West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

3 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

Choosing to attend a Wu-Tang set when there's other good stuff going on carries a lot of risk...it could be fantastic or they could phone it in

Idk, I feel like a lot of the US hip hop artists I've seen at the G have said that they're really happy to be there because they've heard from other artists that it's the big big leagues. Might just be me imagining things, but I feel like word has gone round in hip hop circles that it's the real deal.

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Macca/Wu Tang would be a horrific clash 

Aye, Id be canny done in with this one. Still though, its Macca for me. Seen Wu Tang and whilst Id happily see them again gonna get plenty more chances, prob not get many more for Macca. 

20 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Erykah Badu WH Friday, Wu-Tang WH Saturday, Robyn Other Sunday, shit me that could be the strongest run of headliners I've ever had, I pray it comes to pass.

If you mention Erykah Badu a third time will she appear...or Bamber?

21 hours ago, Badlands said:

Wu were terrible when I saw them rock up to Newcastle Academy with their reserves. They didn’t sound-check and subsequently the vox were awful – quite a big factor in a hip-hop gig. Enjoyed them in 2011 though.

Just been reminded that my last Wu experience was infact paying £25 for a glorified Ghostface PA earlier this year where his voice caved in half way through. From where I was stood, his DJ seemed to be on the receiving end of some fairly threatening requests to shift the wrap the show up early by his management. 

On 12/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, eFestivals said:

about 400 people when I went past, perhaps quite a lot less.

It was like that right up until the start (I was worried!) then it filled out to a good size audience due to people arriving late from watching Naz in sonic and also people deciding their position for rolling stones was too shite to continue the charade! 

53 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I had wondered if Erykah Badu was a good prospect. Suspect she might be 

She's pretty much always touring but with Feild Day this year and Primavera next year she seems to be paying more attention to Europe than usual. I think she's a strong prospect.

17 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

It was like that right up until the start (I was worried!) then it filled out to a good size audience due to people arriving late from watching Naz in sonic and also people deciding their position for rolling stones was too shite to continue the charade! 

That was my reason for going over to Public Enemy..... and what a night it was!!!

23 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Saw Orbital again last night. They're still the best. The bass was f*cking daft in o2 Apollo. 

They've got a huge video screen stage which looks fantastic.

They still rumoured? 

I went to the London show last weekend and it was the best I'd seen them! Get them back on the farm!