West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Which one?

Honey, sorry. A few people on here were a bit unsure of it on first listen but I’ve given it a few listens and it’s really grabbed me now. Track wise - Missing u is great and the  title track Honey is an absolute banger.

I don’t even hate beach 2k20. It’s got a lovely little melody in it but it just feels like she hasn’t actually written a full song.

Honey might topple Cocoa Sugar as my AotY yet, it's brilliant.

Don't like it when bands go announcing a second night after first one sells out tho, fuck that game. It's not hit me this time because I got no money so couldn't really consider buying a ticket for that Friday at Alexandra Palace when they went on sale. But if I did have money I'd have definitely tried to buy one, and potentially been stuck with a Friday ticket which would require a day off work, and then Saturday comes out afterward and I'd have been cross. Although equally I could've decided to do the Saturday in Berlin, and I couldn't really get cross about going to Berlin.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Honey might topple Cocoa Sugar as my AotY yet, it's brilliant.

Don't like it when bands go announcing a second night after first one sells out tho, fuck that game. It's not hit me this time because I got no money so couldn't really consider buying a ticket for that Friday at Alexandra Palace when they went on sale. But if I did have money I'd have definitely tried to buy one, and potentially been stuck with a Friday ticket which would require a day off work, and then Saturday comes out afterward and I'd have been cross. Although equally I could've decided to do the Saturday in Berlin, and I couldn't really get cross about going to Berlin.

They all do it though, annoyingly.

I’m in the same boat moneywise, but I’ll definitely be looking on twickets for a ticket nearer the time. 

I think it’s my AOTY, I’m not quite ready to commit to that fully but I can’t see anything beating it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might have remembered this wrong but I’m not sure we had any info for Saturday specifically for Hot Chip. Only that they said they would be there. I thought we’d just feared that it was a Saturday Macca clash. 

Either way though, I’ll take them any night and remain hopeful!! 

Who’s headlining WH on Saturday then @eFestivals? ????

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I might have remembered this wrong but I’m not sure we had any info for Saturday specifically for Hot Chip.

someone reliable passed me some info, that hot chip had been approached to headline west holts, and that he thought it was for saturday.

Turns out (he now says) they're definitely not Saturday, but where that leaves them for west holts I'm not now sure.

Just now, eFestivals said:

someone reliable passed me some info, that hot chip had been approached to headline west holts, and that he thought it was for saturday.

Turns out (he now says) they're definitely not Saturday, but where that leaves them for west holts I'm not now sure.

Ah ok apologies, I missed that one. That makes me more nervous then. That guy did ask Joe Goddard the other week if they were gonna be there and he said yes. But maybe negotiations fell through... ??

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Isn’t it! 

Well I need a ticket first otherwise Cut Copy into Hot Chip turns into my nightmare ?

Would quite like Cut Copy on the Glade, would they be a little too big for on there? I actually have absolutely no idea how big they are. Apart from a few of us on here, I do not actually know anyone else who likes them.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, kingbadger said:

Hot Chip now down for the Saturday night on the rumours page. Would be a nightmare personally if they clash with Macca as he'll be a must see for my missus.

Missed them in 2015 for SFA so definitely don't want to miss them out this time round! 

that would be so good if they did clash with Macca, make the crowd better.

missed the rolling stones for Public Enemy , great decision, me and 1000 scousers loving every minute