Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Am I right in saying a lot of people aren't the biggest fans of Silver Hayes?

Like @big__phil's wish that Moderat and Soulwax arent on their lineup (or is that because they would headline and you don't want clashes)

Silver Hayes is better than when it was  dance village (aka 5 tents of dubstep with scousers offering you swedgers every 15 mins) but its still just a big open field with not much going on and music I'm too old too like (and I'm 25).

Like @big__phil's wish that Moderat and Soulwax arent on their lineup (or is that because they would headline and you don't want clashes)

It must just be me, but it's not my favourite area of site by any means. Always the muddiest area, with a comical lack of walkways and often a huge squeeze getting in to the field from the Other. The Sonic tent is dreadfully designed and Wow is often too small for the acts they get in there. Plus the whole place has a bit of a lack of character, and could do with more seating.

Other than that, it's great!

Is it Sonic stage that seems to cause the dislike?

I'm not remotely interested in dance music so avoid it like the plague but do like to have a look what's on the The Gully and maybe The Blues at a push.

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The area around The Blues and Gully is alright I think, it's when you start to crest the hill and begin to approach the Sonic Tent that it all get s a bit bleak.

Yeah, it aint the best. That area has so much more potential.

The phone boxes are brilliant, but could really do with a few more trackways for walking on

I only have one good memory of sonic and that was seeing Nas. I think the design idea was pretty good on paper but in real life it simply does not work. But because they invested in it I think they feel obliged to keep it.

The WOW stage is great mostly, except when they put someone far too big on to play it like DJ EZ. The outdoor "boat parties" are fun during the day as well and offer something different.

Edited by Memory Man

It just has the feeling of a bit of a thoroughfare to me, not sure what more they could do with creating more of a interesting lay out of the stages etc, I tend to only spend time down there on the Thursday (if I can be bothered with the crush between Other Stage and Silver Hayes) or during the day at one of the Boat Parties they put on outside the WOW stage. I don't think any of my mates ever plan to spend any time there, and we are all into the music that typically gets played in the area too.