Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

On 4/23/2017 at 11:47 AM, Junglist1981 said:

I kinda mean that it feels like there aren't many acts who have come along since the 90's that could cut it as a 2020 50th anniversary headliner, and that reflects badly on the 00's.

Maybe it's slightly to do with my age, but I can't name many bands since the 90s who have attained the level of prestige that was quite quickly attained by the likes of Coldplay, Radiohead, Oasis, Muse, Blur, etc

Things are different now though I guess. Hmmm.

muse and coldplay are bands from the 00s rather than the 90s arent they?

7 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Well, Yellow came out in 2000 so not sure Coldplay can be seen as a 90's band can they? And I don't think many people had heard of Muse until 2000/01, I appreciate the point but I don't think you can lump Coldplay and Muse into the 90's bands tag.

Bloody hell yellow came out that many years later wow

I always remember Sunburn that came out late 90s, but yeah probably right they are more a 00s band 

28 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Well, Yellow came out in 2000 so not sure Coldplay can be seen as a 90's band can they? And I don't think many people had heard of Muse until 2000/01, I appreciate the point but I don't think you can lump Coldplay and Muse into the 90's bands tag.

Muse's debut album came out in 1999 and they were doing decent festival slots on the back of it (headlined the NME tent at R&L in 2000 alongside Ian Brown and Embrace) so a fair amount of people must have heard that first album. It had Sunburn, Muscle Museum and Unintended on it which used to be played pretty regularly on music tv when I watched it back in ~2007, so I imagine they were big-ish singles within the alternative music scene back then.

On the whole though you'd defo call em a 00s band, yeah, but wasn't the point that there haven't been bands who've come about since the 90s who've had this immediate impact?

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Muse's debut album came out in 1999 and they were doing decent festival slots on the back of it (headlined the NME tent at R&L in 2000 alongside Ian Brown and Embrace) so a fair amount of people must have heard that first album. It had Sunburn, Muscle Museum and Unintended on it which used to be played pretty regularly on music tv when I watched it back in ~2007, so I imagine they were big-ish singles within the alternative music scene back then.

On the whole though you'd defo call em a 00s band, yeah, but wasn't the point that there haven't been bands who've come about since the 90s who've had this immediate impact?

Just saw that, looks like their album came out in late '99, I can't even remember what the original point was now :unsure:

From what I've seen: Tuesday Silver Hayes is definitely happening. Someone called doobeedoo or something (sorry, forgot the name) heard it at the ETC.

@eFestivals knows when the next announcement coming but isn't allowed to say.

West Holts I haven't seen anything about, I think it was just speculation.

Edited by Bradders

At the ETC event it was disclosed, and reported in this very parish, that we'll get Silver Hayes tomorrow (time not specified), and West Holts "soon after". So I've suggested Thursday for WH, but it could be two weeks after! Unlikely to be that long though with the number of stages that need to reveal line-ups in the next four or five weeks before the BIG POSTER.

Yes I'd expect T&C to pull back the curtain on their line up soon too, they tend to be an early revealer.

On 23/04/2017 at 0:52 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Trying to see what acts the festival will have on in 3 years time?

Sorry, I don't have 2020 vision.

On 23/04/2017 at 1:08 PM, Wellyboot said:

Haha!! Brilliant! :lol:

No upvotes left after the resale successes but I'll be back for this tomorrow :)

I've been back :P:D

7 minutes ago, Quahog5 said:

How do the stages rank in order of size/capacity and which are in tents

I'll have a go:

1. Pyramid - Open Aire
  2. Other - Open Air
  3. West Holts - Open Air
  4. John Peel - Tent
  5. The Park Stage - Open

Then I'm not sure, In fact 4&5 might be the wrong way round, but then there's tents like

• Acoustic
  • Avalon
  • Leftfield
  • Sonic
  • Avalon Cafe

Then loads of others, mainly tents, but some are open or semi open (in the case of The Glade)