2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

33 is amazing! 25 is probably quite standard isn't it? I'm freelance now so any day I take off is a day I don't get paid. Does make the decision easier!

We get 25 but have the option to buy an extra 5.  Taking them up on that offer!

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

33 is amazing! 25 is probably quite standard isn't it? I'm freelance now so any day I take off is a day I don't get paid. Does make the decision easier!

Yeah, but the days off are all on your own terms.  Sure, you don't get paid and that is a bummer, but you don't have to worry about "allowances" or any other such nonsense.  So glad to be independent.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, but the days off are all on your own terms.  Sure, you don't get paid and that is a bummer, but you don't have to worry about "allowances" or any other such nonsense.  So glad to be independent.

Oh yeah, wasn't moaning so much as explaining why I tend not to take the Tuesday off - it's a financial decision as much as anything. I do love being freelance for the very reason you describe.

All this talk of leaving the festival on the Monday, on top of the Keith news, is bumming me out! We've not even got there yet. 

16 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

The last couple of times we left on the monday morning or lunchtime and it's a long slog of drive back to Newcastle, 2017 we did it after a 6 hour litter picking shift and could barely keep our eyes open we had to stop a lot and get some shut eye. This time we have a 6 hour shift on the monday morning again so we are either going to grab some ZZZ's in the afternoon and drive back in the evening or we are going to stay in the crew field until the Tuesday morning after a decent nights kip. Luckily not back in work until the wednesday. 

6 Hour shift for us on Monday too. Normally get away early afternoon & home around 5-6. At work 7.30 Tuesday. Its very grim but well worth it as it could be worse, we might be ticketless!!

I’ve got a 4hr drive down the coast to Sussex, so it’s a pretty decent drive in terms of traffic - I always feel for you poor buggers going 7+hrs up the country, that’s harsh. I always knock the booze on the head early doors Sunday to make it a bit easier too. It makes the coach fairly appealing: but then I do like having wellies, clean clothes etc sat in my car if they need to be deployed . . . It’s strangely beautiful having a porcelain poop at Southampton services on the way back too, it’s another of my traditions ??

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why would you say that when they’re only at four festivals?

I'd not looked into it to that extent - but it would appear that I may have overestimated how many European festivals The Strokes are currently booked into,

I hereby retract my statement concerning Melvyn Benn wrapping Julian Casabancas in cotton wool (though I stand by Robert Smith), 

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

The waste of a day off is an added dilemma for me. I've gone from 33 days annual leave in the NHS to 25 in the MoD. 8 days less is a hard adjustment and suddenly have the Tuesday off now feels a bit like a waste. I used to to have Tuesday to Tuesday off....now looking at saving 2 days leave and trimming down to Weds to Monday.

(I am acutely aware that moaning about leave is a bit cheeky!)

Yeh same, the adjustment is hard. I've been a PhD student for the last two Glastonburys and the one before that I was working abroad so came over for a whole two weeks with a wedding tacked on the following weekend. I think I'll get reasonable holiday at the new place, but not sure how happy they'll be with me taking too much at the beginning! Thinking I need to cut the planned six days down to four...and take it a bit easy on the Sunday!! I was really in no fit state to even get out of bed on the whole of Tuesday and most of Wednesday in 2014 and 2016 ?

Back on the topic of potential headliners, following the previous discussion in this thread Kings of Leon have just announced their only UK show of 2019 in Liverpool on August 30th so I think we can rule them out. 

8 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Back on the topic of potential headliners, following the previous discussion in this thread Kings of Leon have just announced their only UK show of 2019 in Liverpool on August 30th so I think we can rule them out. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonre said:

Haha I love the Killers and am absolutely buzzing for them to be announced 

If it is The Cure and The Killers, I'll be there both nights. Fuck the nay sayers and the "uninspiring" shouts, it'll be great. Mock away, pop boys.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Ha! Saw a notification that you had quoted me and prepped for sarcasm overload. Disappointed. Where's Gonzo?

No no. Definitely interested in seeing The Cure and I’ve said a few times that I’m perfectly happy to see The Killers if nothing else takes my fancy.

2 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonre said:

From what I have seen it seems like the vocal ones are the nay sayers when it comes to the killers. Seems like plenty of people are pretty hyped to see them. 

Hyped is probably the key word. I was hyped to see Macca again, I'm looking forward to seeing The Killers again. 

The only thing is that it is unlikely to live up to the JP set from last time, should I leave them with that fond memory? Nah, I'll be there, singing my head off.

But had it been one of the other suggestions being bandied about, yer Gaga, Madonna etc. I wouldn't be anywhere near. 

• Upvote 1