Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I was thinking about that, but wouldn't that mean splitting up the backstage areas?  The space+shape of the required space for a venue isn't just the bit you go into.

Good point, although im pretty sure the back stage areas for those stages arent too big as they dont have to incorporate a mass of dressing rooms, vip bars etc. There would still be a lot of space as obviously the walk way part to one side would not have to be very wide at all. As no one would be stopping and traffic would be consistent.

I was going to look at Glasto Map but have only just realised that the festival have withdrawn their permission for them to use the aerial shot. Real shame.

18 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Haha, cheers. Im tempted to take plenty of Paddys Eggs with me this year and offer them to anyone who looks like they are having a trying time! A joke lost on non fans, but a classic for those who know.

I was looking at getting one of these but I'm not sure how many people would get it.

ra,classic_tee,x822,101010:01c5ca27c6,fr

4 minutes ago, payneruk said:

I was looking at getting one of these but I'm not sure how many people would get it.

ra,classic_tee,x822,101010:01c5ca27c6,fr

You'd be suprised, a fair few i reckon. My flag this year is a fairly outrages image of Cricket... Im expecting to get at least some Its Always Sunny appreciation in return! I had a trailer park boys flag the previous two years and it was great for chatting to randoms who were fans of the show.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

I'll back Franky to up his game at 13:00 though. Merago really has set that bar high mind you.

Yeah, fair play, it's tight, but Merago did just enough to inch it and set a good benchmark. I'm salivating at Franky's reaction. Could be a couple of stellar 13:00 posts coming up. All eyes on Franky

53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

This bit here is a fucking car crash.

Selection_004.png

Perhaps a better allocation of space would have been a more appropriate choice of words.

YES!

Totally awful, particularly in the rain.

Wider entrance needed at this pinch point, or some kind of crowd management technique.

Looking at that map snippet - is there a public entrance/exit to the silver hayes area on the right?  I mean near the top of the red circle drawn on, where's there's a gap leading to the path behind the pyramid stage 

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

For me, I think the music that they put on there is fine, the Sonic tent is dreadful, I think it just has this desolate feeling to it because of the great big expanse in the middle and at times the wind seems to howl through it - I guess the sound design would be a big issue if they rejigged the field to make it feel less like a corridor with a few tents along each side.

I liked the dance village it's first year (I think 2005), then it wet rapidly downhill. I like half of Silver Hayes, but I do agree the sonic stage is the worst thing to grace that field since I've been going- it's design doesn't even make any sense! 

5 minutes ago, uscore said:

YES!

Totally awful, particularly in the rain.

Wider entrance needed at this pinch point, or some kind of crowd management technique.

Looking at that map snippet - is there a public entrance/exit to the silver hayes area on the right?  I mean near the top of the red circle drawn on, where's there's a gap leading to the path behind the pyramid stage 

Yeah, that path runs along past a few bars/food stalls etc behind the pyramid and comes out in the field over from where the Beat Hotel is I believe

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah, that path runs along past a few bars/food stalls etc behind the pyramid and comes out in the field over from where the Beat Hotel is I believe

no, I know of the path linking the other stage towards the beat hotel area, I meant is there another entrance to silver hayes along it that I have never noticed before.  There's one at the bottom near oxlers, which is where I used to walk from the Other to the John Peel before it got moved. But there seems to be another entrance on the right hand side looking at that map

I've only been once myself (and with last year's mud I'm probably not in the best position to judge, plus the fact I don't think I was ever sober in there). I'd echo the negative sentiment about it tbh.

A lot of my sort of acts were playing there so I was there quite a bit. Found it incredibly difficult to navigate with the congestion and the mud and thought the sound quality in sonic was poor for some sets (Stormzy/DJ Premier). Maybe I was just in a bad spot.

Likewise to a lot of people in here, I'd probably be avoiding it altogether if not for the lineup being right up my street.

6 minutes ago, uscore said:

no, I know of the path linking the other stage towards the beat hotel area, I meant is there another entrance to silver hayes along it that I have never noticed before.  There's one at the bottom near oxlers, which is where I used to walk from the Other to the John Peel before it got moved. But there seems to be another entrance on the right hand side looking at that map

That was new for last year. Not sure if anyone used it due to the mud though..

We've clearly depressed the Silver Hayes crew sooo much with this thread that they're not in the mood for their poster release AT ALL! You can imagine them sitting around the office, starting on the vodka over lunch, asking each other if it's all really worth it.

Come on, let's have some positivity, and we can encourage them enough to show us their wares! Who knows, it could include an announcement for a whole new revamped SH area that we're all going to love!

OK unlikely, but we want to see the announcement all the same. An announcement's an announcement, after all!

1 minute ago, billum said:

We've clearly depressed the Silver Hayes crew sooo much with this thread that they're not in the mood for their poster release AT ALL! You can imagine them sitting around the office, starting on the vodka over lunch, asking each other if it's all really worth it.

Come on, let's have some positivity, and we can encourage them enough to show us their wares! Who knows, it could include an announcement for a whole new revamped SH area that we're all going to love!

OK unlikely, but we want to see the announcement all the same. An announcement's an announcement, after all!

Yeah, quite right. It's still a big section of the greatest festival on earth! A couple of little tweaks and a good line up and it'll be awesome!

38 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

You'd be suprised, a fair few i reckon. My flag this year is a fairly outrages image of Cricket... Im expecting to get at least some Its Always Sunny appreciation in return! I had a trailer park boys flag the previous two years and it was great for chatting to randoms who were fans of the show.

i'll keep my eye out for it! which one is it? I've always thought about getting him sitting on the two bins shouting 'Cocaine!'

32 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah, fair play, it's tight, but Merago did just enough to inch it and set a good benchmark. I'm salivating at Franky's reaction. Could be a couple of stellar 13:00 posts coming up. All eyes on Franky

Thanks guys, it's what I've been training for these past few months.  I'm now going to retire from the sport while on a high.  Good luck Franky, we're counting on you.

6 minutes ago, billum said:

If it's any consolation in 2015 my favourite smoothie place was in Silver Hayes. Every morning I'd fill up on a big green smoothie absolutely packed with nutrition. That would do for breakfast and lunch.