2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 hours ago, beau1 said:

I think we will have to agree to disagree. Whilst you are correct that there were pop artists mixed in, the headliners back in the 80s/early 90s suggested a more alternative booking policy than only being able to get the second tier. Did other festivals book the "1st tier" of acts instead? 

How are you defining "alternative"? Van Morrison?

Hello everyone. Been absent from the forums a bit but I feel I should be active as we are approaching ticket day.

trying to round up what everyone is thinking about acts, been going back and reading pages I’ve missed. Am I right in thinking the consensus is The Cure, Paul McCartney, Arctic Monkeys as three headliners with Kylie Minotaur Sunday legend with probably Stormzy and Liam Gallagher taking high pyramid slots?

if so, interesting selection of acts and it seems a bit “best of british”

:)

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hello everyone. Been absent from the forums a bit but I feel I should be active as we are approaching ticket day.

trying to round up what everyone is thinking about acts, been going back and reading pages I’ve missed. Am I right in thinking the consensus is The Cure, Paul McCartney, Arctic Monkeys as three headliners with Kylie Minotaur Sunday legend with probably Stormzy and Liam Gallagher taking high pyramid slots?

Brexit means Brexit, after all, apparently...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Neil's had info putting both Paul McCartney and The Cure as headliners. The third is anybody's guess, although there was a tweet by somebody placing Arctics as headlining an 'iconic festival' or some such that people have assumed is Glastonbury. That said, it would be the first time the festival had three repeat headliners, so the Arctics thing may prove to be wrong, and like you say, it all seems a bit beige if those are the three headliners (strong, but beige).

Kylie all but confirmed for the legend. Liam seemingly self confirmed himself twice now so almost certainly playing before McCartney you'd assume.

Stormzy posted something on Instagram referencing Noel G's infamous 'no rappers headlining Glastonbury' quote which has lead a lot of people to assume he may be headlining, but taking such a big risk seems very un-Glastonbury these days, and I'm assuming he's a Pyramid sub instead for now.

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Now THAT i'd love to see! :D

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Stormzy posted something on Instagram referencing Noel G's infamous 'no rappers headlining Glastonbury' quote which has lead a lot of people to assume he may be headlining, but taking such a big risk seems very un-Glastonbury these days, and I'm assuming he's a Pyramid sub instead for now.

didnn't actually refer to headlining, just Glastonbury in general. Leads me to think he might be there but not as a headliner. image.png.6285ca1a28cd04500aa22f1cf7499073.png

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My guess is the Arctic’s will be at IOW and the “iconic festival” line is a naughty bit of subterfuge.

Stormzy as #3 is my bet.

I don't think there was anything about it being a UK festival mind (or am I remembering wrong? Cba digging it up), so it could well be about Bonnaroo or elsewhere. Would be odd for them to dodge UK festivals entirely this year but maybe they're happy to do their own shows over here.

15 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

didnn't actually refer to headlining, just Glastonbury in general. Leads me to think he might be there but not as a headliner. image.png.6285ca1a28cd04500aa22f1cf7499073.png

Yeah guess people kind of assumed it was about headlining due to the nature of the quote being in regards to Jay Z headlining, and also Stormzy already played Glastonbury the previous two years so it's not like them booking him for next year would be a big deal at all, but I suppose a Pyramid sub slot is still something to shout about.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My guess is the Arctic’s will be at IOW and the “iconic festival” line is a naughty bit of subterfuge.

Stormzy as #3 is my bet.

I'm inclined to agree on the AM front. I could easily see Macca/The Cure + someone else who hasn't headlined before; Stormzy. 

I'm going with AM to headline 2020.

Just now, henry bear said:

Stormzy with Noel subbing...

Possibly. A couple of years ago I'd have laughed in the face of someone suggesting either Gallagher would support him but I could see it now. If they do both play one will definitely sub Macca, I'm still going with Liam for that slot.

Just now, rhg_99 said:

Fucking hell I'm so bored of the Gallaghers, having both of them play/sub would be dull as dishwater. Although if it meant they both fucked off and never played the festival again after that then I'd take it.

Highly doubt they'd have both of them in the same high spots in one year, so I'm just gonna assume it'll be Liam due to his new found solo success rather than Noel who has dropped off somewhat.

36 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

That Stomzy thing makes me think he will be headlining...two fingers up and all that.

Can’t see it myself after headlining Other last time. I’d go see him headline though if I get my hands on a ticket & I’m proven wrong.

Hoping Tame Impala get a high Pyramid or Other slot after seeing them at Mad Cool.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Can’t see it myself after headlining Other last time. I’d go see him headline though if I get my hands on a ticket & I’m proven wrong.

Hoping Tame Impala get a high Pyramid or Other slot after seeing them at Mad Cool.

Imagine if Tame Impala do crop up, it will be on the Other, probably opposite The Cure.

They were second on the Pyramid beneath Adele in '16 so doubt they'd get the repeat booking there.

4 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Imagine if Tame Impala do crop up, it will be on the Other, probably opposite The Cure.

They were second on the Pyramid beneath Adele in '16 so doubt they'd get the repeat booking there.

I recall reading an Interview a while back where they say they’d like to headline. Though i think this is unlikely I hope they will be there somewhere this year as they have a new album which is supposed to be out before summer.

saw them at citadel for the 1st time this year and it was quite possibly one of the best experiences I have had watching a band 

Here are said articles: 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tame-impala-chances-headlining-glastonbury-collaborating-arctic-monkeys-2358139

and

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/kevin-parker-says-hell-disappointed-tame-impala-new-album-next-summer-2358259/amp

Edited by Radi0Head

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

I missed them 2016, weren’t on my radar then, but they would benefit from their set being in the dark as the visuals in Madrid were great so Other seems more likely.

ABD0513B-6BE1-4887-A45C-74658AF9ACFF.jpeg

CD189D29-A745-4343-B9DE-DDE61A5937CE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I recall reading an Interview a while back where they say they’d like to headline. Though i think this is unlikely I hope they will be there somewhere this year as they have a new album which is supposed to be out before summer.

saw them at citadel for the 1st time this year and it was quite possibly one of the best experiences I have had watching a band 

Here are said articles: 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tame-impala-chances-headlining-glastonbury-collaborating-arctic-monkeys-2358139

and

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/kevin-parker-says-hell-disappointed-tame-impala-new-album-next-summer-2358259/amp

Their show at Manchester Arena earlier on that tour was brilliant. If they do crop up as an Other headliner though, I'd rather it be against the third headliner than Macca and The Cure. I don't see myself missing either of those if I nab tickets.

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

I missed them 2016, weren’t on my radar then, but they would benefit from their set being in the dark as the visuals in Madrid were great so Other seems more likely.

ABD0513B-6BE1-4887-A45C-74658AF9ACFF.jpeg

CD189D29-A745-4343-B9DE-DDE61A5937CE.jpeg

That does indeed look pretty fly.