2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, JoeyT said:

On a scale of combined headliner strength if it is indeed Stormzy, The Cure, The Strokes where does it rank?

I can't decide if it's as bad as 08 or worse? Tempted by worse.

As much as I think Stormzy is not too bad as a whole that headliner trio is the worst ive ever seen for Glasto (thats just my opinion obviously not a factual statement) By the way 2008 was awesome headline trio :D 

If its Strokes, Cure and Stormzy then its gonna be one of the weakest headlining festivals for a while. That said Ive never seen the Strokes and ill get to go wandering the other nights so im not that fussed. Might even sack The Strokes off and go see Wu Tang if they clash. 

Be interesting to see how the clashes are cause the Pyramid is likely gonna be quieter than previous years. I can see a lot of peipke choosing Wu Tang or Chemical Brothers over the Strokes tbh. 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

On a scale of combined headliner strength if it is indeed Stormzy, The Cure, The Strokes where does it rank?

I can't decide if it's as bad as 08 or worse? Tempted by worse.

Not even close imo. JayZ, The Verve are undoubtedly headline acts and the kings of leon were pretty much at their peak at the time. as I say imo no comparison.

Fucking hell. I was half expecting to come in this thread one day and for The Cure to be ruled out/replaced by somebody else’s as front runner, which I would’ve been okay with, but Macca being out is a real stinger and I’m not even THAT much of a fan.

Refuse to believe The Strokes are the ‘replacement’ though, even if Emily’s ‘a couple of blokes’ comment does leave the possibilities pretty slim...

1 minute ago, chatty said:

If its Strokes, Cure and Stormzy then its gonna be one of the weakest headlining festivals for a while.

Of any potential Macca replacements it seems like it’s not going to be on a par with recent years, but really the festival has had a golden era for headliners and got a lot of ‘impossible’ acts to headline. The ones still on the fridge door will probably never come now because the festival just can’t twist their arm into playing. What can the fest really do about it if they’ve crossed off a lot of massive names and the remaining major headliners aren’t coming?

1 minute ago, Glastocat said:

Not even close imo. JayZ, The Verve are undoubtedly headline acts and the kings of leon were pretty much at their peak at the time. as I say imo no comparison.

You know what, on second thoughts 08 definitely deserves to ranked higher. 

1 minute ago, Glastocat said:

2 of my favourite bands and one of my fave rappers... second to none headliners for me in 2008... 

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ha Jennifer was right on twitter - knew it. Gutted to miss Macca though.

It’s 100% the Strokes isn’t it. Maybe they are going to surprise us with a new album.

Although I’m 100% still keeping the Gaga dream alive ??

Too many 100 percent's there for my liking ;)