West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Janelle Monae... not a name I knew anything about & did some digging.... wasnt too sure, but the live performances look great. If she's on Friday, I could definitely be tempted.

Exactly the same. Enjoyed what I've heard so far, will be going along bar any clashes.

I don't see Glasto being in too much of a hurry to book them tbh. And I could easily see Orbital wanting to play the 50th anyway.

Considering Jon Hopkins is in The Netherlands on the Saturday and Italy on the Sunday of Glasto, i still reckon he's the most likely candidate for the Friday WH headline (putting Janelle on the Sunday)

47 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't see Glasto being in too much of a hurry to book them tbh. And I could easily see Orbital wanting to play the 50th anyway.

Considering Jon Hopkins is in The Netherlands on the Saturday and Italy on the Sunday of Glasto, i still reckon he's the most likely candidate for the Friday WH headline (putting Janelle on the Sunday)

Where did you see those Jon Hopkins dates? Can't find them anywhere.

17 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

It's Orbital's 30th anniversary this year though and they are planning lots of things to mark the occasion. I would be surprised if it didn't include Glastonbury taking into account their history with the festival. I don't agree with your quote about the festival not being in a hurry to book them, they're still an amazing live act and old electronic acts are always all over the festival.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

It's Orbital's 30th anniversary this year though and they are planning lots of things to mark the occasion. I would be surprised if it didn't include Glastonbury taking into account their history with the festival. Not sure I agree with your quote about the festival not being in a hurry to book them, they're still an amazing live act and old electronic acts are always all over the festival.

They could play a "15 years since we announced our last Glasto gig" gig.

Janelle Monae and Jain are probably 2 of my favourite gigs last year alongside NIN at the Royal Albert Hall, utterly incredible, thats why Prince's last recording was on Janelle Monae's album, she's a force of nature and anyone writing her off as 'pop' needs to do some home work, I'm slightly gutted she's only on West Holts, totally has the sass to give the Pyramid a wake up call

and having seen Orbital over 40+ times they are on fire at the moment, the most vital i think they've sounded since Middle of Nowhere miss them at your peril

On 1/11/2019 at 7:05 AM, The Nal said:

"Last time for us at Glastonbury" Other Stage 2004. 

20 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm sure they announced they were playing in 2010 too.

Nal's point is that there was so much hoopla for that 2004 appearance as the absolute last chance to see a noted Glastonbury house act - "Last time for us at Glastonbury...Let's have it!" etc...as you can hear them say on the Glastonbury 1994-2004 compilation. When they came back in 2010 it was a bit of a joke in terms of how genuine these 'last ever' pronouncements are. 

Knowing that The Nal is a massive Muse fan (and eager Radiohead thread-starter) I'm sure he missed Orbital in '04 

16 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

Nal's point is that there was so much hoopla for that 2004 appearance as the absolute last chance to see a noted Glastonbury house act - "Last time for us at Glastonbury...Let's have it!" etc...as you can hear them say on the Glastonbury 1994-2004 compilation. When they came back in 2010 it was a bit of a joke in terms of how genuine these 'last ever' pronouncements are. 

Knowing that The Nal is a massive Muse fan (and eager Radiohead thread-starter) I'm sure he missed Orbital in '04 

I had already seen Muse a few times on that tour. Dublin, Auckland, Tokyo, Manilla and then took the boat to Anchorage to see them so I got dragged along to Orbital.