2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, OddSox87 said:

Still not convinced it will happen, but I noticed the odds on Paul McCartney to headline have dropped. He was around 20/1 yesterday and now sits at 5/1 to headline. Someone has lumped massive on him or somebody knows something!

I'm sure it's pretty much impossible to travel around Las Vegas on the Saturday night, most likely someone without a clue taking a wild punt to move the odds 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Oh god. This will be the first year I attempt that (albeit to Glasgow). I'm not looking forward to it one bit.... A fine balance needs to be found between totally knackering myself out so I'm sparko for the whole journey and not getting so obliterated that I'm vomiting into a bag the whole way....

Usually try to get going around 530 Monday morning, head for the M5, M6 then M74 to Glasgow and on to Ayrshire. The service stations are a joy to behold. Full of begraggled near dead festival goers, cars caked in mud if it’s been a wet one and folk sleeping in cars Usually try and kip for a few hours ,  the joys of the return to Scotland ! 

I've still not decided on my Monday Glastonbury plans yet. Have normally just got the coach back to Bristol, stayed in a hotel and gradually returned to normal life whilst wallowing in a bath, sit and have food and a pint by the river, read the Guardian reviews and the go home on Tuesday.

Since moving to Salisbury, logically I should just get the shuttle bus to castle cary and get a train from there at some point during the day....but getting back home on a Monday just feels like a hard return to normality...

5 hours ago, sime said:

Some people have no choice due to work and family commitments etc. For me, I always leave very early Monday morning, just out of choice, around 6am (I'm home in bed by 9am which I love!).

Last week I realised I've somehow had the wrong dates of the festival in my head (thought it was a week earlier). 

I can't take time off at the start of the month in my line of work so I'm going to get the earliest SEE coach back to Reading that I can.

Luckily, my manager has agreed I can work from home once I get back but it's going to be a massive struggle. I'm normally still not functioning fully on the Wednesday nevermind Monday! 

Where do people believe The Prodigy would have placed and which day? Can’t believe Keith has passed away. My mum used to play them when I was younger, never got the chance to see them and for Emily to say they were booked. Would they have headliner other and on what day, who could replace them now?

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Where do people believe The Prodigy would have placed and which day? Can’t believe Keith has passed away. My mum used to play them when I was younger, never got the chance to see them and for Emily to say they were booked. Would they have headliner other and on what day, who could replace them now?

Feels a bit soon for that discussion to be honest.

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Far too soon to discuss but they must have been one of the other stage headliners.

Tame Impala, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodgy. Fuck, what a legendary trio this news is devastating!

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Usually try to get going around 530 Monday morning, head for the M5, M6 then M74 to Glasgow and on to Ayrshire. The service stations are a joy to behold. Full of begraggled near dead festival goers, cars caked in mud if it’s been a wet one and folk sleeping in cars Usually try and kip for a few hours ,  the joys of the return to Scotland ! 

I can't quite fathom the distance yet....it's felt like the end of the earth just getting back to Sheffield in the past few years. Now I just need to commit to the night bus on the way down and get booking (I think flight works out too expensive). Do you drive though!? I hope you can at least take turns with someone willing and able!

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

I've still not decided on my Monday Glastonbury plans yet. Have normally just got the coach back to Bristol, stayed in a hotel and gradually returned to normal life whilst wallowing in a bath, sit and have food and a pint by the river, read the Guardian reviews and the go home on Tuesday.

Since moving to Salisbury, logically I should just get the shuttle bus to castle cary and get a train from there at some point during the day....but getting back home on a Monday just feels like a hard return to normality...

Definitely something to be said for the gradual transition to reality. My mate's mum lives local and she used to pick us up from Bath and West Showground on the Monday. We'd then go back to hers, shower, eat, chill in the garden and sleep before driving back to London on the Tuesday. I do miss those days!

Now I tend to go back to work Tuesday. Yes it's tough but feels like a waste of a day off to me these days.

7 hours ago, crocodiles said:

I am always surprised how many people go Sunday daytime etc . I never really understand why as look forward to it all year why would you cut it short . Even that long drive home tired and in need of a shower feels part of the experience to me 

Not Sunday day. I pack up morning load it in car then stay till I’ve had enough - depends on band but could be 8-11pm depending. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I can't quite fathom the distance yet....it's felt like the end of the earth just getting back to Sheffield in the past few years. Now I just need to commit to the night bus on the way down and get booking (I think flight works out too expensive). Do you drive though!? I hope you can at least take turns with someone willing and able!

Just drive all the way in one go, my wife doesn’t drive so it’s a long haul but getting to the main roads is half the battle. 3 days in Glastonbury town before the festival means the drive down isn’t a problem. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Jeez, I don't go back until the Thursday, and even that's pushing it.

Was working for a PR agency in 2017 and when I arrived on the doorstep of work the Tuesday morning following Glastonbury we had just received a delivery for 30 boxes of brochures, posters and flyers. All of which I had to carry upstairs to the office. A sudden and devastating return to the real world.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Now I tend to go back to work Tuesday. Yes it's tough but feels like a waste of a day off to me these days.

The waste of a day off is an added dilemma for me. I've gone from 33 days annual leave in the NHS to 25 in the MoD. 8 days less is a hard adjustment and suddenly have the Tuesday off now feels a bit like a waste. I used to to have Tuesday to Tuesday off....now looking at saving 2 days leave and trimming down to Weds to Monday.

(I am acutely aware that moaning about leave is a bit cheeky!)

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

The waste of a day off is an added dilemma for me. I've gone from 33 days annual leave in the NHS to 25 in the MoD. 8 days less is a hard adjustment and suddenly have the Tuesday off now feels a bit like a waste. I used to to have Tuesday to Tuesday off....now looking at saving 2 days leave and trimming down to Weds to Monday.

(I am acutely aware that moaning about leave is a bit cheeky!)

33 is amazing! 25 is probably quite standard isn't it? I'm freelance now so any day I take off is a day I don't get paid. Does make the decision easier!

The last couple of times we left on the monday morning or lunchtime and it's a long slog of drive back to Newcastle, 2017 we did it after a 6 hour litter picking shift and could barely keep our eyes open we had to stop a lot and get some shut eye. This time we have a 6 hour shift on the monday morning again so we are either going to grab some ZZZ's in the afternoon and drive back in the evening or we are going to stay in the crew field until the Tuesday morning after a decent nights kip. Luckily not back in work until the wednesday.