West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

30 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I mentioned JPT for Orbital on another thread

I think that's one of the more unlikely possibilities, as I know Orbital are exceedingly keen to play on outdoor stages (at Glasto, if not anywhere else).

Back in the late nineties they headlined Jazzworld, when they'd originally been booked to headline the other stage. They got moved to Jazzworld when the plan was to put the other stage in a tent, and they never got moved back again whn the tent plan was abandoned.

34 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Got a mental image of Janet and Roy Orbital loading up their Volvo estate car with a load of MDF to get the floor in the back room done, then they turn around to see a lone man stood there throwing out shapes to an imaginary beat like "Yes Orbitaaalllll!"

:D

It was a brilliant night but, yes, an odd venue. They’ve had some decent acts there over the past few years - gutted that the Flaming Lips played on the Saturday night of the last festival and I had to miss them. They clashed with Radiohead at Glastonbury, so I didn’t see them at The Park.

Usually though, it’s Happy Mondays/ Ocean Colour Scene style acts...stayed away from those.

D4E3F065-7A23-4643-A3A5-0E68D0DB09DB.jpeg

55 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Usually though, it’s Happy Mondays/ Ocean Colour Scene style acts...stayed away from those.

D4E3F065-7A23-4643-A3A5-0E68D0DB09DB.jpeg

I been to Hull once, and my mate called a taxi, then drunkly got into some random car he was convinced was his taxi. Then got chased around by an angry occupant of the car. Memories are hazy but we might have had to run through here to escape.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I think that's one of the more unlikely possibilities, as I know Orbital are exceedingly keen to play on outdoor stages (at Glasto, if not anywhere else).

Back in the late nineties they headlined Jazzworld, when they'd originally been booked to headline the other stage. They got moved to Jazzworld when the plan was to put the other stage in a tent, and they never got moved back again whn the tent plan was abandoned.

That’s a bit of a shame - they’d be immensely ridiculously good in the JP with the sound there 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd say they've not quite got the clout they used to have.  Obviously there's the history with the festival to take into account, but their comeback came and went a bit  

They have just released a new album which is ace and their live shows are still awesome - i've seen them 4 times in the last year or so.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I been to Hull once, and my mate called a taxi, then drunkly got into some random car he was convinced was his taxi. Then got chased around by an angry occupant of the car. Memories are hazy but we might have had to run through here to escape.

- Arctic Monkeys circa 2006

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

They have just released a new album which is ace and their live shows are still awesome - i've seen them 4 times in the last year or so.

Doesn't contradict anything I said. 6music still rinse Chime but their days as major players are a bit behind them.  They haven't maintained the way that Chemical and the lads or the Rohypnol chaps have.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doesn't contradict anything I said. 6music still rinse Chime but their days as major players are a bit behind them.  They haven't maintained the way that Chemical and the lads or the Rohypnol chaps have.

But surely Orbital's dip in popularity was pre-2010 when they still headlined the Other.