2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I’m staying with mates in Glastonbury. Going to walk the site later, and up the tor. I’ll post some pics.

Am fairly confident that the pics should start a debate about how the exact conditions underfoot effect our chances come T-day; mutating eventuallly into a discussion about the odds of The Strokes being announced as a surprise ‘fourth’ headliner.

It is almost October after all.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

AM / Macca / The Cure

Doesn’t work for me. There’s just nobody properly exciting on that list. Macca is definitely the star booking there and would provide the big Glasto moment, but that set of headliners leaves me cold. 

Regardless of taste, it’s a strong trio.

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

AM / Macca / The Cure

Doesn’t work for me. There’s just nobody properly exciting on that list. Macca is definitely the star booking there and would provide the big Glasto moment, but that set of headliners leaves me cold. 

Me neither, I like the option to see one band headline the pyramid stage each time but this year is kinda flat. I was kinda hoping at bit more after a fallow year too. 

I know they other stages will make up for it, two of the best acts ive seen while going were at West holts, Funkadelic/Sly and Eearth Wind and Fire. I can't imagine choosing to see Kanye or cold play over them haha

Edited by Xeph1995

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

AM / Macca / The Cure

We don’t know it is that trio. Could be different.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

AM / Macca / The Cure

I totally agree. I like The Cure, but not convinced them or Macca being announced will get the same excitement in the wider public that they get on here. No wow factor, maybe we've become too accustomed for the bookers to deliver something that incites debate wether someone should headline that makes that trio seem bland.

15 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id absloutely love to see QOTSA headline, I really think they are good enough and big enough. They also put on a killer show. I doubt its gunna happen next year but i hope so soon. 

I could absolutely see this being a pyramid stage moment. 

Definitely agree, great back catalogue, charismatic front man, and (from what I've seen) they put on a quality show!

I'm always surprised R+L haven't given them a proper headlining slot instead of a pointless co-headline

QOTSA aren't a Glasto headliner in a million years. Have seen them a load of times, 7 or 8, over the last 15 years and sad to say they rarely deliver. They were bang average at Mad Cool in July. Wiped off the face of the earth by Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails who played after them. Men and boys. Night and day.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:03 PM, ivan said:

Yes but you have to appreciate that the BBC put a few quid into the Glasto pot and they will want decent viewing figures for their input

Obviously the likes of Coldplay , Foo's and Adele will give em that , risking it with Pale Waves won't.

My mate has been saying for years The Pyramid is too BBC audience friendly !

Yeah I understand the risk factor and viewing figures side of things. It's a shame that the BBC audience should hold so much sway over the festival and who appears on the Pyramid etc. Like someone else said on here a few pages ago - and I agree - people at home and new punters are getting used to these absolutely MASSIVE bands and it feels like it's all getting a bit insatiable. Just my opinion tho.

20 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id absloutely love to see QOTSA headline, I really think they are good enough and big enough. They also put on a killer show. I doubt its gunna happen next year but i hope so soon. 

I could absolutely see this being a pyramid stage moment. 

Would love this too. For my money, they're better than Foos - although prob not more popular. A solid Friday night headliner on the Pyramid definitely.

51 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah I understand the risk factor and viewing figures side of things. It's a shame that the BBC audience should hold so much sway over the festival and who appears on the Pyramid etc. Like someone else said on here a few pages ago - and I agree - people at home and new punters are getting used to these absolutely MASSIVE bands and it feels like it's all getting a bit insatiable. Just my opinion tho.

It's worth pointing out that despite the BBC's massive influence on the headliners being something "everyone knows", there's not that much actual evidence that they have much of a say. It might be something the organisers consider, but I've never heard of any occasions when the beeb has made or vetoed any of the festivals decisions with regards to headliners.