Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Prodigy were incredible last night. One of the hottest shows I've ever been at

Be wary if you're going near the front though as I would hazard a guess that about 20 people had their phone stolen last night, myself included. At the end of the show there were phone cases all over the floor and calling any of the phones it went straight to the message that it was turned off

Going to see them tomorrow night, can’t wait. 

Sorry to hear about your phone - I know from previous tours that this a big problem at Prodigy shows. Seems like a gang follows them on tour and does this. I was actually searching Twitter to see if it was still happening so good to have the heads up. 

Can I ask where you stored your phone? Trying to think of an outfit 

28 minutes ago, sisco said:

Funny you can still buy tickets to MTS for her 1 brixton gig! 

I like MTS but she’s a strange one. Everybody knows who she is but I feel like her celebrity/name totally eclipses her actual music output. Other than Savage which was largely helped by Beyoncé jumping on the remix, and W.A.P. which isn’t even her song, she doesn’t really have many big name songs, at least not here in the U.K., and her album didn’t even crack the top 40. Also, maybe it being announced at such short notice after she’s already done Parklife, Glastonbury and Wireless along with also headlining Reading/Leeds just means everybody who’s already wanted to see her just got tickets for those things instead. 

38 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Ticketmaster tends to demand a huge proportion of tickets when they enable dynamic pricing.

as much as ticketmaster is the big bad, the artists are who let it happen. my respect goes out to those who use DICE etc

3 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yeah Prince charging £31 for his O2 shows so that people could come more than once feels a very long time ago...

Cause Prince didnt give a shit about the payday per say. AEG was gonna give him his due but he knew letting everyone be able to see him was more important. When he did the 30 nights in LA they were $25 a ticket and some shows on a tuesday were empty which was just a shocker. Now everyone regrets not going to see him when they had the chance. The last time he played here he announce a gig morning of for $50. It didnt sell out and he ended up doing a 3 hour set. There are def ways to do that sort of thing nowadays like ensuring you couldnt resell or transfer the ticket an such. Or just do in person sales and put all the safety measures in place so they cant be resold, like one ticket a person..

Edited by Suprefan

8 hours ago, jump said:

Prodigy were on at 9.30, I'm not sure about the support act as I got in late around 8ish and the support act was already on.

You are in for a treat, it's still a Prodigy gig and what they did for Firestarter was a really lovely tribute to Flint. It's fucking hot though, I felt cooler at a Rammstein gig with their 100s of flamethrowers.

Thanks. Yeh Briton isn't well ventilated. So sweaty after the 2 LCD gigs I saw. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't she get a decent crowd up against Macca?

Yeah I walked around the Other field while she was on and the crowd was pretty decent. Everyone seemed to be loving it, too.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't she get a decent crowd up against Macca?

Aye, she did. Think she is Other headline material, and even against Macca, festivals give you the interest to catch. She will get a decent crowd at R+L because, well, folk are already there for me.

But a struggle to snap sell-out 5,000 tickets for Brixton - and at prices that aren't ludicrously shocking? I'd be a little wary there.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah I walked around the Other field while she was on and the crowd was pretty decent. Everyone seemed to be loving it, too.

Hardly a huge booking but will probably be busier than Halsey regardless of whether halsey is a bigger ticket seller here or whatever - Dave is after so people will be in the arena. Lots of people will sack off sunday night even if the weather is good, let alone if it goes to shit. Glasto crowd shows she will be fine imo. nothing huge but the 3 MSE headliners are the best trio for about 10 years

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, she did. Think she is Other headline material, and even against Macca, festivals give you the interest to catch. She will get a decent crowd at R+L because, well, folk are already there for me.

But a struggle to snap sell-out 5,000 tickets for Brixton - and at prices that aren't ludicrously shocking? I'd be a little wary there.

It's a busy week? I think we're forgetting a lot is happening during bank holiday and people have lots of plans sorted already even a month out. But thats the thing, if they figured it would be an instant sell out then theyre not announcing this right now. They wouldve said something a week beforehand. So its smart to give people time for once to be able to see a large artist in a semi small space. If it was Rage for example, they wouldnt say a word til the day before. 

Edited by Suprefan

Lots of extremely disappointed people under there. 

I don't massively have morals when it comes to music so I'll be going to Hyde Park and enjoying it but it does seem a bit mad what Ticketmaster are doing.

Interesting that BST doesn't seem caught up in it - they're just on normal sale, but his own tour have these crazy platinum prices. Someone in his management have given the go ahead for this vs BST presumably not allowing it, so any blame of just Ticketmaster can't be right or it'd be happening for London too.

Its obviously shocking - but in terms of strategy there's clearly a sweet spot to buy tickets (either very early or much later on after demand goes down and prices start to become realistic again).  If noone buys the shitty seats at £600 there'll be loads going begging at face value in the run up to the gig.

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It's a busy week? I think we're forgetting a lot is happening during bank holiday and people have lots of plans sorted already even a month out. But thats the thing, if they figured it would be an instant sell out then theyre not announcing this right now. They wouldve said something a week beforehand. So its smart to give people time for once to be able to see a large artist in a semi small space. If it was Rage for example, they wouldnt say a word til the day before. 

That's a fair point. Hadn't quite considered that! Point cheerfully withdrawn.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:
Lots of extremely disappointed people under there. 

I don't massively have morals when it comes to music so I'll be going to Hyde Park and enjoying it but it does seem a bit mad what Ticketmaster are doing.

Interesting that BST doesn't seem caught up in it - they're just on normal sale, but his own tour have these crazy platinum prices. Someone in his management have given the go ahead for this vs BST presumably not allowing it, so any blame of just Ticketmaster can't be right or it'd be happening for London too.

Can't blame 'em, can you? It's a bloody mess.

There's apparently not Platinum tickets / dynamic pricing as a thing in Australia, so imagine the shows over there might give a better suggestion of face value.

But it seems to be far worse across the US dates than the UK shows. EU seemed to be somewhere in between.

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Can't blame 'em, can you? It's a bloody mess.

There's apparently not Platinum tickets / dynamic pricing as a thing in Australia, so imagine the shows over there might give a better suggestion of face value.

But it seems to be far worse across the US dates than the UK shows. EU seemed to be somewhere in between.

This has been clearly going on in America for a while to a huge and ridiculous extent, and it's a proper disappointment it appears to have infected our ticket buying market as well. SeeTickets don't seem to have the option to inflate it in such a way, but that might just be a limitation of their current platform.