wine o'clock

Not a middle-aged mum, but got me at wine o'clock.

They were solid fun at BBC Radio 2 down there a few years ago.

the Taylor Swift presale sign up link has extended its deadline from 5am this morning (21/10) to 5am on 27/10. Wonder if we'll be getting the dates on the 28th or maybe the Monday after.

https://uk-umg.com/vvreg/32107-926167.html?t=1665942395&uk_et_cid=AEGP_SOLUS_TAYLOR_S_PRE_ORDER_181022&uk_et_rid=1_8550566099860460

2 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

the Taylor Swift presale sign up link has extended its deadline from 5am this morning (21/10) to 5am on 27/10. Wonder if we'll be getting the dates on the 28th or maybe the Monday after.

https://uk-umg.com/vvreg/32107-926167.html?t=1665942395&uk_et_cid=AEGP_SOLUS_TAYLOR_S_PRE_ORDER_181022&uk_et_rid=1_8550566099860460

Or to push more sales during release week

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Thanks for that. Didn't think I'd go, but maybe she's not at glasto, or maybe I'm not at glasto, and maybe she does villa park. Wouldn't be able to say no.

--------------------------

QUESTION: How do people find out license conditions, like how many gigs a park or stadium is allowed to do in a summer? I'd love that info for the Villa.

Just now, Padjeq said:

QUESTION: How do people find out license conditions, like how many gigs a park or stadium is allowed to do in a summer? I'd love that info for the Villa.

It varies slightly by venue and council, as it can be controlled in different ways, but it'll either be a planning permission or a licencing application lodged with the relevant local council/authority.

It should be possible to find for Villa Park, though for a football stadium it can sometimes be obfuscated as it's not the primary use.

22 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Take that would do well over 65K, they are still massive with the middle aged mums who say wine o'clock

fair enough, felt like they were more on the edge than a lot of the other acts i guess. would be on the cheaper end as far as the ticket price too i feel

9 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Thanks for that. Didn't think I'd go, but maybe she's not at glasto, or maybe I'm not at glasto, and maybe she does villa park. Wouldn't be able to say no.

--------------------------

I feel like this is something seen as Gospel for BST and never mentioned for anywhere else

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That would leave... two?

I did see that, yes. Would've thought Swift would be big enough to get a venue with more freedom to do multiple dates if Hyde Park is coming up to the limit of what they can have given she's certainly got a stadium size fanbase over here.