2017. Best lineup for ages

bsolxiv

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

It's good... I wouldn't put it in best for ages - I'm still fuming at no ATCQ, for me that would have put it up there with the rest. I also think 2015, personally for me, was a lot better.

Cross posted with you fellow 2015 fan. Now that was a year!

Also reeling from the lack of ATCQ.

There's less of a 'wow' factor for me this year (though part of that is down to me already having a ticket to Can, that'd be a big one otherwise).

objectively, though, it's fantastic. It's such a wide selection; a great balance between new and old, and mainstream and alternative. 

Definitely a good line-up for me.

Biffy, Courteeners (don't stone me for it), Katy Perry (curiousity, and she's got a cracking stage presence :P), Phoenix, Goldfrapp, Wild Beasts, Craig David, Circa Waves and Temples on there which catch my eye.

Will possibly hit Foos and Radiohead if there's nothing which catches my eye.

1 minute ago, CHRLY said:

There's less of a 'wow' factor for me this year (though part of that is down to me already having a ticket to Can, that'd be a big one otherwise).

I think this is it - needed someone unexpected like Bjork to lift it into the realms of unparalleled for me. Though I recognise this was met for most with the National being listed.

1 minute ago, OBface said:

I think this is it - needed someone unexpected like Bjork to lift it into the realms of unparalleled for me. Though I recognise this was met for most with the National being listed.

Yup, pretty much. That and the fact I've known for months that Radiohead are there. The lineup is fantastic for me, there just wasn't that initial excitement I felt last year from Sigur Rós and LCD being on the poster.

23 minutes ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

For me it's one of the worst line ups. To Urban, Grimey and Pop heavy for me. Don't get me wrong there are some corkers on there but overall not to my tastes. Disappointed but as a good friend of mine has pointed out, once we get a couple of Brothers Ciders and are ready to get down I'm sure we will find something to tantalise our musical taste buds. 

I agree with this. Holding out hope for more indie/rock/dance acts

1 minute ago, CHRLY said:

Yup, pretty much. That and the fact I've known for months that Radiohead are there. The lineup is fantastic for me, there just wasn't that initial excitement I felt last year from Sigur Rós and LCD being on the poster.

Yep definitely an issue with all the good information we get on here tainting the excitement somewhat. Though I;m not sure what could ever beat LCD last year. Lesson then is stay away from this site in future (never going to happen :) )

1 hour ago, bsolxiv said:

I think we can all agree?

Not for me...yet. I tend not to get to carried away with the initial announcement, as the festival likes to cover all bases with the first poster. But then there's never been a perfect Glastonbury lineup for my taste. Not one that I've been to anyway. Doesn't mean I haven't had the best time, and this year will be no different. There's only one absolute must-see on there at the moment and eight will-probably-sees. A lot of the strongly rumoured acts like Pond, King Gizzard, Fatboy Slim, Cabbage and The Coral will fill some gaps over the next few weeks. Then there'll be the naughty corner and Arcadia stuff which rounds it all off nicely

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Only amongst people who've never seen The National live before.

Yeah I get this. Noticed that many on here with music taste I like and respect are excited at them being announced. Very tempted to dive in but then I run the risk of another horrific clash. What to do?!

My 2 favourite bands-arcade fire and Radiohead. The year arcade fire were announced there was nothing else I wanted to see. When Radiohead were announced I was worried it may be the same. But I am blown away. If I get one must see pyramid headliner plus a few great others, I can't ask for any more.