Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Nah I 4pm sucks... I'm going to give myself a few hours break (actually get on with some work) and check back in at 6pm when we will actually be getting the announcement :)

I'm thinking of doing the same however I will inevitably be back on here after I've lost concentration in approximately 7 minutes time.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Flipping heck, my next post is number 1000.

So, I am off now until the poster drops and my reaction will be post number 1000.

Better be before Friday evening when I predict it will drop else I may need help going cold turkey from Efests.

and it's all your fault....it started going crazy on here when you made the Matt42 statement. He's now on +36, his attitude has changed, and we've still got no line-up

As other have said, from a PR point of view (not that Glastonbury needs it) it should either have been this morning or I think Friday morning as there's big news coming up tomorrow which will roll into Thursday. 

It's not to say it won't be released on those days but I think it's a rookie mistake from their PR if they do.

I don't work in PR or have any idea how it all works so I'm just guessing to pass some time...

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

As other have said, from a PR point of view (not that Glastonbury needs it) it should either have been this morning or I think Friday morning as there's big news coming up tomorrow which will roll into Thursday. 

It's not to say it won't be released on those days but I think it's a rookie mistake from their PR if they do.

I don't work in PR or have any idea how it all works so I'm just guessing to pass some time...

But Friday is too far away! :(

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Or they may decide we all need a pick me up tomorrow! 

Not entirely sure article 50 tomorrow would overshadow a potential announcement would it?

The NME et al don't tend to run hours of political coverage and likewise the 24 hour news channels have never spent too long on a Glastonbury line up announcement

2 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

Not entirely sure article 50 tomorrow would overshadow a potential announcement would it?

The NME et al don't tend to run hours of political coverage and likewise the 24 hour news channels have never spent too long on a Glastonbury line up announcement

They'll still want hits and column inches though in the more general publications/sites (not just music based ones) which there will be less of with the Article 50 news taking over. 

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

I agree, I can't really see politics getting in the way of an announcement, not to mention they probably had a announcement time decided before the government had decided the article 50 trigger date!

As I said, it could still happen and I'd be happy if it did as I want to see the line-up as much as everyone else. However, it's definitely something anyone running the PR for a major event would take into account and the release date of the line-up could be altered if it was due to clash.

2 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

I agree with this. The main sources covering Glasto won't be bothered with any Brexit related news. 

At most the major news outlets may give Glasto a 30s mention, but nothing more. 

I'm sticking with Thursday 9am.