2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Imagine if Tame Impala do crop up, it will be on the Other, probably opposite The Cure.

They were second on the Pyramid beneath Adele in '16 so doubt they'd get the repeat booking there.

Tame Impala vs The Cure seems a stupid clash to me. Surely a massive amount of Tame Impala fans are into The Cure.

26 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

Robert smith tweeted that the cure will be headlining 20 festivals next summer, that doesn’t sound like a G headliner

How so?

53 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

Robert smith tweeted that the cure will be headlining 20 festivals next summer, that doesn’t sound like a G headliner

Not sure on that, plenty of bands headline other festivals besides Glastonbury when they are booked. Granted 20 is a lot but I doubt it makes them less likely

14 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Looking at the current predictions we desperately need Stormzy or The 1975 headlining to save the trio. I think y'all know who my pick is.

better get yerself down to Reading or Leeds next year then

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I wouldn't even watch Stormzy tbh, I just want Glasto to be booking something fresh.

Nah I was talking about you hoping for The 1975, who are looking more likely to be at R&L than Glasto next year. I agree though that the third headliner should be a 1975/Stormzy-esque booking if the other two are The Cure and Macca.

Sticking with Lady Gaga / Fleetwood Mac / Macca for next year.

AM can do IOW and come back in 2021 when they have a new album and can be the "big" act that year.

The Cure maybe for IOW too (when did they last play? 2014?). Cant see them being a top choice for a headliner.

2020 can then be something like Elton John / Kendrick Lamar / AC/DC.

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

2019:

Arctic Monkeys

Kendrick Lamar

Madonna (Ledge: Kylie)

2020:

Fleetwood Mac

The Carters

Macca (Ledge: Elton)

Kendrick and Madonna in the same year?
Fleetwood Mac and The Carters in the same year?
ME and EE best have a slush fund they've been holding out on all these years for the cost of those four.

Part of the reason The Cure and Paul McCartney feel a plausible combination this year is - info aside - there's the impression that neither will command megabucks in terms of fees. You might get one of those pricier acts in as the third headliner.

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah I was talking about you hoping for The 1975, who are looking more likely to be at R&L than Glasto next year. I agree though that the third headliner should be a 1975/Stormzy-esque booking if the other two are The Cure and Macca.

Tbf Kendrick Lamar would be the best booking - is there a reason we seem to have all gone off the idea other than general lack of info?

15 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Sticking with Lady Gaga / Fleetwood Mac / Macca for next year.

AM can do IOW and come back in 2021 when they have a new album and can be the "big" act that year.

The Cure maybe for IOW too (when did they last play? 2014?). Cant see them being a top choice for a headliner.

2020 can then be something like Elton John / Kendrick Lamar / AC/DC.

Neil has info saying The Cure aren't doing IOW. Don't think they've ever played it anyway.

We've got into from three different directions that they're headlining Glasto, info from Neil that they're not doing IOW, confirmation from Robert Smith that they're doing around 20 festivals next year and a reply to eFests' tweet saying that Robert Smith said at their Meltdown performance this year they'll be back next June. Seems a bit weird to expect two acts we've had absolutely no info on over them - one of which has form for refusing to play Glasto due to it not paying enough money.

2 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

just don’t think that Glastonbury would be announced amongst a landslide of other festival announcements like the cure usually do 

It doesn't have to be announced amongst that, though? They've already announced two or three European festivals over the last week or so so they're clearly not announcing them in one dump. I don't see any reason why they'd care about Glasto not announcing them until the new year or something.