2017. Best lineup for ages

bsolxiv

I get that I'm in the minority on this, but to me there's an awful lot I wouldn't mind seeing but not a lot I'm excited about seeing

It seems weak outside the top 6 , I couldn't even pick who'd be subbing the other stage from the poster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As yesterday was so damn fantastic watching the madness on Efests and as the lineup really is one of the best I have ever seen at any festival ever - with still so much more to go - I have finally upgraded to GOLD membership.

Thanks @eFestivals for the hard work you put in so mad fools like me can enjoy the daily rollacoaster ride

I wouldn't know if it was better than the last few years, as I last went in 2014 - so can't recall the last few lineups.

2014 was possibly better, for my taste. Still a lot to be announced, and plenty to be happy about so far. Lots of Radio 1 type acts though haha

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Nearly 1,000 posts in and you think there's something that "we can all agree".

I admire your optimism!

Optimism ummmmmmmm 

Either I'm getting old or all the bands that I know are gigging elsewhere cos apart from a few on the list I can't see any bands I KNOW..... 

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Optimism ummmmmmmm 

Either I'm getting old or all the bands that I know are gigging elsewhere cos apart from a few on the list I can't see any bands I KNOW..... 

I'm with you there Guy, the only reason I know of most of them is through efests! Without picking up listening tips from here I'd be lost :lol:

Every year there's more and more that I've never listened to or heard of, but that probably says more about me than the festival. Not a great deal blowing me away on the poster so far, but more than enough for it to be worth my while. I'd still wanna go if the lineup was half as good as it is anyway..

11 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I prefer this to be honest

Yeh, that SOAD/Massive Attack combo...jesus christ. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. But I'm still hopeful that the other gooduns which didn't make it to the actual poster (Bonobo, manics, crystal fighters, fatboy slim, soulwax) will still make it! Wishful thinking?

13 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Every year there's more and more that I've never listened to or heard of, but that probably says more about me than the festival. Not a great deal blowing me away on the poster so far, but more than enough for it to be worth my while. I'd still wanna go if the lineup was half as good as it is anyway..

Last year there were only about 7 maybe 8 bands on the first poster that I'd heard of and were excited about, and I didn't actually end up seeing any of them! Haha! Needless to say, I still had an awesome time :-D This year there are more...and I attribute a lot of that to these boards filling me in on who I should be listening to :) Although maybe I won't be so happy about that when clash analysis time comes round!

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm with you there Guy, the only reason I know of most of them is through efests! Without picking up listening tips from here I'd be lost :lol:

Yea I think I'm going to have to spend a few days listening to some stuff.. 

What I usually do....... And this is true.......... Is when the full line up is out I will print off an A to Z and then I listen to every band on said list.. They only get 3 tunes and I only listen to bit of it unless I like it.........  and then I mark them out of 5.. 

Very rarely does a band get a 5 but if they get say 4 then they go to the must see if can list.. Obviously rapcrap, grim and the like don't even get a look in lol

The funny thing is I've done this for years and years and it does really help cos we can look through the programme and clash finder and go.. Ah look that band has 2 points BUT that band that is on at the same time has 4..ok well go with the 4 and get pissed doing it lol. 

I may take this Glastonbury thing a bit far me thinks.. Good way of finding new stuff tho lol

8 hours ago, not worthy said:

No Alarms and No Surprises

Splendid.

This viewpoint might be shared with a few others on here: After the announcement of RH, I wouldn't have given a fuck if the next announcements were Daphne & Celeste and Owl City. I've firmly thought that anything else will be just a bonus - but I am incredibly impressed with the 'first' poster announcements. It's the best I can remember in the relatively short time I've been going. 

I'm so happy Alt-J can't clash with RH, but I am dreading what other clashes might arise. I've been so so lucky in the past, so I think the Glasto God's are going to batter me in one go! 

Happy poster day everyone. Better than bastard Christmas ayit.

Edited by Stokesy10
I forgot a word which would have rendered my post pointless. Sorry Internet.

Been at work all day then went to the pub straight after so haven't had the chance to fully take it all in. From what I've read so far there are some great surprises on there and about 10 acts that I really want to see.

What I really like is that we were wrong with most of our predictions. I don't think anyone on here guessed Katy Perry over Gaga and it's great that they can still hide so much from us. 

