The XX

gmb1992

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the album, but it feels like one I'll listen to loads for a few weeks and then tire of, rather than one I'll keep coming back to.

Romy goes from sounding like someone who would do an announced live PA at a Garage night at Bagleys in 1997 on Dangerous, to being the new Tracy Thorn on Performance.  A strange old mix up.

I'm surprised how much I like it. With every listen more songs go from yeah not bad to pretty damn good. Not many songs left in the first pile now. Defiantly better than Coexist, although Angels is still the best thing they've done. Still to buy In Colour for some reason.

I remember in 2013 when they closed the Other stage, we'd been to check out Mumford even though we weren't massive fans we thought a nice little sing song might be a bit of fun but wasn't really our thing! Totally forgot The XX were playing, I think we got our nights mixed up, walked back that direction and had one of the most chilled out evenings we've ever had at Glasto! People were lighting little fires everywhere (that the marshals sadly kept putting out!) and the atmosphere was amazing. Didn't really get the blood pumping for a heavy last night but it was beautiful to witness!!!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Are Floating Points worth a watch? Never come across them but I'm going to the gig in Lyon. Just happened to be over there when the gig is on

No idea how the solo live show will be. But with the band, it was great. If it was with the full band I'd be scared of them overshadowing us, if I were The XX. Certainly worth a go though - excellent crossover appeal.