Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Don't be suckered in by Accuweathers click bait predictions! They promote good weather so you share their forecasts around. Stick to more realistic predictions such as the met office or @The Nal

Find Accuweather to be pretty accurate two weeks out and that applies to places I've kept an eye on before travelling to around the world.

Their 'optimistic' (not quite sure 'clickbait' applies) sun/clear and historic average-based predictions seem to apply to forecasts four weeks and beyond out, however we are well into a stage where their forecasts can be taken seriously.

• Upvote 1

Lol we are so utterly fucked. Fucked i tell you. All these positive forecasts are doing nothing but lulling you all into a false sense of security. 

You might ask yourself "who's this c**t doing his best Nal impersonation". Every year ive been since 09 I was overly pessimistic about weather... Until last year. I've taken this as a sign.

Edited by T-Mouse
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Find Accuweather to be pretty accurate two weeks out and that applies to places I've kept an eye on before travelling to around the world.

Their 'optimistic' (not quite sure 'clickbait' applies) sun/clear and historic average-based predictions seem to apply to forecasts four weeks and beyond out, however we are well into a stage where their forecasts can be taken seriously.

I'm more of a realist than an optimist, I've found that when something seems to good to be true then it probably is. I'm expecting it to be a mainly dry festival but with cooler temperatures. If I'm wrong then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for the clickbait, how many people are spreading around predictions of average/cold weather. Warm sunny weather means more internet sharing, anything to increase site traffic. But you are right about coming into the stage where more accurate weather can be predicted but there are better and more reputable sites than accuweather for those.

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm more of a realist than an optimist, I've found that when something seems to good to be true then it probably is. I'm expecting it to be a mainly dry festival but with cooler temperatures. If I'm wrong then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for the clickbait, how many people are spreading around predictions of average/cold weather. Warm sunny weather means more internet sharing, anything to increase site traffic. But you are right about coming into the stage where more accurate weather can be predicted but there are better and more reputable sites than accuweather for those.

If it's clickbait you're after then predicting apocalyptic Glastonbury weather is much more successful than decent weather

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

If it's clickbait you're after then predicting apocalyptic Glastonbury weather is much more successful than decent weather

Don't doom us yet! The long range outlook is predicting better weather than recent years but that Accuweather prediction hasn't really changed at all in the last Month:

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Don't doom us yet! The long range outlook is predicting better weather than recent years but that Accuweather prediction hasn't really changed at all in the last Month:

Ha, no, I was just saying that if weather sites are interested in clickbait then they'd have a lot more success making the outlook for glastonbury look worse, not better

5 minutes ago, Franky said:

Out of interest did you go in 2010 ? lol :)

Yeah. Freaky stuff.

Also went in 04, 05, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 16 too. Rain and mud all those years. Wasn't there in 08 but it rained. Working off statistics, theres less than a 10% chance of no rain or mud this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah. Freaky stuff.

Also went in 04, 05, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 16 too. Rain and mud all those years. Wasn't there in 08 but it rained. Working off statistics, theres less than a 10% chance of no rain or mud this year.

Haha fair enough, you have had a rough run mate, 13 and 15 were very good I also have 08 and 10 to my name but did endure 04,05,07 along the way.

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah. Freaky stuff.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think we need to talk more about neutral weather (as J10 forewarned us of) - what do you pack for it? 

That J10 dude is a fucking maniac. I'm sure it's all some sort of sociopathic ruse. 

If there's 'neutral' weather do we all have to wear grey, taupe or beige clothing? 

• Upvote 2