Edited by BlackHole2006

From my own point of view I'd have loved Kraftwerk and Pixies, but based on what Neil had said, wasn't expecting them. There are quite a few names on the list I'm not overly familiar with, but guess what? I used to be a Glastonbury regular, but this is my first one for 18 years and I'm so happy to be going back. I've seen just about everyone live I'd have liked to, often multiple times, and am happy to get to see new acts. This'll be my son's first Glastonbury and he's looking forward to some of the Grime stuff and I'm glad there's acts there for him, as that's what it's all about. And the fact that it's a 'Radiohead' Glastonbury makes it a de facto special one for me. :D

9 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Last year there were only about 7 maybe 8 bands on the first poster that I'd heard of and were excited about, and I didn't actually end up seeing any of them! Haha! Needless to say, I still had an awesome time :-D This year there are more...and I attribute a lot of that to these boards filling me in on who I should be listening to :) Although maybe I won't be so happy about that when clash analysis time comes round!

Of the lineup so far there are 11 I've seen before, I'd say five I would t want to miss, and a couple of dozen I'd see if I get around to but wouldn't make proper plans for.. probably will have a go through whatever Spotify lists people make cos it does seem fewer and further between me discovering new bands. I'm not even going!

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

From my own point of view I'd have loved Kraftwerk and Pixies, but based on what Neil had said, wasn't expecting them. There are quite a few names on the list I'm not overly familiar with, but guess what? I used to be a Glastonbury regular, but this is my first one for 18 years and I'm so happy to be going back. I've seen just about everyone live I'd have liked to, often multiple times, and am happy to get to see new acts. This'll be my son's first Glastonbury and he's looking forward to some of the Grime stuff and I'm glad there's acts there for him, as that's what it's all about. And the fact that it's a 'Radiohead' Glastonbury makes it a de facto special one for me. :D

How exciting, the site has changed so much since you last went, I had a 7 year break and I felt a bit like a newbie when I went back in 2015, it was brilliant, wishing you a wonderful festival. 
Charm x

9 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

I'd go see:

London Grammar 

Lorde

Craig David

Katy Perry

Foos

Ed

Goldfrapp

Circa Waves

Rag and Bone Man

Sasha 

Radiohead

Annie Mac

so far off that poster

This is why Glastonbury is so great, off your list I'm mostly not fussed with the exception of lorde but I have a list a similar length of people I'm buzzing for. So many people can have a completely different festival but enjoy it on equal terms 

8 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Splendid.

This viewpoint might be shared with a few others on here: After the announcement of RH, I wouldn't have given a fuck if the next announcements were Daphne & Celeste and Owl City. I've firmly thought that anything else will be just a bonus - but I am incredibly impressed with the 'first' poster announcements. It's the best I can remember in the relatively short time I've been going. 

I'm so happy Alt-J can't clash with RH, but I am dreading what other clashes might arise. I've been so so lucky in the past, so I think the Glasto God's are going to batter me in one go! 

Happy poster day everyone. Better than bastard Christmas ayit.

I agree with you completely, I realise now that my post made it sound like I wasn't keen on the line-up. That's not the case, I do think it's really good with a lot I want to see.

I just couldn't resist crow barring a RH reference in to the thread!

I've kind of ignored RH since the Bends. I've only seen them once supporting Kingmaker in a small Birmingham venue pre Pablo Honey release.

From all the RH excitement on here I've now bought all the albums and am now really keen to see them.

We're now in the next round of pre Glastonbury anticipation.....the stage splits/times and other announcements of additional acts

Happy Christmas Stokesy10

As a passionate believer in not wasting time seeing a band just because 'I quite like that one song on the radio', I only tend to choose about 5 bands I HAVE to see, then spend the rest wandering around and surprising myself.

On that basis, there's not a lot on that poster I will definitely see: British Sea Power, Future Islands (hopefully not on the Other Stage this time!) and FJM.

But with the Manics almost confirmed, I've nearly got my fill!

It's a strong line-up for sure size-wise.

1 hour ago, fat_man_joe said:

As a passionate believer in not wasting time seeing a band just because 'I quite like that one song on the radio', I only tend to choose about 5 bands I HAVE to see, then spend the rest wandering around and surprising myself.

On that basis, there's not a lot on that poster I will definitely see: British Sea Power, Future Islands (hopefully not on the Other Stage this time!) and FJM.

But with the Manics almost confirmed, I've nearly got my fill!

It's a strong line-up for sure size-wise.

How the fuck have I only just seen this? It's been a busy few days but oh my word. Just seen the announcement about them playing in Bristol.

This line up is already incredible - this would be incredible for me. PLEASE!