Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Accuweather always seem to have a more positive outlook for the longer range forecasts. Whether that is to gain page clicks or what I'm not sure. I do prefer Metcheck, it does seem to give a more realistic forecast rather than just the weather we want to see.

The good news is that we are starting to get within 16 day range which means the start of more accurate forecasts.

Bad news is that they are also showing a bit of rain Wednesday morning,

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16days.asp?zipcode=Glastonbury&locationID=57455&lat=51.1&lon=-2.7

If the forecast includes 'showers', it could go either way. 2015 saw loads of heavy showers predicted to fall on the site pass right by. Similarly, "rain" can mean anything from 0.1mm (which is basically nothing) to 10mm which would have an impact. Overriding trends are more significant than micro-forecasts.

1 hour ago, DTichborne said:

This is the first year I've failed to get tickets, having been to every one since 1994. Glorious sunshine is guaranteed. 

You must be absolutely gutted :(

First I've missed since I started going in 2004 and I really feel crap about it. Events over the last couple of weeks put things in perspective but I'm really, really disappointed I didn't manage to get a ticket. 

Still keep reading the threads on here, looking at the line up, checking out the glastocam. Not sure if it's more torture or if cold turkey would be worse. I'll probably watch bits on the telly I suppose and can imagine getting a bit upset. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, General Lee said:

You must be absolutely gutted :(

First I've missed since I started going in 2004 and I really feel crap about it. Events over the last couple of weeks put things in perspective but I'm really, really disappointed I didn't manage to get a ticket. 

Still keep reading the threads on here, looking at the line up, checking out the glastocam. Not sure if it's more torture or if cold turkey would be worse. I'll probably watch bits on the telly I suppose and can imagine getting a bit upset. 

I've booked to go out of the country. I live in Bristol, that's way too close to be hanging around while it's on! 

• Upvote 1

10 miles away from site- been a soggy Somerset day, but in my opinion this is good as you need lots of grass growing underfoot before the festival..Because you'll all be sat on it in the sunshine! :-)  ...wish I was going :-( xx 

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No I believe that's the correct term. Making me a tad nervous... But still two weeks out...

Likewise, its like a really bad Autumn morning here in the capital, no way would you think its June. Its definitely distracted me from the build up excitement a little bit :( Like you say however, still two weeks out so the odd day of rain can be allowed.

Just now, Familiar2billions said:

Likewise, its like a really bad Autumn morning here in the capital, no way would you think its June. Its definitely distracted me from the build up excitement a little bit :( Like you say however, still two weeks out so the odd day of rain can be allowed.

Autumn? This is a mid Feb shitshow if I've ever seen one. Utterly terrible. Can you imagine if... no I won't finish that.