Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, StePotts said:

i'll keep my eye out for it! which one is it? I've always thought about getting him sitting on the two bins shouting 'Cocaine!'

Im not holding back, it's going to be this with 'Good Times!' written either side. Possibly get rid of the crack pipe now i think of it :D

0e8c40f6499f8d5538df3c40c20edfad.jpg

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Yeah I was looking at that too. It might actually be easier from a backstage point of view to have the stages on the Eastern side (nearer to the pyramid/other area) and walkways over to the West. 

I've thought about that a few times. People have complained about sound bleed before though, and moving all the tents to one side would probably worsen that...

Fact is though, Silver Hayes is the main access route for most of the NW campsites, and there will always be a crowd of people trampling though most times of the day. Unless they somehow seperate the area/stages from the main walkway, it will always have that throughfare vibe. Particularly noticable on muddy years.

1 hour ago, Familiar2billions said:

Its a shame the shanty town/shack theme you get at The Blues doesn't run the whole way through either side so its like a big street. A New Orleans Mardi Gras theme would suit it well.

...unless they really run with the throughfare aspect and turn it into an actual New Orleans style street as mentioned above. Make it interesting to walk through.

1 hour ago, uscore said:

no, I know of the path linking the other stage towards the beat hotel area, I meant is there another entrance to silver hayes along it that I have never noticed before.  There's one at the bottom near oxlers, which is where I used to walk from the Other to the John Peel before it got moved. But there seems to be another entrance on the right hand side looking at that map

I believe about halfway down now there is an entrance into Silver Hayes from that pathway, think it opened for the first time last year.

Edited by Mouseboy11

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

I believe about halfway down now there is an entrance into Silver Hayes from that pathway, think it opened for the first time last year.

Cool, thanks. Never noticed it before so that explains it.  I probably didn't go through Silver Hayes this year, as my main reason for doing so is usually to get to John Peel.

Which I didn't do last year. At all.  Not sure how that happened, I'm usually a regular at the Jp.  I couldn't go in 2015.  Which means I have never seen the JP in its new location :o